Machine turns on but there's no display

Axhole

So i got my new graphics card and i played it on my computer for about an hour until i turned it off and went to bed.

When I woke up the next morning I tried turning it on but it didn't work.

So I opened up my computer and I saw that the 24 piece connected to the motherboard was slightly unplugged so I quickly plugged it in.

The computer turned on but usually when it turns on the fan spins very fast and then slows down, this time that didn't happen.

So I tried using the display but nothing showed up.

Can anyone help? Thank you

Specs:

PSU: Corsair CX600

GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7950 HD DDR5

Motherboard: Stock Asus Motherboard

http://www.engadget.com/products/asus/essentio/cm5570/specs/

Those are it's specs.

check all the power cable connections

try and see if you can run without the GPU

use the onboard display output

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

If the fans aren't spinning the first thing to do is unplug the current, before anything melts. Check all your connections inside the case, including fan headers, try using the pc without the gpu, try using one ram stick at a time. If it works without the gpu, the gpu is dead. If it doesn't and it works only with a particular ram stick inserted, replace your ram.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

check all the power cable connections

try and see if you can run without the GPU

use the onboard display output

He's done that already still nothing

Check the stickies :http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/42440-readme-how-to-respond-to-a-no-post-or-no-power-up-situation/

If the problem doesn't get fixed then something is fried or just not working...

If the fans aren't spinning the first thing to do is unplug the current, before anything melts. Check all your connections inside the case, including fan headers, try using the pc without the gpu, try using one ram stick at a time. If it works without the gpu, the gpu is dead. If it doesn't and it works only with a particular ram stick inserted, replace your ram.

I don't think anything is fried because I instructed him to take out the battery and clear cmos that way and before that it would turn on but would turn off immediatly after. Now it on and the fans ARE spinning but no display and I can't fix the computer  until friday so I told him to go to this forum and see if anyone has any suggestions

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Now it on and the fans ARE spinning but no display and I can't fix the computer  until friday so I told him to go to this forum and see if anyone has any suggestions

If the fans are spinning it's almost certainly a faulty gpu. Your friend should try the computer without it (using integrated graphics) and see if it works.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

If the fans are spinning it's almost certainly a faulty gpu. Your friend should try the computer without it (using integrated graphics) and see if it works.

He has. Still the same isssue

He has. Still the same isssue

faulty monitor maybe?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

faulty monitor maybe?

doubtful