GOG DRM Free Summer Sale now on! Up to 90% off!

Askew

I wanted some of those Unreal games but not 80% off when you buy them separate.  I need multiple copies of certain ones and not all four games they are offering. :S  Oh well GOG nice try but once again like most times you don't get my money. GMG, GamersGate, Humble Bundle, Steam  > GOG at one time or another and most of the time.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

You people do realize steam is not a drm right?

It is DRM :P

Steam is an internet-based digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer, and social networking platform developed by Valve Corporation. 

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

It is DRM :P

DRM when most people talk about it means Digitally Restricted Media which is when your content is being kept from you by digital means. An example of this is how SimCity required you be online in order to play. That's not how Steam works, Steam requires you to be online to use it's online functionalities which would always require an internet connection in the first place. Such as purchasing games and getting updates. Steam is a marketplace this is also used to help store all your games in one place so you don't have to find the games directory every time or have a thousand shortcuts. This also helps PC Gaming grow as non tech savvy/ lazy people don't want to find the launcher every single time they want to play their game. You also can still install games that you purchased physically on Steam without being online as well as play every one of your games. I have 107 and I have never been told I can't even in offline mode.

The only time I've ever been restricted was by Origin, that is a DRM a device specifically designed to block you from your content unless you comply with them.

EDIT: Also Digital rights management isn't even a bad thing.

DRM when most people talk about it means Digitally Restricted Media which is when your content is being kept from you by digital means. An example of this is how SimCity required you be online in order to play. That's not how Steam works, Steam requires you to be online to use it's online functionalities which would always require an internet connection in the first place. Such as purchasing games and getting updates. Steam is a marketplace this is also used to help store all your games in one place so you don't have to find the games directory every time or have a thousand shortcuts. This also helps PC Gaming grow as non tech savvy/ lazy people don't want to find the launcher every single time they want to play their game. You also can still install games that you purchased physically on Steam without being online as well as play every one of your games. I have 107 and I have never been told I can't even in offline mode.

The only time I've ever been restricted was by Origin, that is a DRM a device specifically designed to block you from your content unless you comply with them.

EDIT: Also Digital rights management isn't even a bad thing.

steam does require online just not constant/every 24 hour checkup. Once set into offline mode you have 2 weeks until you have to revalidate, so yes, its drm

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

steam does require online just not constant/every 24 hour checkup. Once set into offline mode you have 2 weeks until you have to revalidate, so yes, its drm

I've never had that issue, I can log in offline as long as I want. I know this because when I stay at my Moms sometimes she has no internet and I am fully capable of playing for a month or two without any validation required.

I've never had that issue, I can log in offline as long as I want. I know this because when I stay at my Moms sometimes she has no internet and I am fully capable of playing for a month or two without any validation required.

Alright which is it? Snickerzz it doesn't sound like your account is from personal experience, where as gingerbread's kinda does. :wacko:

Alright which is it? Snickerzz it doesn't sound like your account is from personal experience, where as gingerbread's kinda does. :wacko:

my acct wasn't from personal experience, i just knew steam lets be in offline mode for a long time but has you revalidate eventually, how long that was i googled, because ive never been without internet more than a day

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

my acct wasn't from personal experience, i just knew steam lets be in offline mode for a long time but has you revalidate eventually, how long that was i googled, because ive never been without internet more than a day

I don't know then it's never happened to me before I can tell you that much.