Is there a NVIDIA Tesla k40 versus Xeon Phi 7120A comparison anywhere around?

Even though I have been searching high & low for a tech-spec comparison/faceoff of the NVIDIA K40c and the Intel Xeon Phi 7120A, I haven't been able to do so.. I was hoping Linustechtips would definitely be carrying something, Can anyone please help me out here..

Thanks in Advance..

Look at what programs that you use, and pick which ever unit performs the best for those programs.

Even though I have been searching high & low for a tech-spec comparison/faceoff of the NVIDIA K40c and the Intel Xeon Phi 7120A, I haven't been able to do so.. I was hoping Linustechtips would definitely be carrying something, Can anyone please help me out here..

Thanks in Advance..

Yeah the nvidia K40 rips apart intels card, remember the teslas have been around for a while now, nvidia have a solid setup while intel had is new to the addon processor setup. Drivers are better with nvidia and more programs work well with it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I've been wondering something similar since the new phi was mentioned in the news section.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I've been wondering something similar since the new phi was mentioned in the news section.

I remember the Engadget article on it ages ago. Most of the comments pertained to, 'Why are there no display outputs on that graphics card? Intel is so shit!'

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Yeah the nvidia K40 rips apart intels card, remember the teslas have been around for a while now, nvidia have a solid setup while intel had is new to the addon processor setup. Drivers are better with nvidia and more programs work well with it.

Yeah the K40 does shit against the intel cards.

Those cards are just totally different beasts.

You can't just swap them out install a different driver and call it a day like a GPU or CPU.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I remember the Engadget article on it ages ago. Most of the comments pertained to, 'Why are there no display outputs on that graphics card? Intel is so shit!'

I remember seeing similar posts from people who saw the Nvidia stuff for the first time too. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Hey MrSuperb, chill out dude.. its not bull**** man.. I am a Mechanical Engineer as well as a Microsoft certified on NT 4.0..

Cool, so what software are you using. I suppose it supports both Xeon Phi and Tesla cards (which I have my doubts about) or you wouldn't ask that question right?

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Some posts removed.

Stop this now please.  We do not need to verify everyone's life stories before they can ask a question.  If you feel your time is wasted on a question, or you think the user doesn't really need your help, you are free to not type anything and read another thread.  But there is no reason to post in a thread and do nothing other than to accuse people of lying or trolling.

There are few applications that the k40 doesn't utterly destroy Tue coprocessor in, what work exactly do you do? If any of it involves environment generation you could go with a quadro + Tesla (or titanz). But if all you do is computational work then it depends really on exactly what you focus on

What we are actually are a KPO, a knowledge process outsourcing company, based in Hyderabad - India, providing HVAC design consulting to Air-conditioning firms in the Middle Eastern region. Previously, what used to happen is that each company would hire an entire team of engineers + support staff, now they just outsource it. Which suits us both fine..

We use SOLIDWORKS / ANSYS MEP - -for Modelling & Analysis and FloTHERM / Siemens NX Advanced Flow for Dynamic Analysis.. Actually the Dynamic analysis part is the most imp. one - which among other things is to ensure that there are no hot-pockets in the zone.

hot-pocket20.jpeg

There are many small one-shop Aircon retailers purporting to be Aircon firms, ( actually their registered name reveals it all.. "some xyz Aircon Establishment".. Mo-assessa in arabic means establishment, shirkat means company ), they used to just stock Air-conditioners, and offer thumb-rule rough cooling solutions before.. Now the laws have gotten more strict, so they hire a bare-bone engineer or two & outsource their design requirements.. Even so the lay-man has gotten used to the fact that he can walk into any small aircon "Firm" with a copy of his architectural plan DWG file & walk out with an HVAC quotation..

The more discerning customer understand that HVAC design is a process and contact Engineering consultants & even they sometimes outsource some complex / urgent jobworks & demand quick service..

Anyway it's a Bigger-dog-eat-smaller-dog-&-no-place-for-the-cat market..

Now How long does simultaneous ' DWG import / Heat load analysis / Equipment selection / Static Assembly / Dynamic Equipment & Flow Analysis ' take for a waiting  customer being regaled with Shai/ Gahva in the lounge ?? Even for a two storey small villa..

If we don't do it, there are plenty of other KPOs willing / praying to take up the slack..

I know that.. (I think??) that The Tesla k40 can run off-the-os and its application linearity is pretty even.. I found this study here..

http://translate.google.co.in/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.hpc.co.jp/benchmark20140422.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3DTesla%2Bk40%2Bversus%2Bxeon%2Bphi%2B7120p%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D622

But even from the limited info that I have, The xeon 7120 should be better Because 1) it comes from the intel stable, and should possess some synergy with a xeon E5 or E7 CPU.. 2) It is a challenger to the Already well-established Tesla K40.. Who would be idiot enough to put-up an inferior product, certainly not intel..

Now do we have to write code or optimize applications in any way for them to run on the Xeon 7120.. It seems that the xeon 7120 comes with its own linux core-os..

Any light shed or guidance received with thanks..