Fixing a PC no boot, no beep.

zeros

Hi guys, I'm trying to fix a PC, or at-least to find the problem so I can tell the owner what to change.

So the problem is that it doesn't boot, and it doesn't beep either. 

It's a weird motherboard too, Biostar NF61V Micro AM2.

Already tried (not in this particular order)

-Clear CMOS.

-Unplug everything, including DVD-ROM, front audio, RAM, HDD, battery.

-The screen is always black, so I tried a PCIex GPU VGA and DVI too, the PC uses on board graphics.

-Tried different RAM slot.

-Tried different RAM, in both of the slots.

-Tried booting the drive on a different PC, it started but blue screen right before loading windows.

-Tried to see if I can access the data on the HDD, it works. Including the C partition.

-Tried different beeper to check if that will beep when no RAM is in it.

I would try a different PSU, but currently I only have the one that is in my PC, and I have it strapped on the case, don't really want to take it apart.

So does this mean that the mo-bo is dead? Should I try something else with the CPU too? Or should I just check the PSU? The PC turns on, fans move, DVD-drive is working, hard drive is spinning. It's kind of hard to say what it has, other than the Mo-Bo being dead. But before I get to this conclusion any other suggestions? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

I'd say either the Motherboard or the PSU....

First try with another PSU, if doesn't work check the motherboard and the CPU

My english isn't perfect :D sorry

Could be CPU or PSU, if those doesn't work it might need a reflow of the on-board graphics chip. 

http://youtu.be/LIaZ8I7TxDM

You can use a heat gun, i know in the video its a laptop but desktops also have similar chips on the motherboard.It's a temporary fix not a long term.

"You are who you choose to be.....Choose"

See my Profile for my 

No posting or booting but the pc has been functioning previously for some time... I'd put money on it's the power supply.

Give this method a try:

Good luck :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

this has happend to me twice now on cheap motherboards, (no post) no screen comes up, no beeps nothing at all, ive had to replace the motherboards and everything started to work properly again.

Thanks.

Could be CPU or PSU, if those doesn't work it might need a reflow of the on-board graphics chip. 

http://youtu.be/LIaZ8I7TxDM

You can use a heat gun, i know in the video its a laptop but desktops also have similar chips on the motherboard.It's a temporary fix not a long term.

First try with another PSU, if doesn't work check the motherboard and the CPU

I'm trying it with my own PSU now, will see what happens.

No posting or booting but the pc has been functioning previously for some time... I'd put money on it's the power supply.

Give this method a try:

Good luck :)

I don't have to do that test, I said it in the first post that it turns on but no post/no beeps. :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Have you tried turning on the PSU?

CPU: i5 4670K w/ NH-D15 - RAM: 4x4GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3 - GPU: MSI GTX 970 100ME - SSD: 250GB 850 EVO - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (games) & 2TB (storage) - MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 GAMING - Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Window - Fans:  A lot of Noctua NF-F12 (intake, exhaust) & 1x140mm Fractal Design included case fan - Monitor: DELL U2515H - Keyboard: Custom Logitech G105 - Mouse: Roccat Kova+ - Extra: LG Optical Drive, a lot of dust

Ok like everyone said odds are it your PSU not giving enough power to the Motherboard. Test that before saying for sure, but I had a simmalr problem where there was no beep turned out to be a bad RAM slot. But like most the PSU will see when you get back after testing. If the PSU works then my best next guess is the Motherboard.

Good Luck with your testing

Yeeeah, seems that I'm unable to unplug my 24pin, will wait until neighbor gets home and take his pc. Buwhahaha xD. (not joking, lol)

My first try was the RAM, with my own rams, in both of the RAM slots. The PC has just one 512mb in it.

Okay, so my neighbor finally got home, I took his PC and used his PSU. Still the same, seems to be the motherboard. Even though the fan headers work. Weird thing it has a jumper for the RAM.<br />And I'm not willing to test the CPU, currently I'm out of thermal paste. But it can't be that, the PC worked before for quite a long time. Anyways, I'll give it back tell them that it's the Mo-Bo, it's not worth paying more than 50-70$ if they can repair it/change it in the store. I can build a basic PC like this for less than 120$.

I once had this problem. It turned out to be a stuck/shorted reset switch. When you unplugged everything, did you unplug the front panel connections?

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

It does sound PSU related..I wonder if there is some crud (fav tecno word) built up on your  MB 24 pin connector..? or the 4 pin ..also ..toothpaste will work for a short time as a thermal alternative .. 

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..