Intel 730 vs Samsung 840 evo. Which ssd to buy?

Shepard_Pro_
Go to solution Solved by MuZeVII,

Definitely the Samsung EVO. Twice the capacity for the same price and the EVO is already pushing the limits of SATA3.

Please give me an advice. I am choosing between Intel 730 240gb and Samsung 840 EVO 500gb. They have the same price. Does intel 730 worth spending so many money? or is Samsung the best option? Please tell me the pluses and minuses of both ssds. Look forward to hearing from you.

Definitely EVO from my point of view. Intel is just for bragging rights and paranoid people.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I want to use it as my daily drive for OS, programs and games

Definitely the Samsung EVO. Twice the capacity for the same price and the EVO is already pushing the limits of SATA3.

You were a noob once too!

Go with the Samsung if you plan to put your games on there. The 240GB in the Intel would only allow a small amount of games to fit on it.

Big thanks to everyone for being friendly and helpful! I will definitely buy samsung!

I hate to sound like a parot but...go for the Samsung 840 EVO 500GB. It's a no-brainer. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Big thanks to everyone for being friendly and helpful! I will definitely buy samsung!

Good choice! :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

EVO, I would happily buy more of them myself

although if you want loads of SSD storage check out the new Crucial MX100 can get double storage for the price of the EVO

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Evo- though I advocate SanDisk Extreme Pro in 240GB, 480GB or 960GB flavors. Reliability and high consistent performance not degraded over time like others. The new Samsung 850 approaches this in performance as well.

Using Tapatalk