Wait do I want unregistered ram or registered

This can be confusing!

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

Look at the specification of your CPU and/or motherboard to see which RAM they support.

oh shit, k

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

I haven't heard of this categorization before. Where does it say so?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I haven't heard of this categorization before. Where does it say so?

Isn't that ECC RAM?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Isn't that ECC RAM?

I don't know. I haven't heard that term to be used with rams. ECC and non-ECC are more common. For basic gaming/desktop build non-ECC is better as more motherboards support it. Server and some workstation boards use ECC ram.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Maybe buffered or unbuffered?

I'm just confused with this UDIMM and RDIMM ram

@LoGiCalDrm

You will want unregistered. Registered is for mission critical and goes along nicely with ECC. Registered ram has a "register" (go figure :) ) that acts a lot like cache.

Registered is more for server RAM and the like 

:)

You will want unregistered. Registered is for mission critical and goes along nicely with ECC. Registered ram has a "register" (go figure :) ) that acts a lot like cache.

Registered is more for server RAM and the like 

:)

RDIMM is registered. UDIMM is unregisered 

Ty friend!!!