GTA V Updated Graphics Comparison [Video]

Lukiose

Let's be honest here, many people were disappointed by the GTA V release since it definitely should have looked better than with crappy low-res textures and lack of high quality shaders

The video comparison is done between PS4 and PS3.

As we all know PC >>>>>>> PS4 > PS3 so i guess the PC release will look absolutely beast  ;)  Improved draw distance, higher res textures, shaders, more environmental objects etc. Oh, and at higher framerates, duh.

Still would not pre-order until i see that they have made a nice proper port for PC though. 

The water looks amazing. 

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I'm more than likely going to get the PC version. It'll be fun with a 360pad and lots of mod fixes for shooting and graphics.

Waiting for performance reports though, hopefully we'll have a Max Payne 3 port and not a GTA IV one.

Ok... um, that actually looks fantastic.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

It looks great but the whole story of GTA just doesn't appeal to me. I don't like playing the "bad guy" in games. Still, beautiful game though.

I should be studying.

Let's be honest here, many people were disappointed by the GTA V release since it definitely should have looked better than with crappy low-res textures and lack of high quality shaders

The video comparison is done between PS4 and PS3.

As we all know PC >>>>>>> PS4 > PS3 so i guess the PC release will look absolutely beast  ;)  Improved draw distance, higher res textures, shaders, more environmental objects etc. Oh, and at higher framerates, duh.

Still would not pre-order until i see that they have made a nice proper port for PC though. 

Hehe just don't get ya hopes up too high :P

Even if the assets are the same as ps4/X1, there will be options for high res, AA and frame rates settings like you said, to make the game look that much better.

It looks great but the whole story of GTA just doesn't appeal to me. I don't like playing the "bad guy" in games. Still, beautiful game though.

It's about the free roaming with your buddies!

Did Rockstar actually say that the new trailer was recorded off a PS4? Since they said it is coming out on a PC at the same time as they said it would come out on a PS4, it's possible this is PC footage.

Regardless of where the footage came from, it looks amazing! Can't wait for it on a PC.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Ok, maybe I have to take back some of my comments. It looks like Rockstar has put some serious effort into porting this. This has to be the largest difference between ports that I've seen. Right direction, Rockstar. Thumbs up so far. I have to wait for reviews though. I'm not going to buy this until I'm sure the controls for PC will be good, and I really want to know about any fps caps and performance issues. Keep this up and I might just buy on release, full price.

It's about the free roaming with your buddies!

My friends don't play on PC  :(

I should be studying.

Oh my God, that's what a PS4 can do?!  In comparison to the PS3, you can really see how much of an improvement the PS4 is. :o

Good thing I didn't get GTA V. Now I get get a PS4 and GTA V without feeling like an idiot. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

My excitement level just hit the roof

Genuinely excited to pick this up, it looks genuinely impressive

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Still not sure whether to use keyboard and mouse which is better for shooting OR Xbox 360 gamepad where car controls are better. 

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Bad guy =/= Antihero

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

I'm not gonna say it looks like it's running a 2.4fps on the PS4 but.....

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I'm more than likely going to get the PC version. It'll be fun with a 360pad and lots of mod fixes for shooting and graphics.

Waiting for performance reports though, hopefully we'll have a Max Payne 3 port and not a GTA IV one.

It looks really good, which makes me suspicious.

I mean they changed the grass from an extruded plane to actual individual strands of grass, they added higher resolution reflection maps and textures, and increased LOD.

It'd be so cruel if they purposefully limited the PC to the PS3 settings in order to promote sales of PS4.

@Hazy125, I was pretty sure that the videos were slowed down in order to more easily spot the difference in graphical level, because that looked more like 5fps for a majority of the samples, doubt that that's the speed it's running at.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Where are the heists? Its been almost a year.

Seems like they were focusing on the issues with the old-gen multiplayer, and now with developing the next-gen ports. I'll say a great next-gen/PC port is more interesting than heists.

I'm not gonna say it looks like it's running a 2.4fps on the PS4 but.....

I think they slowed it down on purpose.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Why is everyone assuming its a port? is there anywhere that says that the xbox 360 version wasnt a pc port?

I hope retailers do upgrade offers, trade in your ps3/360 version and get the next gen ones cheaper!

@Hazy125, I was pretty sure that the videos were slowed down in order to more easily spot the difference in graphical level, 

really because.....

I think they slowed it down on purpose.

ding ding ding we have a winner!

tumblr_mfxoz5jyyp1r0p18uo1_500.gif

BULLS***T

its been slowd down because the ps4 was running it at 20fps and by slowing both down it hides it. seriously rockstar if you pull a watchdogs it will be a really sad day for gameing as you were one of the few good devs left 

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017