Gigabyte Support - Is this guy Indian?

MaartenDekkers

I accidentally broke the Vbus pin of the USB 3 header. I am really bothered with this. Could i get it repaired? And how long will that take?

Dear Maarten,

Thank you for emailing GIGABYTE.
We are delighted with your interest in our products.
Please contact your deler on this.

The pin header can be replaced.

Your dealer can send the motherboard to yor RMA center.Kind regards

GIGABYTE-Team

why does it matter? (talking about the title)

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

what's wrong? he managed to convey the message even if it wasn't the best

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

That title sounds kind of Racist (no offence) But, I think Gigabyte has always had some misspellings in their Manuals and so I would expect it in their emails too.  Whether the person who emailed you is or isn't an Indian doesn't matter, because Indian's are just as smart as other people on the globe.   

So I dont think it really matters.  

why the racist term?

support can come from other parts of the world other than India

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Gigabyte is a Chinese company, wouldn't surprise me if (s)he were chinese

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

That title sounds kind of Racist (no offence) But, I think Gigabyte has always had some misspellings in their Manuals and so I would expect it in their emails too.  Whether the person who emailed you is or isn't an Indian doesn't matter, because Indian's are just as smart as other people on the globe.   

So I dont think it really matters.  

why the racist term?

support can come from other parts of the world other than India

How is it racist?

Taiwan to be exact

board made in Foxconn China factory 

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Omg I didn't know....

How is it racist?

because he asking if the support guy is Indian?

How did you come up with the conclusion that he was Indian? Maybe they're just illiterate when it comes to English.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

How did you come up with the conclusion that he was Indian? Maybe they're just illiterate when it comes to English.

Which a lot of people in English speaking countries are too. Looking at you, America.

How is it racist?

Because he is asking if the guy who replied to his email was Indian, I assume based on the misspellings.  Which I consider Racist.  

BTW, how much would it cost to get it repaired? What do you think?

just RMA it

the more you repair it yourself, its gonna be a hassle 

And how is that racist?

Because he was probably basing it on the misspellings and English.  Which is offensive to Indians I would think.  

BTW, how much would it cost to get it repaired? What do you think?

RMA it, LEAVE IT ALONE, because if you fiddle with it they will have an excuse not to replace it.  Make sure there is no excuse for them, so they HAVE TO replace it! 

just RMA it

the more you repair it yourself, its gonna be a hassle 

Yeah, but I'm kinda worried... Maybe It's like €40 and I'm just like omg no way

Because he was probably basing it on the misspellings and English.  Which is offensive to Indians I would think.  

Because he is asking if the guy who replied to his email was Indian, I assume based on the misspellings.  Which I consider Racist.  

It doesnt matter what YOU consider it. It isnt racist to ask which country a person is from.

Yeah, but I'm kinda worried... Maybe It's like €40 and I'm just like omg no way

a small fee yes buy they will give you a new board if you pester them

in the mean time if you don't want to wait buy a new board while the board is being RMA

It's not racist asking if someone is indian please, man up and take it. But a support writing so badly...just looks plain bad, being indian,chinese or wtv.

OMG, I just contacted the dealer/seller (Am I Indian? lol) of the motherboard and this is what they said: (Translated with Bing 'coz google is down)

Best Maarten,

You can send the product via a service request through our website.

Especially for you we will send the product than on.
We will not charge.

As Gigabyte charge than we charge this by.

Danish and Swedish I guess too :P

Disneys-Hades-Burns-His-Cigar-With-Firey

And im a danish guy living in sweden!

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"