Comcast Bills Non-Customer $29 a Month for 13 Years of Cable Service She Never Got from Comcast

geforceftw

Basically this woman lives in a condominium and when the condo switched providers in 2000 comcast charged her even though she was not a customer. She has paid $4,000 for service she was not receiving.

An 88-year old South Florida woman living on Social Securitypromptly paid her Comcast cable bill of $29 on time each month for 13 years. The only problem is, she isn’t a Comcast Cable customer. The condominium where she lives switched to a different provider back in the year 2000, but that didn’t deter Comcast from continuing to bill her month after month eventually totaling $4,500 for non-service.
When she finally discovered the error, she ran into the Comcast “Don’t Care” Bears in the company’s customer service department.
“Give me my money back! Because I paid for them for so many years, and they’re rich. They are rich, and I’m poor,” she told a Miami TV station. Comcast told her they don’t give those kind of refunds.
Perhaps it was her fault for not recognizing the fact she was making payments in error. Comcast first offered a $20 “courtesy credit” and then stopped negotiating after making their final offer of a six-month refund — $174. After WPLG put Comcast on the 6pm nightly news, they agreed to give her a full refund.

http://stopthecap.com/2014/06/19/comcast-bills-non-customer-29-a-month-for-13-years-of-cable-service-she-never-got-from-comcast/

Comcast... She should of noticed this sooner but she didn't. I would be pissed if this was me and i would want all my money back.

If this is the wrong section in this sorry.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

I would sue them, if I could, or just not pay. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I would sue them, if I could, or just not pay. :lol:

Then comcast would sue you until you prove you don't use their service.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Then I would sue everyone...

I would

OP, can you change the color of that text to the automatic color? :)

Then comcast would sue you until you prove you don't use their service.

Then what? The worse they could do to me is put me in prison where I get free food, education and the like. Oh no, such a punishment. :rolleyes:

Honestly though, they wouldn't scare me with their own lawsuit. The fact that I didn't ask for the services and never used them, and ever even had those services checked up on, would be more than enough to win the lawsuit. Unless the judge or whatever is paid off, then of course I'm screwed. lol

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

OP, can you change the color of that text to the automatic color? :)

how?

how?

Edit, highlight all the text, then go here and select 'automatic'.

1051c768b5d327a8d2a3699586488f22.png

Edit, highlight all the text, then go here and select 'automatic'.

1051c768b5d327a8d2a3699586488f22.png

thank you and i did it.

thank you and i did it.

Good man, the reason you were asked is because when someone is using the 'night theme' on this forum it causes certain text colours to be hard to read/invisible against the background.

When you copy/paste text, if you use Ctrl+Shift+V it will paste as plain text and won't carry it's custom colour with it, saving you having to do the 'automatic' text colour fix.

Then what? The worse they could do to me is put me in prison where I get free food, education and the like. Oh no, such a punishment. :rolleyes:

Honestly though, they wouldn't scare me with their own lawsuit. The fact that I didn't ask for the services and never used them, and ever even had those services checked up on, would be more than enough to win the lawsuit. Unless the judge or whatever is paid off, then of course I'm screwed. lol

Yea some company in the prison showers wouldn't hurt either, or would it.......

Good man, the reason you were asked is because when someone is using the 'night theme' on this forum it causes certain text colours to be hard to read/invisible against the background.

When you copy/paste text, if you use Ctrl+Shift+V it will paste as plain text and won't carry it's custom colour with it, saving you having to do the 'automatic' text colour fix.

I will start doing this from now on. Thank you

Federal 'pound me in the ass' prison

:lol:

Reminded me of Office Space

:lol:

Yea some company in the prison showers wouldn't hurt either, or would it.......

I'll just remember to be on people's good side...either way, comcast is paying for my living expenses in prison, so they screwed themselves over 4000$.

Comcast is the most capitalist company, glory to capitalism.

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

Man.. I fear being in my 80s. Imagine how different the world would be then, and I would just be a old tech enthusiast who still would be using a smartphone and a desktop.. while my grandkids laugh at me for being so old.

first, her accent is adorable

second, fuck comcast .-.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Messin with old ladies? Then you're messing with luke.

post-7478-0-83391000-1403414635_thumb.pn

Luke defender of adorable old ladies everywhere. 

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Comcast, that's rude. Let the old lady have her money back.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

While yes they were not providing her with anything it is still her fault for not noticing earlier.

Comcast owes her a little bit but not everything.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I think this is my fault... Years ago, I cancelled my Comcast subscription, but when I plugged things in I was still getting my Cable even though I wasn't paying. I figured nobody was being hurt, and had already tried once to let Comcast know that I was still getting service without paying for it, so I kept using it...

But more seriously, I don't see why this is Comcast's fault. It's not their business if you subscribe to their service and don't use it, as long as you keep paying. This is a pretty extreme case, but I'm sure there are lots of people all over the place who simply forgot to cancel a subscription they don't want anymore, and it's not a cause for a refund if you buy something you don't want.

Well, my dad recieved a bill from Orange saying that he had to pay 50 EUR.He couldn't even remember having a contract with Orange so he called them...

They said this :

"Oh,the bill is from 1995!"

Really...what the fuck!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.