Need some help with AIRFLOW

cedzo

Need some help with AIRFLOW

Hello I'm recently working with a private build my

Imac as I'm tired and want to go back to windows for gaming,

I'm almost done with all my parts but have some questions regarding my airflow

I'm using the CooleMaster Strom Enforcer.

below a picture with my layout for the airflow, hopefully you guys can give me some advice?

after a lot of movies to watch, I have to be concluded that Corsair quality delivered. LINUS Thanks for the nice review!

http://i.imgur.com/TeTdV.png

I know not indeed whether H80i in this case fits

(I have already bought the case) if not I'll buy a case from Corsair. I hope you can give me some advice!

Greetings,

CedZO

Sorry for the bad English, I'm Dutch!

Question: Would this airflow setup work?!

pleas comment!

Would love to help you, but I can't seem to view the picture. Please link with imgur or reupload the picture.

Would love to help you' date=' but I can't seem to view the picture. Please link with imgur or reupload the picture. [/quote']

FAIL, sorry it wil be FIXED

Can't see the attached pic. You might want to use an external pic hosting service.

Looks like a nice case, no major cons, except maybe the lack of space on the back, but it seems it's possible to install a h80, and the h80i rad is the same dimensions. Pic related :

XehAph.jpg

For the airflow, as long as you have enough clearance in your case and intake/outake fan(s), it shouldn't be problematic, especially with latest generation cpu/gpu.

If you want to actually optimize the airflow, well then it depends on what your goals are. Here is a nice article about the thing : http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...nk,3058-5.html

But to summarize...

Negative pressure optimized airflow :

- highest performance

- recommanded for blower design gpu coolers

- more dust

Positive pressure optimized airflow :

- average performance

- recommanded for open design gpu coolers

​- less dust

it might also be interresting to mention the parts you're getting.

EDIT :

Ok, got your pic.

First of, parallel fans must blow in the same direction. Fans facing each other is the opposite of "airflow" ^^. Then, that's not how a PSU works, it uses an intake fan.

Here is the typical fan setup in a case :

rVoEE.jpg

Can't see the attached pic. You might want to use an external pic hosting service. Looks like a nice case' date=' no major cons, except maybe the lack of space on the back, but it seems it's possible to install a h80, and the h80i rad is the same dimensions. Pic related : [img']http://i.imgur.com/XehAph.jpg For the airflow, as long as you have enough clearance in your case and intake/outake fan(s), it shouldn't be problematic, especially with latest generation cpu/gpu. If you want to actually optimize the airflow, well then it depends on what your goals are. Here is a nice article about the thing : http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...nk,3058-5.html But to summarize... Negative pressure optimized airflow : - highest performance - recommanded for blower design gpu coolers - more dust Positive pressure optimized airflow : - average performance - recommanded for open design gpu coolers ​- less dust it might also be interresting to mention the parts you're getting. EDIT : Ok, got your pic. First of, parallel fans must blow in the same direction. Fans facing each other is the opposite of "airflow" ^^. Then, that's not how a PSU works, it uses an intake fan. Here is the typical fan setup in a case : rVoEE.jpg

thanks for this nice comment, but it is smart to use as your corsair H80i

outtake fan? since that hot air, and then cools the radiator is not good? or does it not matter much?

Using the H80i as an exhaust instead of intake might result in a CPU that is a 1 or 2 degrees celcius warmer if you've got hot running parts in your system, but if you've got adequate airflow in your system, then it might make no difference in temperature at all if you use intake or exhaust. For most situations exhaust is preferred over intake as it is better for overall system cooling and usually quieter.

If you want a positive pressure scenario (for less dust) in your case I would use the top and front fans as intake, and the H80i as exhaust.

If you want negative pressure (for more cooling, but more dust) then you should use the front fan for intake, and the top fan and H80i as exhaust.

Hope this helps.

what all is in the opical bays? think about adding a fan into the optical bay area.

the slot covers are mesh, so you now have a filter to draw air into the case.

airdeano

Here's my suggestion:

I would also recommend this setup, however if you don't have dust filters for all your intakes positive pressure won't matter for dust prevention. But a down side to filters is that they restrict a lot of the airflow and although it may seem like you are maintaining positive pressure, the restricted airflow may result in a negative pressure scenario.

Tbf your idea seems fine to me, id suggest paying the bit extra getting a h100i and have that pushing air out the case. if not just installing the the h80i pushing air out and the intake fans at the front and top. But im a big fan of positive air pressure.

Getting air out tends to be better than putting air in. I'd wager you'd see better temps in general with the top and rear being exhaust than either one being an intake.

Here's the image for anyone that's having issues viewing it:

TeTdV.png

This graphix is wrong.. PSU's always have a INTAKE fan.. the OTTAKE is at the mesh on the back

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

Here's my suggestion:
stupid since hot air raises.. pushing cold air on it would decrease cooling performence..

Front : Intake

Back: intake

Top.Exhaust

PSU: should be clear

getting positive air presure will help to reduce dust inside your system

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

Here's the image for anyone that's having issues viewing it:

TeTdV.png

Never said it was correct mate, all I did was repost the image since a few people were having trouble viewing it.

Here's my suggestion:
First of all, calling my advice stupid is incredibly ignorant and also rude. Secondly, I'm going to say that based upon your grammar skills you should not be labelling other people's advice in any way.

And finally, if you had read my post above you would see why I made my recommendation. Just because hot air rises does not make your solution valid. Hot air will rise, but the amount of pressure rising hot air exerts is miniscule compared to the pressure of a fan. Also, blowing cold intake air from the front and hot air from the rad into the case is not ever going to be as effective as two cold air intakes to keep the whole case cool. Additionally, your suggestion to use the rad as an intake requires you to remove the rad to clean it, which is a bother, and can actually strip the threads from the radiator's mounting points.

So how about instead of calling other people's ideas stupid, you read and learn some things, and then present your counter argument in a more polite manner.

Good day to you sir.

Id personally use a different case. I was thinking about that case until I started doing more research and found better cases with more room for not much more or around the same price. Though with that said the case is fine. Air flow: Intake in the front. The back and top should be taking air out of the case. Then of course the power supply is taking air out of the power supply and case. MAJOR AIR FLOW ISSUE: Make sure ur cables are not getting in the way of your air flow. There should be enough room behind motherboard on that side for some cable management. Other cases can have more air flow and better cable management but this case will work fine.