asus x79 deluxe vs rampage iv black edition

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

rampage 4 black edition

because its the best motherboard in existence

it also has a ton of enthusiast overclocking features and looks sexy too :)

Which one is better and why? Which one would you rather have which one has some specs the other one doesent.

rampage 4 black edition

because its the best motherboard in existence

it also has a ton of enthusiast overclocking features and looks sexy too :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I feel more inclined towards the Asus Deluxe X79, The black rampage has many features that I don't see useful, it's costly and doesn't offer much value.

The Deluxe X79 is packed, and costs almost $100 less.

For the regular user that wants to go X79, I think a Gigabyte X79 UP4 is more than enough, it's a good board and it works. But some of the features of the X79 Deluxe are nice and some people may actually use them.

Which one is better and why? Which one would you rather have which one has some specs the other one doesent.

Why are you not waiting for Haswell E? You're so close.. hold out a little longer.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Why are you not waiting for Haswell E? You're so close.. hold out a little longer.

This^ I'm personally waiting for haswell e so that I can get my hands on the 5960x.

Yay first post even though I've been following linus for about 6 years now.

I got the x79 deluxe it is a really nice board and I have been nothing but pleased with it.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

If got the asus iv rampage black edition and can vouch for it.  Its the best board i have ever used or seen.  But its does come with a pretty hefty price tag.  Really comes down to budget and what your planning on using the computer for.  I would only recommend the RIVBE if you plan on doing lots of ocing and planning on using all of the feature.  Or just have a limitless budget and want the best ;)