Which Korean 1440p monitor should I get?

so far I'm looking at these three:

QNIX QX 2710

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221413502872

X-STAR DP2710

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321135502506

Achieva Shimian QH2700

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121150397449

They all seem pretty similar, but I'm not sure which would be the best choice.  Also, is it worth paying $30-$40 extra for the "Perfect Pixel" models?  The normal models might have up to 5 defective pixels, but would it really be noticeable? 

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

enjoy your dead pixels...

I would never buy a korean monitor...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

My friend has one(Qnix I think) and its fine.

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Hey it's possible for every monitor to have dead pixels. My VG248QE had a dead pixel on arrival.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I can return it if it's really bad, and most people don't have any problems with them anyways

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

Does anybody have any suggestions as to which one of these to get? Or any different suggestions?

I can return it if it's really bad, and most people don't have any problems with them anyways

It usually specifies in the return conditions that you cannot return it unless it has over a certain amount of dead pixels. Sometimes you can't even return it at all for dead pixels. Read the terms and conditions before purchasing...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I would only buy a Korean monitor.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to which one of these to get? Or any different suggestions?

I'll go with the Shimian since it ultimately looks nicer. I'll still go for 1080p and get a Samsung. Quality never ceases to amaze me.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

i have the X-Star from dream-seller.

not a single dead pixel or bright pixels.

no black light blead unless you go looking for it.

very fast shipping too. less than a week for mine to arive (edmonton canada)

I would only buy a Korean monitor.

I'll go with the Shimian since it ultimately looks nicer. I'll still go for 1080p and get a Samsung. Quality never ceases to amaze me.

you havent used a 1440p display have you?

it will change the way you look at any other screens.

Overlord Tempest OC X270OC is an overclockable 1440p monitor that has good quality.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

you havent used a 1440p display have you?

it will change the way you look at any other screens.

I have 2560x1600 on my Note 10.1. On a PC based on how I use it, 1080P is enough for a 27 inch monitor. I think TVs can benefit from higher resolutions though. The main factor that encourages me to buy a display is the color production I love SAMOLED displays for the contrast ratio and the saturation that makes the colors express their individuality. I'll prefer a OLED 1080p display anytime instead of a LCD 4K. OLED will eventually replace all LCD and LED in about 10~20 years. 

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

I say go with the QNIX QX 2710, i would spend the extra to get the pixel perfect version though.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I own 4 of the QNIX QX 2710 pixel perfect version monitors and not a single one of them has a dead pixel.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I own 4 of the QNIX QX 2710 pixel perfect version monitors and not a single one of them has a dead pixel.

Looking to pickup my second next month. Its quite fantastic.

I have 2560x1600 on my Note 10.1. On a PC based on how I use it, 1080P is enough for a 27 inch monitor. I think TVs can benefit from higher resolutions though. The main factor that encourages me to buy a display is the color production I love SAMOLED displays for the contrast ratio and the saturation that makes the colors express their individuality. I'll prefer a OLED 1080p display anytime instead of a LCD 4K. OLED will eventually replace all LCD and LED in about 10~20 years. 

like i said.. you have not used one.   a tablet is not the same as a large format desktop monitor. they server totally different purposes.  

like i said.. you have not used one.   a tablet is not the same as a large format desktop monitor. they server totally different purposes.  

I can't see individual pixels on my monitor. I'll say I'm fine :)

#GALAXY

#ATIV

I can't see individual pixels on my monitor. I'll say I'm fine :)

see its not all about not seeing the pixels.. its more about the usable area that you get with a higher res display. you would know if you have used one

see its not all about not seeing the pixels.. its more about the usable area that you get with a higher res display. you would know if you have used one

Totally forgot about that. Just remembered why content creators prefer 4K displays. I play around with photoshop, but like I mentioned, I don't have a need for 4K right now.  :lol:

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Totally forgot about that. Just remembered why content creators prefer 4K displays. I play around with photoshop, but like I mentioned, I don't have a need for 4K right now.  :lol:

that does not mean having a higher res display is useless. because these use samsung and LG IPS panels they produce very vivid and accurate colors. looks a lot better than your avarage 1080p display. plus there is no point of putting money in to a tech that is starting to fade away.

that does not mean having a higher res display is useless. because these use samsung and LG IPS panels they produce very vivid and accurate colors. looks a lot better than your avarage 1080p display. plus there is no point of putting money in to a tech that is starting to fade away.

But is it affordable? 4K is just on it's baby steps, and 4K costs at least twice as more compared to 1080p. I'm guessing 4K would replace 1080p in at least 5 years, so I'll disagree on "no point of putting money into a tech that is starting to fade away". Also, color production doesn't relate to resolution. Get an OLED, and you'll still get great saturation and contrast nonetheless.  

I prefer overly saturated displays for some reason. I love SAMOLED because of the vivid colors. I won't say an LCD is capable producing amazing colors a SAMOLED can. I'll prefer better color production over resolution anytime. 1080p is here to stay as a standard for some time. By the time standards change and if affordable graphics cards are able to support 4K with ease, then I'll look into 4K.

As of now? No. By the time 4K becomes industry standard, I'll likely build a new computer.

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I've been looking at them the past day and from the information I found. The QNix and Xstar are the same except a different brand logo.  I also heard that it's not worth buying a perfect pixel one, since it's actually the same for more money. (Then again who is sure, maybe save than sorry)

Also there will be some factor of bleed since the panels don't fit snug into the bezel. But there are guides on overclocking.net to fix this.

I'm thinking of buying either a QNix or Xstar and removing the ugly bezel. Do also keep in mind that the stand is quite crappy. So get a better one. I'm also looking for a triple monitor stand.

I live in Belgium and the duty + VAT would cost me 80US$ (I think). So that would make the screen cost 420US$ so atm I'm thinking if it's worth it not just having a retail model from asus that is in tip top shape and has a good warranty.

Keep in mind that the QNIX/XSTAR raises gamma when overclock which makes the color look dull(or some people say as low brightness) and suffers image retention.

I suggest you spent the extra and get the Overlord Temptest X270OC as those doesn't raise the gamma while overclocked.

you could also get MOTV M2700 which have the same panel as the overlord and is also overclockable for a cheaper price if you could find one.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.