Adobe Premiere CS6 Rendering with CPU not GPU

Ok so when I go to export the video from adobe permiere cs6 it is using 100% cpu. Shouldn't it be using the gpu? Please help!!!

Ok so when I go to export the video from adobe permiere cs6 it is using 100% cpu. Shouldn't it be using the gpu? Please help!!!

What is your GPU?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

No, the CPU is the primary used part, GPUs can assist with certain tasks, but 100% CPU useage is normal.

If we are dealing with a seperate issue such as low GPU load when Premiere is set to use CUDA for example, then that's different.

Gtx 770

If premiere is set to use CUDA, then it will do so but the amount of work the GPU will do is vastly dependent on the project and can be under 10%.

Your CPU useage will be at max when exporting in almost all situations.

There should be a setting to enable GPU acceleration in the render tools.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If premiere is set to use CUDA, then it will do so but the amount of work the GPU will do is vastly dependent on the project and can be under 10%.

Your CPU useage will be at max when exporting in almost all situations.

Yea it is set to cuda I believe I didn't expect cpu to be under 97-100% load with gpu accelaration

Yea it is set to cuda I believe I didn't expect cpu to be under 97-100% load with gpu accelaration

Have you done some test rendering with CUDA turned off? to see if you are actually getting any benefit at all?

If there is no change to the render time the might be something else a miss.

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2011/02/cuda-mercury-playback-engine-and-adobe-premiere-pro.html

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2011/02/red-yellow-and-green-render-bars.html

Those two links should help you out a lot as well :) 

Have you done some test rendering with CUDA turned off? to see if you are actually getting any benefit at all?

If there is no change to the render time the might be something else a miss.

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2011/02/cuda-mercury-playback-engine-and-adobe-premiere-pro.html

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2011/02/red-yellow-and-green-render-bars.html

Those two links should help you out a lot as well :)

Nope let me give that a try

Gtx 770

I do know, at least with older NVIDIA GTX 500 series and below, that in Sony Vegas Pro, mostly when rendering, that the GPU would take a good percentage of the load off the CPU (maybe about 75%) and so you would see the CPU load around 25-30% mostly when rendering. But now with the newer NVIDIA GPUs (from GTX 600 series and up) this exact situation has reversed with the CPU taking 75% of the load and the GPU just taking 30%. I don't know why this is but Video Editing software companies need to code their software to better utilise these newer GPUs because otherwise it seems pointless to buy a $300 - $500+ video card to have the video editing software of your choice only utilise just 20 - 40% of your GPUs power.

in your adobe cs6 directory you need to open cuda_supported_cards and add your gpu (GeForce GTX 770). then just start a new project with cuda accelerated mercury engine.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

in your adobe cs6 directory you need to open cuda_supported_cards and add your gpu (GeForce GTX 770). then just start a new project with cuda accelerated mercury engine.

His card, as seen in the link above, is already listed as supported. However it would probably still be a good idea for him to check anyway.

His card, as seen in the link above, is already listed as supported. However it would probably still be a good idea for him to check anyway.

Yea it wasn't in the list but I had already added it before posting this thread. My cpu utilization is somewhere between 93-99% when rendering in adobe premiere cs6.

Yea it wasn't in the list but I had already added it before posting this thread.

Hmm okay.

My cpu utilization is somewhere between 93-99% when rendering in adobe premiere cs6.

Yeah, I would think it would be less because it usually is the case that the GPU should take most of the load off the CPU.

Hmm okay.

Yeah, I would think it would be less because it usually is the case that the GPU should take most of the load off the CPU.

Yea I'm not sure what is going on