Cannot set a 1080p display

I have encountered a problem were i cannot make a 1080p display (1920x1080) if i set a resolution of 1080p it looks terrible i can see the pixels, all the icons are out of screen, my monitor Samsung syncmaster P2270HD

CPU: i7 4790

GPU: GTX770 directcu2

RAM: Crucial ballistix 16gb(8x2)

HDD: 1TB seagate barracuda

SSD: Samsung evo 840, 120gb

My pc is still fresh i got it like 2days ago installed all the drivers for GPU and motherboard, scanned and installed all of the other missing drivers, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate

If anyone had the same issue and found a fix please let me know :)

It's a 27" monitor with a 1080p screen...

That pixel density is terrible.

what kind of cable are you using to connect your gpu to your monitor.

Your syncmaster is a TV monitor hybrid. They are nice if you want a little of both, but they're not great at either one. It sounds to me like your video drivers are either out of date, or you need to mess with the underscan/overscan on the syncmaster.

I'm not an audiophile, I'm just really picky about my music... and my headphones... and my speakers... and my microphone. Other than that, I'm totally not an audiophile.

it's a hdmi cable  well i am gonna switch to a benq 144hz anyway in 3-4weeks just wondering if it's my drivers fault or my monitor's

Can you take a picture?

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Your syncmaster is a TV monitor hybrid. They are nice if you want a little of both, but they're not great at either one. It sounds to me like your video drivers are either out of date, or you need to mess with the underscan/overscan on the syncmaster.

Well i don't know anything about monitors just how to set them up, this monitor is about 3years old

So it's not the driver's fault. It's your fault for buying the wrong monitor.

That's a terrible reply... LOL...

Yes the density on a 27" with 1080P is not great, but this sounds like drivers, and NOT the fault of him buying a bad monitor.

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

If i take a picture everything looks fine 

But you said "all the icons are out of screen".

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

So it's not the driver's fault. It's your fault for buying the wrong monitor.

Why is that the fault of the monitor -______-

27'' at 1080p looks fine, I have a 27'1080p panel myself.

You want to go to the Nvidia control panel and check if it's running at 60 hertz and use the scaling option to make everything fit.

1080p looks horrible on a 27" screen, for 1080p I recommend getting a 23" screen. Also depends on the distance you are from the screen.

Anyway, sounds like you have "Overscan" enabled, go to the menu on the monitor and see if you can find that and turn it off. I had the same issue with one of my LG monitors.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Yes, I just quoted myself.

Update your video drivers here:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/75991/en-us

Then, follow this link and go to page 40 to learn about fitting the image to the screen:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200907/20090707111323906/BN59-00910C-01Eng.pdf

You're welcome, I'm going back to work now.

I'm not an audiophile, I'm just really picky about my music... and my headphones... and my speakers... and my microphone. Other than that, I'm totally not an audiophile.

Tried switching the size to screen fit that option is blank i cannot select it, i can only select 16:9 or 4:3

Tried switching the size to screen fit that option is blank i cannot select it, i can only select 16:9 or 4:3

Use the VGA connection, you're probably using an HDMI cable am I correct? if you don't have a VGA cable try DVI. Those inputs are made to scale from a PC, where I do not believe the HDMI port is.