Ubisoft: DRM Can't Stop Piracy

TwistedDictator

Then why the hell are they loading Uplay with it?

It's still a platform to sell the game, but the Witcher 3 will be available DRM free as well.

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

I bought FC3 Blood Dragon from steam, never again, getting the pirated version just so I don't have to deal with u-shit

I'll believe them when they remove DRM from their games. 

Source: http://www.gamefront.com/ubisoft-done-punishing-players-with-drm/

Ubisoft’s Vice President of Digital Publishing Chris Early has said that the company doesn't want to hurt players with DRM that any “pirate can get around.”

“I don’t want us in a position where we’re punishing a paying player for what a pirate can get around,” he said. “Anything is going to be able to be pirated given enough time and enough effort to get in there. So the question becomes, what do we create as services, or as benefits, and the quality of the game, that will just have people want to pay for it?”

I hope they will actually do something about this, and let me play Far Cry 3 without uplay now, but it's Ubisoft so i'm not very optimistic

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

I always pirate Uplay games! I can never play them because I have to update 3 times, crash update 3 more times and not be able to do any multipayer.  I learned my lesson, only got 2 games on there from free Nvidia things. 

please remove uplay from all your games.

step 2 is to actually make an effort to develop your pc ports.

until they do those 2 things, i won't buy any of their games

Praise Duarte!

Well, nobody complains about Steam.

Steam was first.

Steam runs when I tell it to.

Steam has 210 of my games while uPlay has 3.

Steam accepts my credit cards (Origin hates them too for some reason)

Steam is by a company that isn't quite as stupid as Ubisoft has been. If they are, they're better at hiding it.

But I wouldn't mind everybody going the way of Good Old Games and giving me an exe I can install wherever and whenever I want, but if I have to use a DRM service I would rather it be Steam at this point. Having to load Steam, load a Ubisoft game and then log into uPlay is just weird.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Ubisoft's guide to being a f***g genious

1. Piss a good bit of your audience off

2. Remove DRM

3. Wonder where the money went 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Looking at the posts, removing UPlay or making it an optional feature, really would be a great start. :lol:  Glad they realize that their silly features aren't stop people from pirating the game.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |