are these cables safe to use

xcvtop

Hi i currently have a Corsair AX 1200 (not an AX 1200i) PSU and have purchased these cables from OCUK after being assured they will work

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-140-CS&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=1084

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-127-CS&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=1084

now before I cause any damage to the components in my rig are these definately safe to use?

thanks

It doesn't say they are compatible, they might just not fit at all

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

No.. It says that, from the AX series, it's only compatible with the 860 and 760..  :(

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

No.. It says that, from the AX series, it's only compatible with the 860 and 760.. :(

Yea he's right

If they fit and work then it will be fine as long as you're drawing <860w from the PSU because they weren't made to handle all the power a 1200W PSU can provide. Just to be on the safe side.

"Rawr XD"

If they fit and work then it will be fine as long as you're drawing <860w from the PSU because they weren't made to handle all the power a 1200W PSU can provide. Just to be on the safe side.

Nope..

Pretty sure that's not how it works.

No the AX1200i cables will not work on AX PSU.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

No the AX1200i cables will not work on AX PSU.

ok well i have tried to buy these

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/professional-series-gold-ax1200-individually-sleeved-modular-cables-white

and aparently they are in stock but i can not buy them as there check out page refuses to load past the delivery address screen which is really fustrating.

i have messgaed them asking for clarity on the cables i have allready purchased and are awaiting a reply which i will post here.

but incase i can never check out on there website does anyone know where i can buy the white cables for the AX1200 cables in the UK?

#Update 1 - scan.co.uk are going to contact Corsair on my behalf to see if they can get one for me

Nope..

Pretty sure that's not how it works.

People have claimed some cables do work. For some sets all of them work, for some the 24 pin doesn't fit.

"Rawr XD"

People have claimed some cables do work. For some sets all of them work, for some the 24 pin doesn't fit.

so do you think it is worth trying the cables i already recieved from ocuk?

so do you think it is worth trying the cables i already recieved from ocuk?

Unless you plan on verifying the pinout of every wire, I wouldn't risk my components over a maybe.

And what if it is pinned different? I don't think your SSD will like 12v when it is expecting 3.3v.

Also, you don't send all 1200w over a few wires. Typically larger PSUs just have more wires for additional hard drives or GPUs. Wire size is pretty standard at 16 or 18 gauge.

Unless you plan on verifying the pinout of every wire, I wouldn't risk my components over a maybe.

And what if it is pinned different? I don't think your SSD will like 12v when it is expecting 3.3v.

Also, you don't send all 1200w over a few wires. Typically larger PSUs just have more wires for additional hard drives or GPUs. Wire size is pretty standard at 16 or 18 gauge.

#update 2 corsair have replied to scan and have said they are EOL and they do not have any in stock, i am still waiting to find out if i can use the cables i have with my current psu but they are taking ages to reply to me

Could anyone help me out? I have an Ax 860 (Not i) And i want some blue sleeved cables, but i don't want to shell out the fat stacks for Corsair's cables and i want ones that have little to no heat shrink visible. Can anyone recommend me some that are compatible? Note: I could just get extensions, but i would like all visible cables to match, not black cables in the bottom and blue up top.

I was looking at some EVGA ones but i'm not sure what cables are compatible with the ax 860 and i don't want to risk anything  :blink:

Could anyone help me out? I have an Ax 860 (Not i) And i want some blue sleeved cables, but i don't want to shell out the fat stacks for Corsair's cables and i want ones that have little to no heat shrink visible. Can anyone recommend me some that are compatible? Note: I could just get extensions, but i would like all visible cables to match, not black cables in the bottom and blue up top.

I was looking at some EVGA ones but i'm not sure what cables are compatible with the ax 860 and i don't want to risk anything  :blink:

Unfortunately, psu pin outs aren't standardised, which means if you have a corsair psu and want blue sleeved cables you have three choices.

Buy the corsair branded cables.

Sleeve your own cables.

Get someone to sleeve your cables.

Either way, looking pretty cost a few "fat stacks" :P

OK finally got an reply back from corsair and no I cannot use these cables so they are going back to OCUK as of next week