Titanfall Free2Play this weekend. 50GB? all the NOPEs.

plutomok

Seriously though thats ridiculous 
is it so poorly compressed/optimized? what do?

I have GTA4 and Skyrim and those total about 30gb in total....

tumblr_n7lzut1X0Y1qztwe4o1_1280.jpg

Phenom II X6 1090T @3.6ghz , EVGA GTX 770 SC, 8GB Hyper-X ram, Adata SX900, WD Black, Corsair HX850, LG IPS234, Logitech G9x, Logitech X-230, Netgear R7000

For some reason they  have uncompressed audio in like every language which is like 30gb of the 50gb

Still its big but 50gbs is hardly going to stop me playing it/installing it, I just decided to run it off a hard drive and not on off my SSD since it loads quick anyway

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

For some reason they  have uncompressed audio in like every language which is like 30gb of the 50gb

Still its big but 50gbs is hardly going to stop me playing it/installing it, I just decided to run it off a hard drive and not on off my SSD since it loads quick anyway

im more worried about my bandwidth than hdd space tbh =[

Phenom II X6 1090T @3.6ghz , EVGA GTX 770 SC, 8GB Hyper-X ram, Adata SX900, WD Black, Corsair HX850, LG IPS234, Logitech G9x, Logitech X-230, Netgear R7000

im more worried about my bandwidth than hdd space tbh =[

The download is not 50gb just FYI its like 25/30, it just takes 50gb when installed

What do you mean bandwidth? being a bigger download will not consume more bandwidth, It will just use more of your download limit (I get unlimited)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The download is not 50gb just FYI its like 25/30, it just takes 50gb when installed

What do you mean bandwidth? being a bigger download will not consume more bandwidth, It will just use more of your download limit (I get unlimited)

But depending on your bandwidth, it will take longer to install, cutting into the ~48 hours it is free to play. 

I should be studying.

its free this weekend

its not "f2p"

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

It's 50GB extracted. It's not a 50GB download. I'm not sure the exact number but it's around half that.

Also, we did not need another topic about Titanfall 

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

But depending on your bandwidth, it will take longer to install, cutting into the ~48 hours it is free to play. 

Your 48 hours don't begin until you start the game.

Your 48 hours don't begin until you start the game.

oh. It is different from Steam then. I will never use Origin so I didn't know.

I should be studying.

Origin MasterRace.

Its nice though.

EA is a terrible company that disrespects its community and only cares about making a quick buck off its customers. And I hear Origin is horrible. 

I should be studying.

Seriously though thats ridiculous 

is it so poorly compressed/optimized? what do?

Titanfall uses the Source engine. Source can not play back compressed audio of any kind.

Of course, one can question Respawn's / EA's (lack of) wisdom to include every bleeding language in the standard download. In fact, it's pretty condemnable. 

However, the actual download as has been pointed out, is 25GB.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It's a lot of uncompressed audio, but honestly there isn't that much audio anyway, there is like 4 same lines the people say, in my case mostly "you lost, get to the ship and escape" .. something like that, I haven't played the game in ages.

Buuut honestly, there is no way that many audio logs, but as said before the download is 25gb, I'm sure of that because I just recently re downloaded it, but it's still 25gb.. it's not really that big of a game.

Prodigydeadeye, on 23 Jun 2014 - 02:41 AM, said:

EA is a terrible company that disrespects its community and only cares about making a quick buck off its customers. And I hear Origin is horrible. 

Origin isn't half bad. Unlike Steam it looks more modern and doesn't use gray scale for coloring. You can return games, you can get free games, dosnt go down as much as steam (You need to hit Origins redeem service hard to slow it/take it down.)

IDK Steam and Origin have different features. Quite frankly they're both really good.

The timer starts when you launch the game.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

The timer starts when you launch the game.

I know another member already let me know.

I should be studying.

You could speak to every investor.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.