Australian Overpricing >:(

It seems in Australia that shopping for PC hardware is much more expensive than the states or other country's.  

Any ideas of websites that are based in Australia that offer reasonably priced computer parts.  

umart?

I found that pccasegear has really expensive shipping for where I live (like twice as much as umart)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

We get it in the UK Also however i've gotten used to it.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

order from umart dude its as cheap as it gets in australia

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

There's a balance; cheapest prices are normally CPL/MSY but their attitude according to an ex-staff member I know is 'get the shit and get out, good luck with warranty'

Higher minimum wage = higher pricing and higher cost of living. In the end it all equals out the same for everyone.. It's how the world goes around :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Umart, MSY, pccasegear etc are all pretty cheap and aren't too bad in comparison to the united states (once shipping etc is factored in). Since we have a much higher minimum wage if anything we are generally better off. Use staticice (website) to find the best deals.

Software and digital content on the other hand...

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

Higher minimum wage = higher pricing and higher cost of living. In the end it all equals out the same for everyone.. It's how the world goes around :)

If only: We get up to 30% import tax and stores usually carry at least 40% markup or worst so we have to pay 1.5 to 2.0x more than US prices and we have like 1/8th of the minimum wage. And afaik we're one of the countries that has it good for imports compared to other countries in South America.

-------

Current Rig

-------

If only: We get up to 30% import tax and stores usually carry at least 40% markup or worst so we have to pay 1.5 to 2.0x more than US prices and we have like 1/8th of the minimum wage. And afaik we're one of the countries that has it good for imports compared to other countries in South America.

Average minimum wage for the U.S. $7.75, minimum wage for Australia $16.88. A 40 hour work week in the U.S. for minimum wage workers $310 before taxes is taken out.40 hour work week for Australians minimum wage workers  $675

Example, price for a 4790K in the U.S. $339.99. Price in Australia $414.70. everything equals out. things are cheaper in the U.S. becuase of the $7.75 minimum wage. If we were able to have the same minimum wage as Australians, our PC components would jump up in price as well. It's how the world works.

Every time the U.S. bumps up the minum wage, price go up on things we buy, things have worked like that since before I was born.

anther example, cars, in the U.S. in 1968 you could buy a Camaro SS for $2,588 and a Corvette for $4,589 in 1963, fast forward to 2014 and a Camrro SS base model will cost you $32,995 and a 2014 base model Corvette will run you $53,995. In 1963 the minimum wage in the U.S was $1.25. Over time minimum wage went up and so did everything we buy.

In no way is Australians paying more for PC compnents, in the end it all equals out to be around the same. IMO I would have to say Australians have it pretty good, they have the Highest minimum wage in the world. I would give anything to see all my emplyees get paid $16.88 an hour working in a hot factory, instead most of them get paid $8 an hour and some have a really hard time feeding their families, and whats even worse then that, there are counties that work hard laber for only a couple cents an hour.

Australians get paid double of what most U.S citizens make.Now back to the example of the 4790k , Australians only pay $74.71 more then what we pay here, not even close to double the cost of what we pay here.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

Average minimum wage for the U.S. $7.75, minimum wage for Australia $16.88. A 40 hour work week in the U.S. for minimum wage workers $310 before taxes is taken out.40 hour work week for Australians minimum wage workers  $675

Example, price for a 4790K in the U.S. $339.99. Price in Australia $414.70. everything equals out. things are cheaper in the U.S. becuase of the $7.75 minimum wage. If we were able to have the same minimum wage as Australians, our PC components would jump up in price as well. It's how the world works.

Every time the U.S. bumps up the minum wage, price go up on things we buy, things have worked like that since before I was born.

anther example, cars, in the U.S. in 1968 you could buy a Camaro SS for $2,588 and a Corvette for $4,589 in 1963, fast forward to 2014 and a Camrro SS base model will cost you $32,995 and a 2014 base model Corvette will run you $53,995. In 1963 the minimum wage in the U.S was $1.25. Over time minimum wage went up and so did everything we buy.

In no way is Australians paying more for PC compnents, in the end it all equals out to be around the same. IMO I would have to say Australians have it pretty good, they have the Highest minimum wage in the world. I would give anything to see all my emplyees get paid $16.88 an hour working in a hot factory, instead most of them get paid $8 an hour and some have a really hard time feeding their families, and whats even worse then that, there are counties that work hard laber for only a couple cents an hour.

Australians get paid double of what most U.S citizens make.Now back to the example of the 4790k , Australians only pay $74.71 more then what we pay here, not even close to double the cost of what we pay here.

For a minor like me I'm lucky to even get $10 an hour

Oh yes I didn't mean to imply that Australia in particular doesn't has a fair import policy (regarding monetary concerns obviously, not talking about censorship) and pricing. This is also true for the rich part of the EU.

What I mean is that this is not always an universal indicator: Our minimum wage at best is equal to USD $0.64 per hour and electronics and imports cost 1.3x to 2x as much and beyond, making the items pretty much exclusive to well off medium class at worst and even then only the reasonable parts (VERY hard to find anything above a 770 here for example, only certain mail order places even carry things like a 780ti and when they do their inventory is like 2 cards and it lasts them like months cause nobody buys them)

-------

Current Rig

-------

For a minor like me I'm lucky to even get $10 an hour

Still more then what most of the grown people at my factory with kids at home make.

Minors in the US can get paid as low as $4.25 an hour

( Employees under 20 years of age may be paid $4.25 per hour during their first consecutive 90 calendar days of employment with an employer. )

Hours-Time Standards for 14- and 15-Year-Olds

1. DURING SCHOOL HOURS, except as provided in Work Experience and Career Exploration Programs and Work-Study Programs.
  2. BEFORE 7 a.m. or AFTER 7 p.m. except from June 1 through Labor Day when the evening hour is extended to 9 p.m. (time is based on local standards; i.e., whether the locality has adopted daylight savings time).
  3. MORE THAN 3 HOURS A DAY ON A SCHOOL DAY, INCLUDING FRIDAYS.
  4. MORE THAN 8 HOURS A DAY ON A NONSCHOOL DAY.
  5. MORE THAN 18 HOURS A WEEK DURING A SCHOOL WEEK.
  6. MORE THAN 40 HOURS A WEEK DURING NONSCHOOL WEEKS.

Oh yes I didn't mean to imply that Australia in particular doesn't has a fair import policy (regarding monetary concerns obviously, not talking about censorship) and pricing. This is also true for the rich part of the EU.

What I mean is that this is not always an universal indicator: Our minimum wage at best is equal to USD $0.64 per hour and electronics and imports cost 1.3x to 2x as much and beyond, making the items pretty much exclusive to well off medium class at worst and even then only the reasonable parts (VERY hard to find anything above a 770 here for example, only certain mail order places even carry things like a 780ti and when they do their inventory is like 2 cards and it lasts them like months cause nobody buys them)

Awe ok I see your point now, that makes since

• 3 weeks later...

Well, you gotta consider the exchange rate if your comparing our prices to those in the US and Europe, but I do know a few places that sell hardware for almost twice the price of where I normally shop.

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H105 | MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-1600MHz (16GB) | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II OC Edition | Storage: Samsung 840 Pro SSD (256GB) | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Logitech G300 | Monitor: Philips 244EL (24") | Speakers: Logitech Z906 | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)