Comcast Bills Non-Customer $29 a Month for 13 Years of Cable Service She Never Got from Comcast

geforceftw

Well, my dad recieved a bill from Orange saying that he had to pay 50 EUR.He couldn't even remember having a contract with Orange so he called them...

They said this :

"Oh,the bill is from 1995!"

Really...what the fuck!

was it adjusted for inflation?

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

was it adjusted for inflation?

Who cares?

It's long prescribed.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I think this is my fault... Years ago, I cancelled my Comcast subscription, but when I plugged things in I was still getting my Cable even though I wasn't paying. I figured nobody was being hurt, and had already tried once to let Comcast know that I was still getting service without paying for it, so I kept using it...

But more seriously, I don't see why this is Comcast's fault. It's not their business if you subscribe to their service and don't use it, as long as you keep paying. This is a pretty extreme case, but I'm sure there are lots of people all over the place who simply forgot to cancel a subscription they don't want anymore, and it's not a cause for a refund if you buy something you don't want.

Except that she wasn't a direct subscriber... Her Condo had an agreement with Comcast at some point BEFORE October 4th, 2000, to provide residents with Comcast Cable services. On October 4th, 2000, the entire Condo switched to a different provider. These Condo agreements are generally exclusive, as in, she couldn't get Comcast Service even if she had wanted to.

Plus, she's a freaking 80+ year old lady. Can you really expect to hold her to the same expectations as a young person in their prime who has full knowledge of current technology? She probably doesn't even fully understand what Cable is, aside from "The thing that gives me TV".

Yes, she SHOULD have noticed the discrepancy, but I don't blame her for not. It was definitely 100% Comcast's error for continuing to bill her illegally. When that Condo service agreement was signed on October 4th, 2000, that would explicitly have ended any prior contracts, service agreements, or services with Comcast.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Then what? The worse they could do to me is put me in prison where I get free food, education and the like. Oh no, such a punishment. :rolleyes:

Honestly though, they wouldn't scare me with their own lawsuit. The fact that I didn't ask for the services and never used them, and ever even had those services checked up on, would be more than enough to win the lawsuit. Unless the judge or whatever is paid off, then of course I'm screwed. lol

I don't know what education your gonna get in prison except dont drop the soap

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

I don't know what education your gonna get in prison except dont drop the soap

Something similar is learned outside of prison as well.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

That's bullshit Comcast. They were more than likely aware of that, and they continued to bill her. Even though she should have noticed a little sooner... But she's older, so I'll giver her a break.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It's incredibly sad that a consumer issue like this has to go through courts or the TV news to get compensation in the US. If that happened in Norway they'd give a refund immediately upon contact or risk the consumer protection bureau to get involved  (which doesn't require court action) and threaten fines and even shutting down their service.

USA needs a proper Consumer Protection Bureau, and probably needs it more than any other country, given the extreme anti-culture in companies.

And I'm not talking about the Better Business Bureau, a half-assed 'complaints box' at best, a public customer derision outlet at worst.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It's incredibly sad that a consumer issue like this has to go through courts or the TV news to get compensation in the US. If that happened in Norway they'd give a refund immediately upon contact or risk the consumer protection bureau to get involved  (which doesn't require court action) and threaten fines and even shutting down their service.

USA needs a proper Consumer Protection Bureau, and probably needs it more than any other country, given the extreme anti-culture in companies.

And I'm not talking about the Better Business Bureau, a half-assed 'complaints box' at best, a public customer derision outlet at worst.

amen B)

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG