Where to buy Mobo Capacitors?

Hey guys, i messed up badly when putting on my CPU cooler and bumped a capacitor at the top of the motherboard and it fell off. 

Just wondering what usually happens next? I've left the computer off and contacted Asus and i'm waiting for a response. 

Can these be bought at a store and have someone solder it on or what? 

Numbers on the capacitor are "FP10K, 44az, 5 6 1, 6.3"

IMG_59471.jpg

Project: Rock Lobster = Completed Click for Build Log 
INTEL CORE I7 4790K @4.6ghz | 2 x Windforce R9 290's CF | CORSAIR H110i |Samsung EVO 500GB SSD, Sandisk 128GB SSD| WD 3TB Green, Seagate 2TB |

|Asus Maximus 7 Ranger  | Windows 7 | Corsair 450D Case |

Eh... What capacity? that's what matters... (measured in Farads (F))

How do i find that out? 

Do the numbers i listed above not give you that info?

INTEL CORE I7 4790K @4.6ghz | 2 x Windforce R9 290's CF | CORSAIR H110i |Samsung EVO 500GB SSD, Sandisk 128GB SSD| WD 3TB Green, Seagate 2TB |

Asus should cover that capacitor and RMA  your board. You can get a capacitor replacement and solder it, but you need the correct specifications, as DEcobra11 said, you need to know the capacity.

There is not that much we can do with the model number, it is a OEM part.

You can try going to the Badcaps forum, they know their capacitors over there.

Asus should cover that capacitor and RMA  your board. You can get a capacitor replacement and solder it, but you need the correct specifications, as DEcobra11 said, you need to know the capacity.

Considering i've had the board for like 2 days do you think they would fix it or replace the board and any ideas what sorta cost i'd be looking at? 

Considering i've had the board for like 2 days do you think they would fix it or replace the board and any ideas what sorta cost i'd be looking at? 

If you bought it online then you will have to RMA and pay the shipping cost. If it was picked up from a local store, they might do the warranty for you without having to pay anything.

If you bought it online then you will have to RMA and pay the shipping cost. If it was picked up from a local store, they might do the warranty for you without having to pay anything.

Yeah just wondering because it's my fault that it happened if they would charge me for it

Yeah just wondering because it's my fault that it happened if they would charge me for it

No they wont, just tell them the board had a cap off and they will replace it.

No they wont, just tell them the board had a cap off and they will replace it.

Are we advocating dishonesty and ripping off a company because of user error?

Take a picture of the capacitor (where the cap is really on display) and use a google image search. Chances are you'll come across a technical document sooner or later.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Judging by the first number, it looks like a 10,000 picofarad cap. Search somewhere like radioshack (or equivalent). You could also ask in the comments of an EEVblog video. There will definitely be someone there who would know where to find a replacement.

Motherboard: MSI 770-C45 2606Mhz HT 200Mhz Bclk | CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE 3606Mhz | GPU: ASUS R9 270 DCU2 2GB 1125MHz Core 1500Mhz vRAM

RAM: HyperX Black PC3-12800 1600MHz 9-9-9-20 | Storage: HyperX 3K 120GB SSD SATA II + 570GB| PSU: EVGA 500B 500W              

F@H Stats: 7,077,384pts x 576wu (08/14/2015)                                                                                                    green=stock setting     red=above spec     blue=below spec

System Name: Rocinante = "workhorse"                                                                                                                                           

I guess you are right, if Asus wants to cover the warranty of his error it's all good, but he should not lie.

Take a picture of the capacitor (where the cap is really on display) and use a google image search. Chances are you'll come across a technical document sooner or later.

This, take a pic of all the text (and I'm guessing it's a solid capacitor right :P?)

They are damn hard things to take photo's off and get proper focus! 

2014-07-01082258.jpg

@SilenT_LobsteR

Ah the shortcomings of cell phone cameras. We're getting there...

Could you list out the letters on each row?

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

@SilenT_LobsteR

Ah the shortcomings of cell phone cameras. We're getting there...

Could you list out the letters on each row?

FP10K, 44az, 5 6 1, 6.3