Func MS-3 & Macbook(don't ask why)

Hello LinusTechTippers.

I have been using the Func MS-3 for a while now(since i saw Linus video about it), and i love it.
The thing is that i just sold my desktop pc and bought my self a Macbook Pro since i moved out by my self and the apartment is too small to hold my gaming rig.

I WILL be installing Win7 on the Mac, but in the meanwhile i would still like to use the Func MS-3 on my Mac.

The problem is that when i connect the mouse to the mac nothing happens,and i suspect the USB ports on the Mac do not deliver enough power... am i right? And i am afraid this problem will still be present even with Win7 on the Mac.

Would love if someone could give me a solution or explanation on why my beloved MS-3 will not work:)

PS: If you read this post Linus, please tell your friends at Func to make their peripherals Apple friendly^^

PSS: Please don't make this thread a discussion on why i bought a mac!

No the mac has enough power in its usb it should work but i did see someone say it wasnt working on  osx but when they switched to windows on the mac it worked so maybe osx just doesnt like it even tho apparently the func guys said it should work :S

Thanks :D I really hope it will work once i get windows installed. Funny how OS X detects the mouse as a keyboard and then wont't work :P

Thanks :D I really hope it will work once i get windows installed. Funny how OS X detects the mouse as a keyboard and then wont't work :P

Hello and welcome to the forums! OSX usually assumed USB HID devices to be pairs of mouse and keyboard for some reason. Maybe if you go through the keyboard setup steps it will work automatically ? Not sure, never had this problem.

Also, not every person here is an Apple hater. Usually, people that do not have emotional problems with Apple will find their products reasonable at least (if, yes, expensive)...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, it's been a while.

Just wanted to give a quick update on my problem.
Turns out that the connection inside the mouse between the mouse and the braided USB cable is bad. I have to twist the cable in a special way to get it to work.
Thanks for all the help guys:)