Would you want more realistic vehicle physics for Watch Dogs 2?

thewhitestig

Personally I like the GTA IV style of handling. The physics engine is superb although they took the handling of the cars a little bit over the top in terms of floatiness. It is still by far my favourite handling in a non racing sim game. 

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

Go play the DIRT/GRID games to find out how real cards should be in a simulation :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

i wont buy buy any game from the watchdogs series, or from ubisoft for that matter

so i dont care

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Go play the DIRT/GRID games to find out how real cards should be in a simulation :P

Uhhmm... I hope you're being sarcastic. Those games are not sims at all. If you wanna play something real I suggest you go take a look at Live For Speed, rFactor and iRacing for realistic handling. And if you want realistic crash physics better take a look at BeamNG. The only game from the mainstream that comes even close to being a simulator is Need For Speed: Shift and Shift 2 and it's unreleased spiritual successor Project CARS. 

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

I would like watch dogs 2 to be a good game, or at least a game that runs properly and doesn't try to screw you over like 1.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I've never played watch dogs, but I will agree with you that I enjoyed the physics from GTA IV. I disliked the way the cards handled in GTA V.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

Uhhmm... I hope you're being sarcastic. Those games are not sims at all. If you wanna play something real I suggest you go take a look at Live For Speed, rFactor and iRacing for realistic handling. And if you want realistic crash physics better take a look at BeamNG. The only game from the mainstream that comes even close to being a simulator is Need For Speed: Shift and Shift 2 and it's unreleased spiritual successor Project CARS. 

No i was not they are pretty accurate. Although you should give F1 2012 a shot its really accurate :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I got used to the car physics on watch dogs and ts not something that bothers me, although i do have to say that sometimes i see myself completely driving off the side of another car without any real damage to my own car so yea.. It could have been better. But im totally digging the cockpit view :D

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

Surprised people would even consider buying watch dogs 2 so fast after the stuff they pulled with the first one. :blink:

As far as the driving thought it was okay after getting the hang of it, but yeah could use some work.

This is where I would like to see open world games like GTA, Saints Row and Watch Dogs going. But I know they're never gonna do that. They have to cater to the needs of noobish players that are not able to drive 150m before hitting a pole. 

No i was not they are pretty accurate. Although you should give F1 2012 a shot its really accurate :P

Well, I like those games very much. The original GRID is my favourite. Toca Race Driver 2 and 3 were also very good. Colin McRae Rally 2, 3, 2004 and 2005 brings back a ton of good memories. 2005 was actually a PC exclusive. But get real, those games are not sim racers. They were semi-simulation. The real sims are the games like the ones I posted. GRID 2 and all the DIRT games are pretty much arcade racers. F1 is cool though. If you're a fan of rally racing you should definitely try out WRC 3 and 4 FIA World Rally Championship

If you're a fan of rally racing you should definitely try out WRC 3 and 4 FIA World Rally Championship

Hmm i might just do that :P

The biggest complaint I ever hear about gta IV is the car handling and how horrible it is, I actually like the handling in gta 5 :/

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Don't know if one depends on the other or not but crash physics yes, handling no. The vehicles should be easy to handle so that they don't get in the way of you moving to an objective.

It's a bit of an exagerration, but if the game turns into a driving sim when you get in a car it would piss me off! :D