Hypothetically Speaking best cooling options

So i understand putting two fans on a big radiator is what the 'meta' is for watercooling but what if you took the radiator out of the case and placed it in a modified freezer or refrigerator to cool it. Take it out when ur not using ur pc or turn it off so it doesnt freeze the water but when ur overclocking wouldnt if u freeze the radiator it would be way cooler? or has someone done this already :rolleyes:  

The problem is condensation which is why nobody does this as they don't want water dripping onto everything which is why they made phase change cooling (how fridges, freezers, and A/C work) for computers.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Linus HAS had a build with an integrated chiller but he stopped using it. I don't know why.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

The problem is condensation which is why nobody does this as they don't want water dripping onto everything which is why they made phase change cooling.

Out of case, not inside the case like a case beside it or a sealed chamber inside the case or something like that

It's called Phase-change cooling

hm thats awesome haha

Linus HAS had a build with an integrated chiller but he stopped using it. I don't know why.

any link to it?

Out of case, not inside the case like a case beside it or a sealed chamber inside the case or something like that

hm thats awesome haha

any link to it?

No, but I know this because in his office tour in his closet he mentioned having equipment for his chiller computer cooling system

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

vapor chambers and phase change cooling is the absolute bleeding edge of cooling tech available to us. You can use refrigeration, LN2, Liquid Helium based cooling... but it will not be hassle free or last long enough to justify the performance gain to constant need to refill the tank ratio.

the problem with running below room temp cooling is you have to insulate your mobo from condensation. youll need some liquid electrical tape, clay, fancy eraser or vasiline to do that, any of that can be messy or look horrid. plus the cost of running a freezer, jeez. oh and you'll have to put that mobo in the dish washer if you want to use it again after youve had your fun. getting that vasiline off, lol, soap and water

yep

freeze

So i understand putting two fans on a big radiator is what the 'meta' is for watercooling but what if you took the radiator out of the case and placed it in a modified freezer or refrigerator to cool it. Take it out when ur not using ur pc or turn it off so it doesnt freeze the water but when ur overclocking wouldnt if u freeze the radiator it would be way cooler? or has someone done this already :rolleyes:

He best way to get the coldest possible temps without liquid nitrogen is peltier cooling, which when done right is amazing. However it is pretty hard to set up. Besides peltier cooling would be easier than a fridge to set up (still hard though) and get better temps.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s