Computer making a small vibrating noise

dlf

Built http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P5kr (except for 8 GB of RAM, not using that monitor, and using the stock CPU heatsink) it seems in the last day or two the left side of the case has started to make a small vibrating noise. Anyone have ideas on what's making the noise?

Should also add that the system is on bamboo floor in Dallas, also have gotten a few BSOD as well.

It might be due to a number of things. Do you have a disc in your optical drive? They're probably the noisiest components next to fans.

It could also be your fans or hard drives, but that's less likely.

I did shut down the system, boot into BIOS open the side and (not on purpose) pulled the fan from the motherboard - I think the sound's disappeared, so it appears it was my side case fan making the noise, and now why?

Your CPU cooler may have loosened its-self, so maybe try making sure that it's snug to your motherboard.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I did shut down the system, boot into BIOS open the side and (not on purpose) pulled the fan from the motherboard - I think the sound's disappeared, so it appears it was my side case fan making the noise, and now why?

The system is now making normal sounds

The system is now making normal sounds

So it's fixed?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

make sure your fans are not vibrating, check heatsink check all parts if they are tightned and in place.

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3