Help with stolen phone.

Andjelk0

Good day to you all!

So, my sister's phone got stolen yesterday. We tried calling the number but an automated message says that the phone is turned off. It's an android phone, Samsung galaxy s3 mini to be exact. Any advice on what to do would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Did you not have any tracking software on your phone...?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Notify the police and hope that somebody does the right thing and brings it back. This is why I have an app on my phone that right before it get's shut off or dies (doesn't protect from battery being ripped out) will log the GPS location and notify you. It also notifies me if somebody has 5 failed password attempts and take s a photo of the intruder. 

The app is called Lookout, I would advise getting it for your sisters next phone.

Did you not have any tracking software on your phone...?

I don't think so, no.

Notify the police and hope that somebody does the right thing and brings it back. This is why I have an app on my phone that right before it get's shut off or dies (doesn't protect from battery being ripped out) will log the GPS location and notify you. It also notifies me if somebody has 5 failed password attempts and take s a photo of the intruder. 

The app is called Lookout, I would advise getting it for your sisters next phone.

We did go to the PD but no luck there. She bought the phone on a subscription based payment, so the police will not track it down.

Thanks for the app recommendation, i will try it.

I don't think so, no.

Well its gone forever then.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Well its gone forever then.

Yeah that was my guess as well. One can only hope there's decent people out there.

Tell the carrier and they'll at least black list it. Otherwise it's gone.

I'll do that, thanks!

I don't think so, no.

Then it is gone. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

The NSA knows everything.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.