Would you say that the Asus G750JZ is overpriced?

I want someone's opinion on this, since I am currently in the process of looking for a decent work/gaming laptop/notebook/whatever they call it.
Same with the Blade, do you get what you pay for? I've also noticed that pretty much every Macbook Pro is cheaper than a decent work/gaming laptop/etc. 

For a laptop no, if you are just going to put it on your desk for 90% of the time the yes and get a desktop

It depends on what you need.. The Blade is a thin/light laptop with reasonably powerful hardware, and the G750JZ is a large notebook mainly designed for the most powerful hardware you can get in a laptop.. The Macbook Pro has its benefits (if you personally like OSX), though it comes with weaker hardware than both the Blade or the G750.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

You can get a radeon based gaming laptop with a mobile 290x for like $1200.  Mac can't even play games.  If you want to game, a mbp isn't for you.

The powerhouse gaming laptops are desktop replacements, meant to be used by people without a lot of room, people to use as a dock for a monitor/kb/mouse, and for people who are on the road a lot.  They aren't for everyone.

I want someone's opinion on this, since I am currently in the process of looking for a decent work/gaming laptop/notebook/whatever they call it.
Same with the Blade, do you get what you pay for? I've also noticed that pretty much every Macbook Pro is cheaper than a decent work/gaming laptop/etc. 

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Compared to Gigabyte/MSI/Sager? Sure, it's a little more expensive for the level of hardware you're getting. Still, it has a much better/quieter cooling system than those brands.

As for the Razer Blade, you're always going to pay a premium for the ultra-thin form factor. And on top of that, it's Razer, so they'll charge a little extra on top of that.

And I don't know much about the MBP since I don't pay a lot of attention to Apple products, but I don't believe they're for gaming since they rely on Iris Pro for graphics. Whether you get a Macbook Pro or a gaming laptop will depend heavily on what you plan to use it for.

What gaming laptop would that be?

You can get a radeon based gaming laptop with a mobile 290x for like $1200.  Mac can't even play games.  If you want to game, a mbp isn't for you.

The powerhouse gaming laptops are desktop replacements, meant to be used by people without a lot of room, people to use as a dock for a monitor/kb/mouse, and for people who are on the road a lot.  They aren't for everyone.

What gaming laptop would that be?

I think he's referring to the MSI GX series. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CjgKEAjw8r6dBRDZprbmndPi90sSJAB2U6dRxtWk8XAGX9Vp2bhCAHKbznvRzonphKAVbrb_uT5k5_D_BwE&Item=N82E16834152571&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-All+Gaming+Notebooks-_-N82E16834152571&ef_id=U67ntgAABWA9e90R:20140629142241:s

The GPU is roughly equivalent to a 870M, and it seems to be $100 cheaper than the GT70 which comes with the 870M. However, the A10-5750M is much weaker than the i7-4700MQ. I haven't done that much looking around to see if there's a model with an Intel CPU and the AMD GPU. I know Alienware makes one, but if you were worried that the Asus G750JZ being overpriced, then to you, Alienware definitely will be.

I think he's referring to the MSI GX series. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CjgKEAjw8r6dBRDZprbmndPi90sSJAB2U6dRxtWk8XAGX9Vp2bhCAHKbznvRzonphKAVbrb_uT5k5_D_BwE&Item=N82E16834152571&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-All+Gaming+Notebooks-_-N82E16834152571&ef_id=U67ntgAABWA9e90R:20140629142241:s

The GPU is roughly equivalent to a 870M, and it seems to be $100 cheaper than the GT70 which comes with the 870M. However, the A10-5750M is much weaker than the i7-4700MQ. I haven't done that much looking around to see if there's a model with an Intel CPU and the AMD GPU. I know Alienware makes one, but if you were worried that the Asus G750JM being overpriced, then to you, Alienware definitely will be.

Asus G750GM overpriced? NO WAY. That is less than 1300$ with a Core i7 and GTX 860M, which is the best selling gaming notebook on Amazon! With the Alienware 17 starting at 1499$, it's the same specs as the G750JM but still uses crappy 1600x900 dipslay.

Asus G750GM overpriced? NO WAY. That is less than 1300$ with a Core i7 and GTX 860M, which is the best selling gaming notebook on Amazon! With the Alienware 17 starting at 1499$, it's the same specs as the G750JM but still uses crappy 1600x900 dipslay.

Oops, meant to type G750JZ, which is what the OP is asking about. Regardless, compared to similar levels of hardware you can get in Lenovo/Gigabyte/MSI/Sager it is more expensive, but there are additional benefits that should be taken into account as well.