AMD CPU Stuck on my CPU Cooler. i cant remove it. please help ASAP

wefty
Go to solution Solved by Maxwit44,

I generally take the fan off the heat sink, and boil the kettle, and fill a breakfast bowl with enough water to cover just over half of the heat sink. stand for about a minute the very carefully pick up the cpu only, comes straight off. either that or hold ont the cpu and try and lift every couple of seconds in case your scared of the heat.

My CPU and my stock cpu cooler are stuck help i cant remove it. please any tips. and 1 pin is dis-align 

Picture

http://i.imgur.com/xaDo7Iy.jpg  http://imgur.com/xaDo7Iy 

and

http://i.imgur.com/FdxPYjm.jpg  http://imgur.com/FdxPYjm

Please helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp please please please im scared D: im cleaning my PC for years but this is the first time it happened to me :(

is my PC Dead? because the pin is dis-align?

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

Sorry for my BAD English

Thanks and God Bless!!!!

had same issue 

I ran prime 95 for 10 mins so it heats up like a mofo, turn it off and as quick as possible turn the heatsink and pull 

My Rig: Intel 3770k with Corsair H100i pull, Asus Z98 pro , Corsair Vengeance 8GBx2 2100 mhz CL9, Galax HOF 1080 TI, 4 x OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig Raid 0, Corsair AX 850, Corsair Obsidian 650D

Were you able to unlock the retention arm before removign the heatsink? Also get a razer blade, wete the blade with lighter fluid and gently slide between the cpu and heatsink

Run a program that will run your cpu at 100% like prime 95 for a couple of minutes, then the thermal paste will become liquid and you will be able to take the heatsink off.

Are you sure you used thermal compound or were you using thermal adhesive?

If it is just thermal compound and it is stuck you could heat it up by running an intensive program and quickly removing the heatsink (turn off the PC off, of course)

If you just ripped your cpu out like a madman, I would say yes, your motherboard and or cpu would be dead.  

But yeah, best thing to do in a scenario like this is to play some games and heat up your cpu then turn off your computer and remove the cooler. 

Also get a razer blade

For a second here I thought you were talking about the laptop  :P

As everyone else has said, run a CPU intensive program for a few minutes then remove the heatsink. Obviously with the PC turned off, of course.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

This is why i hate AMD cpus this happened me to once with my old Athlon X2 but all i had to do was twist it until the TIM let go and it eventually came off.

for the rist problem it was answered, the pin problem can be adressed like so

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Run a hot hairdryer over it to warm the thermal paste, 

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

Hi to all!!!! Thank you very much for your replies!

i pull the heatsink without unlocking the motherboard cpu holder thingy. im scared i just bend the pin back. the only problem now is the cpu and the cpu cooler wont remove. i did not run it now. will oil work to remove the CPU Cooler?

@Nick Paviour i think hairdryer will make static charge. 

pop it in the oven for a lil bit and then remove it with gloves? :P

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

I can't believe .... :o

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I can't believe .... :o

its fairly common with amd, since their CPUs arent held by a retention bracket

i pull the heatsink without unlocking the motherboard cpu holder thingy. im scared i just bend the pin back. the only problem now is the cpu and the cpu cooler wont remove. i did not run it now. will oil work to remove the CPU Cooler?

dont use oil, wont help, and its a pain to clean off :P just use a thin knife (scalpel, razor) or a hammer :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Heat gun? 

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

I generally take the fan off the heat sink, and boil the kettle, and fill a breakfast bowl with enough water to cover just over half of the heat sink. stand for about a minute the very carefully pick up the cpu only, comes straight off. either that or hold ont the cpu and try and lift every couple of seconds in case your scared of the heat.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Thanks buddy!

and thanks to all who helped me :)

God Bless!!!!

Were you able to unlock the retention arm before removign the heatsink? Also get a razer blade, wete the blade with lighter fluid and gently slide between the cpu and heatsink

U wot m8???????

EDIT: Oh my goodness, thought this was a massive troll and you meant the laptop...I don't know what I'm doing today...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

As people said before, use some sensible way of heating the whole thing. A hairdryer to heat the heat sink is actually a good idea if you don't overdo it. The thermal paste should melt and the CPU should come off. I hope...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Thanks buddy!

and thanks to all who helped me :)

God Bless!!!!

No Probs bud, please be carefull, I've burned my self doing this.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.