H100i or Glacer 240L on 4790K

Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

I'm in the USA, I'd likely jump on the H320 if it were available here, anyone know if CM is going to do a variant of it?

Quotes don't seem to be working for me....am I doing something wrong?

the swiftech H320 (360mm radiator kit) is available from NCIX.US

Swiftech H320 the cooler master prolly won't be publically released until august/september.

I pulled the trigger on the Swiftech H320.Going to be a long wait but hopefully worth it!

Thanks again Airdeano!

Thinking about swapping the fans for some red BitFenix Spectre pros , any thoughts on that?

I just got the h320 and x61. I own the 280l. I have a 4790k and the temps are not good. Its not 4770k bad but its pretty bad. Hopefully the h320 does the job.

TechSilver, let me know how it works out.

I will probably make a thread with temps from all of them with my OC settings. I am not impressed so far but it is what it is.

noctua_nh_d15_1.jpg

NH-D15

Much respect to noctua but its too big and too ugly and i doubt it can handle 1.33-1.45 volts on a 4790k

Much respect to noctua but its too big and too ugly and i doubt it can handle 1.33-1.45 volts on a 4790k

It beats the H100i, and is only just edged out by the Kraken X61.

It beats the H100i, and is only just edged out by the Kraken X61.

at 1.45v? im not talking baby oc's. im talking max stuff

at 1.45v? im not talking baby oc's. im talking max stuff

No wonder why your not impreesed with these aio performance, those extreme oc's need a custom loop! As far a I have been researching aio's are great if your gonna not doing oc or general oc

Techsilver, are you running the pump at max? One thing I've noticed that on the sub par reviews, everything is wide open, and with the high power pump on he CPU maybe that's choking performance, a 1 watt pump puts out minimal heat, 6 watts could a bit different.

I am a total newb at PC water cooling, however I have multiple decades of aquaria experience, and have set up central systems running 40+ individual tanks, show tanks with multiple sumps etc so I have knowledge that translates. I'm planning on running my pump at 30% max, as that's probably overkill just cooling the CPU. If you expand the loop and put in a bunch more right angle bends you will need more head pressure but as is it wont take much to get proper flow , and from my understanding the celling for cooling capacity in regard to flow rate is very very low.

Corsair H100i :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series