why i made the switch to wp8/wp8.1 platform

kainobean

i am a messy typer and im sorry continue if you want if not sorry.

i prepare myself for hate from everyone but hear me out on my reasoning. first off id like to say that android is still a great platform and i never used ios but it looks quite nice too. my first smart phone was a samsung omnia 2 with the winmo6.5 platform and that was the best platform ever even after switching to android 2.3 gb i found i was wishing i could go back to winmo. i must be insane to be one of the few that think it was the suppirior platform. i made the switch to android cuase i wanted to try it and i liked it a lot and had a baslt playing wiht it but then it came time for a new phone and i hated 4.0+ a lot as it felt slower and looked uglier and the stupid on screen soft buttons was such an impossible thing to get used to that every time i typed on the keyboard i would hit the home soft button and bam loose everything i typed or have the anyoance of having to navigate back to the app i was in. android still is great. has tons of apps even if 90% of them suck and are pointless junk apps. and since i dont play games on my phone since it just killes the already poor battery life in phones faster that basicly makes the market a non selling point for me. all i need is solid msging for txting and solid web browser for surfing the web and maybe a few useful apps like banking and what not and email. and well wp8/8.1 does all of that while maintains (albit a locked down experience) nice looking gui that i very much like (call me the minority but whatever). so since market/app support no longer was a concern and all i needed was a fast responcive phone for basic everyday stuff the windows phone platform never looked more apealing to me. i have to say i love my lumia 925 very much and the wp8.1 update is very nice even if i give no cares about the newly added digital assistant. 

things i like about wp8/8.1:

even on low end hardware it is fast and responcive,

the market isnt cluttered wiht a bajillion useless apps and garbage that no one will ever use or play,

the voice regconition is the best i have used yet and maybe once in a while it makes a mistake but its nearly perfect and im not even a clear speaker,

and i just love the simplicity of the ui and the nice solid colors with no fancy beveling or shadowing of any sort.

things i dont like:

the fact that support for things like smart watches isnt a thing,

missing some features that even winmo6.5 had back in the day like full file browsing support,

the whole idea of the locked down uncustimizable gui.

even though i like android i feel that i will be staying with windows phone for a while maybe for ever or till the next great mobile os comes out whatever that maybe in the future.

maybe this small review will give some new light as to why people like it. and dont think im some stupid person who knows nothing cuase i was and alwasy will be a power user with everything. once that level of userablity comes to windows phone ill be sure to be making my own roms again like i did back on my omnia2. note i only made a rom for myself customized to my own wants and needs so it dont exist on any forums i am just a nobody a smart nobody nontheless. except english that is my not so strong area language i suck at all of it v.v anyways peace out hope you find my small review thingy interesting if not just move along.