Windows 7 network connection problem

Good day guys

I'm new here but I have been watching linus videos for a long time now. I just want to ask this problem that I had.

I have this computer of my friend I reformatted it and install windows 7. after all that I connected the computer to my home network and its all good but when I give it back to them connect it to their network the computer is seeing the network as 'Network 2' and it has problem connecting to the internet. my assumption is that it still recognize my home network. After some tinkering to it if found that it is looking for my homegroup so is disconnected it to the homegroup but still it says 'Network 2' on its connection and another icon with 'Unidentified network' on its name. My friend is totally not familiar to windows 7 as they are (the whole family) has no background on it and I want to setup their computer as easy as possible (they even ask me every single popup messages that the antivirus tell them and windows messages). So can you tell me how to fix this? I'm thinking of resetting the network configuration back to like when you first installed the OS, but when I did some googling they said that it cannot be done unless editing the registry. also what is this merge network that I saw on some pages out there can it help too?

Set the network as your home network. Also I suggest using the built in Windows Network Troubleshooting to see if that can resolve it.

Also, are you using WiFI or Ethernet?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Set the network as your home network. Also I suggest using the built in Windows Network Troubleshooting to see if that can resolve it.

Also, are you using WiFI or Ethernet?

windows network troubleshooting is crap

It's ethernet I attached it at home via ethernet and when I gave it back to them and attached it to their network that the start of the whole thing.

can this be a good idea if I reinstall the driver on it?

The Windows Network Troubleshooting isn't crap. 

Besides that, you should set their network as a home network, to loose the unidentified network tag. The whole network 2 name is caused as it's the second network it's been connected to.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I already set their network as the home network but there is still the unidentified network (and its icon is the public network) meaning there are 2 icons in the network and sharing center 1 with the home icon and the name 'Network 2' and the other one with the public network icon and with the name 'Unidentified Network'. the fact that it state 'Network 2' on its name is that it still recognize that my home network is its number 1. is there a way to delete that setting on it so that the only network that the computer will recognize is their network.?

this is a huge windows vista and 7 issue not sure if carried over to 8, but these some fixes i found in past

1. Factory Reset Modem Router all network devices pretty much.. ( if wired connection keep cable disconnected till fully booted good idea restart pc to , wireless keep card off til same modem router fully booter)

2. Change SSID new network name computer should give you the home, work, public pop up network selection screen. dosnt always work not that easy this best for wifi and this issue

3. manually set ip address and dns i use googles dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 

4. reinstall windows

i hate playing in regedit can be risky and i never found a fix in their yet, so i wouldnt bother, also tried some services fixes with no luck, same with reinstalling protocol in adapter properties

PC SPECS: ASUS Maximus Extreme IV-Z with i7-2600K @ 4.5GHz 1.38v, GSkill Sniper series 4x4GB DDR3-2133MHz 9-11-10-28 1.65v, ASUS ENGTX260 TOP, OCZ ZX 850Watt,Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB SSD OS drive, Dual ASUS VH238H 23" LED monitors, 5TB storgae 2x2TB HDD and 1 TB black download drive, Antec DF-85 case with 4x120mm and 2x140mm fans, Gemini II cpu cooler with 2x120mm fans.  Logitech G19 keyboard