What is your thoughts on the new os x yosemite?

WHAT IS YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE NEW OS X 10.10?

Messages-for-OS-X-Yosemite.jpg

My thoughts.

1. PhotoBooth is missing?

Well maybe its just me, I did not have success to find photo booth, well I use photo booth a lot taking just simple photos of when I am sending emails and stuff, and when it is missing I quite don't get where apple is going here when they include a camera on all of their computers not counting mac mini and mac pro (and thinking that apple tv is not a computer) 

2. I love the new look :D

Holy crap, I just love the new layout and the design of the new OS. It looks so simple, and so premium, well I looks like I cam finally say that apple has consistency with heir devices. The thing I like the most is the transparent design of the design. Well I don't know why, but its awesome :D Only thing I don't like is the buttons, feels like different style would work nicer.

3. I heard that Final Cut pro dose not work.

Well even though I have the application, I cant even open it, it has this random x mark in the application. Maybe this is the thing, but I read that is that crashing is the problem? Can you guys tell me whats the problem? or the problem I am having is the problem? but I don't really care since I use premier and AE. 

Well that is some of my opinions on the new OSX 10.10. What is yours? do you just hate Mac and Apple it self, well I think its amazing, and I am more use to it so I like it more than my PC :P sorry PC fans out there but, No matter what people say I think that Macs are a great Laptop to cary around with. :D

:D - Phantomore

Kevin Jin

Linked In

Stupidest name ever! 

But better than "Rancho Cucamonga" 

Mavericks was a cool catchy name but, Yosemite?

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

ew it's mac...

Just respect the Mac dudes, why so hate on Mac. Liek seriously :P:D

Kevin Jin

Linked In

Can you maximise stuff yet?

What do you mean? I don't get wast you mean by Maximize, you mean full screen? I have no problems with full screening finder just tried :P I am on DP2 BTW

Kevin Jin

Linked In

Just respect the Mac dudes, why so hate on Mac. Liek seriously :P:D

i'm just kidding :P I don't like mac but I can use it :P

PhotoBooth is not gone; in the latest beta, it returned...

They just needed extra time to perfect it :P

Look! Nothing really changed!

*sighs*

Looks just as bad and locked down as all the other OSXes.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Looks just as bad and locked down as all the other OSXes.

They took the last version, and skinned it to look like iOS 7. Same thing though.

I'm not wrong..

Quite a few things did change, the redesign being an obviously apparent one.

All the built-in apps were rebuilt, and new features added, such as Safari's new title bar and syncing options, and Mail's new layout and conversation redesign.

You can now receive SMS texts, and even phone calls through your iOS device to your Mac, and you can go from your iPhone, hit a button, and open everything you were doing in the respective apps on the Mac. Pretty neat.

Also, Spotlight has been overhauled, with a new simple box that searches your Mac, various sources on the Internet, and even predicts things, offering more advanced options in certain scenarios.

Finally, a big thing for many people will be Mail Drop, which will take e-mail or message items too big to send through normal services, upload them to iCloud, and Apple will hold them, and they will be accessible to the recipient. All the way up to 5GB.

So, a few things changed. Sort of like Windows 7-8, except people won't want half the features changed back, eh? :P

Just as linus said on Austin's Q&A

"ugh"

post-45248-0-40223500-1404523507.png

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Quite a few things did change, the redesign being an obviously apparent one. Takes old look, redesigns it. Same thing, different look.

All the built-in apps were rebuilt, and new features added, such as Safari's new title bar and syncing options, and Mail's new layout and conversation redesign. Cool! So you get a new OS because Safari needed an update. (Just being a dick about this one really)

You can now receive SMS texts, and even phone calls through your iOS device to your Mac, and you can go from your iPhone, hit a button, and open everything you were doing in the respective apps on the Mac. Pretty neat. That's not new last time I checked...

Also, Spotlight has been overhauled, with a new simple box that searches your Mac, various sources on the Internet, and even predicts things, offering more advanced options in certain scenarios. Kinda cool, don't need a new OS for those features though, at least in my opinion.

Finally, a big thing for many people will be Mail Drop, which will take e-mail or message items too big to send through normal services, upload them to iCloud, and Apple will hold them, and they will be accessible to the recipient. All the way up to 5GB. Same as above, you shouldn't need a new OS for something that you should be able to download and have it work.

So, a few things changed. Sort of like Windows 7-8, except people won't want half the features changed back, eh? :P

Very true.

What do you mean? I don't get wast you mean by Maximize, you mean full screen? I have no problems with full screening finder just tried :P I am on DP2 BTW

Well I hope you're not using that as your main OS. Developer preview (especially 1 and 2 usually) are extremely unusable for everyday tasks (been there since Lion which was particularly bad...) Signed up for the public beta as I didn't feel like pirating it was right...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

I like the way it looks, kinda. I was finding the Mavericks and earlier look was beginning to suck ass.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Quite a few things did change, the redesign being an obviously apparent one. Takes old look, redesigns it. Same thing, different look. That's how it works; they brought it to the design language of iOS 7. OS X is extremely intuitive; they didn't need to change the layout, they just refreshed it, dramatically

All the built-in apps were rebuilt, and new features added, such as Safari's new title bar and syncing options, and Mail's new layout and conversation redesign. Cool! So you get a new OS because Safari needed an update. (Just being a dick about this one really) Those are two examples of just TWO apps in the OS. Every one has new features, but I wasn't going to list them all!

You can now receive SMS texts, and even phone calls through your iOS device to your Mac, and you can go from your iPhone, hit a button, and open everything you were doing in the respective apps on the Mac. Pretty neat. That's not new last time I checked... Nope. iMessages are synced, but SMS and calls were impossible to use outside of the phone itself. And the second part, that's not really every been used, in any way. Pretty new type of system, honestly. Does any other platform even have something remotely like this? And will it work as seamlessly? (I think you know my guess)

Also, Spotlight has been overhauled, with a new simple box that searches your Mac, various sources on the Internet, and even predicts things, offering more advanced options in certain scenarios. Kinda cool, don't need a new OS for those features though, at least in my opinion. It's more than I listed; it's like Siri, but without voice feedback. It's certainly welcome though, they weren't going to NOT include it because it's a relatively small improvement.

Finally, a big thing for many people will be Mail Drop, which will take e-mail or message items too big to send through normal services, upload them to iCloud, and Apple will hold them, and they will be accessible to the recipient. All the way up to 5GB. Same as above, you shouldn't need a new OS for something that you should be able to download and have it work. But that's the point; you shouldn't NEED to download anything! This ties in with iCloud, so it'll all be seamless and fast. It's not like you're downloading a new OS just for this; it's just another feature.

Very true. Oh, I knew I'd get you there ;)

os x is not *that* locked down. If you wanna do stuff to it, you can. 

Granted, macs are overpriced showcase pieces, but OS X in my experience is a great operating system. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Just as linus said on Austin's Q&A

"ugh"

attachicon.gifdisgusting.PNG

I loved that Q&A colaboration, well our guess is that Linus has arm strength??? WTF? LOL

Kevin Jin

Linked In

PhotoBooth is not gone; in the latest beta, it returned...

They just needed extra time to perfect it :P

Thanks I jsut got an update, and it works perfectly :D LIKE CHARM, well not perfectly at least the Photo Booth logo on my dock seems pleasing :D

Kevin Jin

Linked In