Is it too much to ask ?

DeViLzzz

Is it too much to ask of a son, my son to play NHL 09 on pc and play the game the right away and not rub it in my face when I am losing?  I found what he did today disrespectful, unsportsmanlike and so on.  Pulling the goalie when up 3-1, taking no shots on goal for a full period or two and not even trying to get to the net in a 0-0 tie, laying all over the ice and just hitting the poke check button mocking me as he thought I'd just run into him eventually and he would end up with the puck and so on.  Seriously what is with him doing this?  After the last game was over I came out and I offered my hand to shake and congratulated him on dominating me and winning and gave him his due for when he played well and tried but then I told him I did not want his company and told him I was calling his mother to pick him up as I was not going to be humiliated and have him be unsportsmanlike in winning.  It is one thing to be good but it is another thing to rub a person's face in it.  Anyone else hate these sort of attitudes from gamers?  Btw my son watches Bacon Country and that definitely isn't a good influence on him.  Anyway ... really disappointed .. I was having fun playing him but he crossed the line I think.

Interested to hear anything people have to say on this.

By the way had some trouble with the game kicking me or him to desktop once in awhile.  I think it has to do with a bug where if you are not playing in native resolution this happens.  No way to play in native resolution though as the game does not full support 1920x1080p.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

How old is said son?

He is 14 and he knows what he is doing.  The smirk on his face said enough.

How old is he? Also you're acting like a litte child aswell. He's a kid damn. If he wants to rub it in your face then let him. 

if he is 14+ (hey im 14 :P ) no its not. remind him how old he is and tell him to stop. if 11-13 it can be excused. 10 and below then just let him brag

How old is he? Also you're acting like a litte child aswell. He's a kid damn. If he wants to rub it in your face then let him. 

Being a bad winner is just as bad as being a bad loser.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Yes but he should be able to deal with it. ' I did not want his company and told him I was calling his mother to pick him up' is fucking childish. 

Agreed. You have to show kids how to act. Would seem they both acted the same. whats the saying like father like son.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

It is about being a good sport.  If you can't understand that then I don't know.  Also if I teach him it is ok to be a bad sport then I am definitely not doing right by him.  I think Izaya you need to learn something about sportsmanship.

Agreed. You have to show kids how to act. Would seem they both acted the same. whats the saying like father like son.

I am allowed to tell him that he is not welcome here if he is going to behave like he did.  Like father like son?  I shook his hand and was a good sport about losing whereas he couldn't even be a good sport when winning.  We are nothing alike in regards to this situation. Vorticalbox obviously you are clueless.

Being a bad winner is just as bad as being a bad loser.

I agree with this.  If you feel I was being a bad loser I was not.  I took a stance on something related to his behaviour that I feel needs to change. Simple as that.

As a father (granted mines a lot younger) I can't tell if you're serious with this topic or not. 

As a father (granted mines a lot younger) I can't tell if you're serious with this topic or not. 

Totally serious.

1368609477169.jpg

Who cares, it's a game. Seriously though, way to handle it... "You're being mean, I'm getting your mother to pick you up" 11/10

Well he understood what he did wrong and called to apologize leaving a message.  When I heard the message though I just right away thought to myself this is another hollow apology.  Oh well ..

Is this really a topic about you losing from your son, and him acting immature about it? Jesus.

This thread gave me a good laugh (Although I think you're just trolling us). Sounds like your son was just playing a game and someone decided to take it way too seriously.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I'm going to assume this isn't a troll... -_-

While I disagree with what you want to do to him as payback, I agree that a son/daughter should not disrespect their parents. They should also be taught to play to win or lose without being an a-hole about it. But honestly, it is just a game and he is a kid. He's allowed to muck up and act like an idiot etc etc, a parent is not.

Also, I don't think it is right to not believe your child when they apologize to you...I mean you obviously want him to apologize but you don't take your own son's words to be truthful? :huh: It sounds like it is hard to be your kid, if that is true.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I am allowed to tell him that he is not welcome here if he is going to behave like he did.  Like father like son?  I shook his hand and was a good sport about losing whereas he couldn't even be a good sport when winning.  We are nothing alike in regards to this situation. Vorticalbox obviously you are clueless.

Butt hurt dad,,,  

Challenge him to a fighting game, play on the pad first, then after losing, ask him for the arcade stick before beating him by spamming hadoukens.  :P

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I'm going to assume this isn't a troll... -_-

While I disagree with what you want to do to him as payback, I agree that a son/daughter should not disrespect their parents. They should also be taught to play to win or lose without being an a-hole about it. But honestly, it is just a game and he is a kid. He's allowed to muck up and act like an idiot etc etc, a parent is not.

Also, I don't think it is right to not believe your child when they apologize to you...I mean you obviously want him to apologize but you don't take your own son's words to be truthful? :huh: It sounds like it is hard to be your kid, if that is true.

Do you know what sincerity is?  It didn't sound like a sincere apology.  As for what he was doing in the game it clearly wasn't in the best spirit of gaming and what it should be.  If you think pulling a goalie with a 3-1 lead and not taking a shot on net for a full period and not playing the way he can play is going to make me feel better it is not.  I would rather get slaughtered and have him play an honest game instead of doing things that trolls do.  Sorry but if you think asking for respect is something that makes me a father that is being hard on his kid I just have to roll my eyes and laugh.  One minute you say he should not be disrespectful but the next you are cutting him slack.  Also this deal about it just being a game.  Yes it is a game but what he was doing also could be applied to real life and I think the way he was acting was something others wouldn't appreciate in other areas of life.  Life lessons can be learned from experiences with gaming.  Trust me it can be applied to other things in life for sure.

Butt hurt dad,,,  

Your comment says enough.  Again if you could read I congratulated him on beating me and was having fun until he got all unsportsmanlike and stopped playing the game the way it was meant to be played.  I really don't like losing and it has kept me from gaming at times but in this instance it wasn't the case.  Butt hurt dad did not apply here at all.  It would be nice if apologies came on the net from people as I think you owe me one but whatever.

If it's such a problem, then just go Granddad on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9kpmPX5WvY

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |