Building a new computer, Need advice

Ive got about $1100 max that im capable of spending, not including peripherals. I'd like an SSD, hard drive, in an ITX form factor. I play league of legends and guild wars, but would probably play more intensive things if i had the ability (think modded skyrim/ mass effect). I have a build i was thinking of, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FD66qs dont mind the incompatibilities, i'd sort those out. If you guys have any advice or suggestions, or would rather build me a whole new computer id be totally okay with that, as long as you can explain why so i learn something! I appreciate it! Thanks a bunch. 

That's a solid build only thing I would change is to get a 600 watt corsair power supply

You could save some money by getting a lower watt PSU.

^ agreed. You wont need more than 600 watts for an mITX form factor. (Unless you're making something with a ton of drives)

Ive got about $1100 max that im capable of spending, not including peripherals. I'd like an SSD, hard drive, in an ITX form factor. I play league of legends and guild wars, but would probably play more intensive things if i had the ability (think modded skyrim/ mass effect). I have a build i was thinking of, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FD66qs dont mind the incompatibilities, i'd sort those out. If you guys have any advice or suggestions, or would rather build me a whole new computer id be totally okay with that, as long as you can explain why so i learn something! I appreciate it! Thanks a bunch. 

Soo your CPU is a k-variant, meaning that it is overclockable :D (Aw yea) But your motherboard won't support this since it has an H81 chipset. (H chipsets are dedicated for non-k mainstream CPUs) You'll want to grab a Z87 chipset motherboard if you're gonna keep that 4670K.

Sooo if you aren't planning on overclocking, I'd say just get a normal 4670 with that H81 board. But what's the fun in that? :3

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.

You have a K series processor with a non-overclockable motherboard...

i think its great, other an having a k cpu on a non overclocking board, as well as that weird red,gold,and orange color scheme, but to each their own.

Diamond 5 in League :)

You could save some money by getting a lower watt PSU.

It also doesn't even fit.  :mellow:

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

-snip

It also doesn't even fit.  :mellow:

^ This is true. I have a prodigy myself and I absolutely recommend a PSU that is 160mm deep. This is the one I personally use on my main rig.

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

thanks guys! yeah i didnt spend a ton of time on it but thats a great point about the K processor on the non K board. This was mostly to see the price, none of the parts are really set in stone! i appreciate it all though: and yeah obviously the power supply is changing haha

thanks guys! yeah i didnt spend a ton of time on it but thats a great point about the K processor on the non K board. This was mostly to see the price, none of the parts are really set in stone! i appreciate it all though: and yeah obviously the power supply is changing haha

No problem man! Just make sure you go slowly making sure everything will work together well and with the features that you want. That's one of the most fun parts of building, in my opinion.

Maybe something like this?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($233.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z87E-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: PNY Optima 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 290 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($351.30 @ Newegg) 
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Orange) Mini ITX Tower Case  ($81.51 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: Inwin 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $1098.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-13 02:07 EDT-0400

Edit: My issue is since I never worked with an ITX case before, I don't know what will happen when you have to remove the drive cage(s) to fit the GPU. Will there be enough to store the HDD and SSD? Also, I think Inwin's a decent PSU maker, otherwise, go with something like Corsair or EVGA.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Man skyrim is a game crated in 2011....

You don't need a gtx 770   to play it ultra settings.........

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PGvbCJ

Got a 290 and a 500W 80+B PSU. The CPU can be overclocked on that board: http://www.asus.com/News/jLaOehAeS7oh3NYi

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Man skyrim is a game crated in 2011....

You don't need a gtx 770   to play it ultra settings.........

Methinks he's going to try and mod it to cray visual levelz. Like the ENB mods?

663989-1344930064.jpg