Best Graphics Card for Single Monitor 1080p gaming?

TheUNCONN3CT3D
Go to solution Solved by TheUNCONN3CT3D,

Well thank you everyone for the replies. I've decided on the 2GB GTX 770.

if you are going to buy the backplate for the 770 you should just go with a 780 that already have it, would cost about the same

Link to which 780s have this?

EDIT: Nevermind.

These are my graphics card depending on what settings you want to play on 1080p:

Low settings 1080p -> r7 250x

Medium settings 1080p -> r7 260x

High settings 1080p -> r9 270

and last but not least Ultra settings 1080p -> IMO I'd go for the r9 280x

^

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

I just went through this with my wifes computer and chose the 280x. I got the xfx dd 280x for 249.99 with a reboate. That is an insane price if you ask me. I say 280X unless you want a lot more power then a 290x over the 780 because its a little better performance BUT right this second get the MSI Gaming 780 ti its 599 on newegg.

I just went through this with my wifes computer and chose the 280x. I got the xfx dd 280x for 249.99 with a reboate. That is an insane price if you ask me. I say 280X unless you want a lot more power then a 290x over the 780 because its a little better performance BUT right this second get the MSI Gaming 780 ti its 599 on newegg.

how does the xfx DD do with temps im planning a build and checking out the differant brands and models
Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

I personally love the GTX 780Ti. It is extremely fast, and yes a little bit pricey, but you have no worries about lag or stutter in any games that have came out so far while playing in Ultra. Unless you forget about Watch Dogs, but that's Ubisoft's problem that they're "figuring" out.

I personally love the GTX 780Ti. It is extremely fast, and yes a little bit pricey, but you have no worries about lag or stutter in any games that have came out so far while playing in Ultra. Unless you forget about Watch Dogs, but that's Ubisoft's problem that they're "figuring" out.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen lol.

Personally I think you should go for AMDs unless you're willing to pay 450+ for a graphic card... then you should either go for GTX 780 or GTX 780 ti... any lower tiers card AMD kinda got it all... (unless you want to be super uber quiet and low power consumption but then you might as well go for custom water cooling loop...) but if you're going for nvidia just because of power consumption thinking that you will "save money" in long term then don't...

is explained quite well why you shouldn't...

Aaaannnnddd to answer the thread's title... GTX 780 ti, it's a bit of overkill for 1080p build but if you do own/buy GTX 780 ti you won't ever have to worry about stuttering/graphic lags/low fps at ultra/very high settings... unless of course if its new GPU killer title like "Crysis series" (if Crysis 4 ever gona come because GTX 780 ti can run 1080p Crysis 3 with AAA on at 60+ fps)

PLEASE QUOTE OR TAG (WITH @) ME IF YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT ME TO REPLY!!!!!!!

Also if your issue is solved don't forget to mark the thread as solved!
Peace!!! from a random person in the tech's god forsaken land (named Finland or as I like to call it sarcastically FUNland)

Personally I think you should go for AMDs unless you're willing to pay 450+ for a graphic card... then you should either go for GTX 780 or GTX 780 ti... any lower tiers card AMD kinda got it all... (unless you want to be super uber quiet and low power consumption but then you might as well go for custom water cooling loop...) but if you're going for nvidia just because of power consumption thinking that you will "save money" in long term then don't... here is explained quite well why you shouldn't...

Aaaannnnddd to answer the thread's title... GTX 780 ti, it's a bit of overkill for 1080p build but if you do own/buy GTX 780 ti you won't ever have to worry about stuttering/graphic lags/low fps at ultra/very high settings... unless of course if its new GPU killer title like "Crysis series" (if Crysis 4 ever gona come because GTX 780 ti can run 1080p Crysis 3 with AAA on at 60+ fps)

I also want to take advantage of PhysX because I have a lot of supported games. (Borderlands 2 and others) And sure the power consumption thing makes sense I mostly need features that Nvidia offers.

Well thank you everyone for the replies. I've decided on the 2GB GTX 770.

I also want to take advantage of PhysX because I have a lot of supported games. (Borderlands 2 and others) And sure the power consumption thing makes sense I mostly need features that Nvidia offers.

borderlands isnt really intensive so it wont make much differance i play it on my laptop with nvidia gt630 at high/ ultra and some medium at 40+ fps but thats 796p so 1080p on ultra for those crds will both hit 60+ fps
Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

how does the xfx DD do with temps im planning a build and checking out the differant brands and models

I have the card clocked (280x XFX DD) at 1100mhz core and 1700 memory and its at 69 celcius (highest ive seen anyway) and its at 70 percent fan speed which is quieter than the H80i while gaming.

(the Best Graphics Card for Single Monitor 1080p gaming is the R9 270)

you have the $ and you want green :lol:

just buy a 780  :rolleyes:

also. i like this R9 280X with 6GB of Vram ^_^

I have the card clocked (280x XFX DD) at 1100mhz core and 1700 memory and its at 69 celcius (highest ive seen anyway) and its at 70 percent fan speed which is quieter than the H80i while gaming.

sweet thanx
Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

So I got my 770 today. It came with a free backplate preinstalled. It's a sexy card.

Enjoy! ;-)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)