New Rainbow Six after 6 year Hiatus annouced at the end of Ubisoft's E3 spot

Askew

So the Ubisoft E3 spot just ended, and after Far Cry 4, The Division, the expected new ASCRED game that looks the same as the others, a 2D game about WW1, a ridiculous Kinect fitness 'game' demo and some blurb from a very excited black lady the CEO came on and randomly announced a new Rainbow Six, followed by one of the best trailers I've seen this E3.

Granted you'll be lucky to play with people role playing as well as the trailer crew did, but it would be fucking cool if you could and the breaching mechanic working through both walls and ceilings is pretty sweet, you get set up and camped out in a room to ambush the CT squad and the roof drops in on you and you're suddenly overcome in seconds.

I was surprised and happy to see this, the trailer was good and I have some very fond memories of playing Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear/Black Thorn on my PC as a kid, some excellent games from an era when Ubisoft had a hand in some top PC titles that were in no way dumbed down and quite hardcore.

Hopefully this is less Vegas and more Rogue Spear.

So cool! Cant wait!!!!!!!! AHH, I wonder if this what was Patriots was going to be or something completely different???

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

So cool! Cant wait!!!!!!!! AHH, I wonder if this what was Patriots was going to be or something completely different???

I think it is Patriots just renamed for some reason.

The "chat" was VERY obviously scripted and the hole thing felt scripted and idealized as well, but it still looks awesome. The destruction element is great and it all looks cool, but let's never ever forget Watch Dogs. I hope it has a good single player element with good AI as well, if it's just MP then I will be much less interested.

Patriots was canceled and scrapped according to Ubi. It went through problems and they couldn't figure out how to make it work.

The "chat" was VERY obviously scripted and the hole thing felt scripted and idealized as well, but it still looks awesome. The destruction element is great and it all looks cool, but let's never ever forget Watch Dogs. I hope it has a good single player element with good AI as well, if it's just MP then I will be much less interested.

Yes I agree, as I said in my OP you'll be lucky to play with people who role play as well as the trailer crew because obviously that was rehearsed and to a script, maybe even overdubbed/edited IDK, but it could be done, if you wanted to get a group to play together and role play as a squad in the VOIP it could happen like that.

I'd be down.

Yes I agree, as I said in my OP you'll be lucky to play with people who role play as well as the trailer crew because obviously that was rehearsed and to a script, maybe even overdubbed/edited IDK, but it could be done, if you wanted to get a group to play together and role play as a squad in the VOIP it could happen like that.

I'd be down.

Yeah, I can even find some hardcore/realism servers in COD even... lol... There will always be a group that will want to add a realism feel to it and this game will be amazing for it.

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

yup this game will be purchased on PS4 reasons Uplay 

This game will be played on PC reasons KB/M. :D

Want this so bad. It should be so much fun with 4  friends(not scripted ones). "Death from above" made me laugh.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

The "chat" was VERY obviously scripted and the hole thing felt scripted and idealized as well, but it still looks awesome. The destruction element is great and it all looks cool, but let's never ever forget Watch Dogs.

It felt too scripted also the guy shouting fuck and shit when one of his team mates sounds 12 it just feels so forced. Plus its fairly obviously forced when a stormtrooper has better accuracy than a player.

And I won't forget the bait and switch that was Watch Dogs. No preorder for me

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

It felt too scripted also the guy shouting fuck and shit when one of his team mates sounds 12 it just feels so forced. Plus its fairly obviously forced when a stormtrooper has better accuracy than a player.

And I won't forget the bait and switch that was Watch Dogs. No preorder for me

Oh I never said I was going to preorder it! That's not part of this deal at all. :D

ubisoft are the best, this will be hopefully more tactical in coop thought :P

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Oh I never said I was going to preorder it! That's not part of this deal at all. :D

I'm just going to buy a cd key on the cheap. Ubisoft have to earn my trust again until then they won't get full price for any game.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

if you can play it watch dogs PC release tends to say Uplay can't sign in 

You mean the problem they solved for most people not long after it appeared? There are things to complain about with Watch Dogs, quite a few in fact, but UPlay not one of them.

Patriots was canceled and scrapped according to Ubi. It went through problems and they couldn't figure out how to make it work.

Also, Patriots was supposed to be really controversial-feeling and making you feel the struggles everyone, specifically soldiers in this case and maybe even terrorists, militiamen, and law enforcement, has to face when it comes to killing, sparing, or dealing with whatever situation and the consequences from those choices. Patriots gave you the choice to kill civilians and law enforcement and probably spare enemies for the good of the world, plan, etc. Siege seems more in line with the older games like Ghost Recon where they were about tactical combat and whatever story involved that wasn't too controversial. That being said, I never played any of the Rainbow 6 games nor have I played Ghost Recon - I have watched them before, though -, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Who fucking cares? It's Ubisoft E3 footage, do I really need to go find a Watchdogs E3 vs Reality comparison shot? No, you've seen them. It's the same fucking scam only for voice, lag free play and crap players when in reality you'll get a much shittier looking game, probably dropping a lot of the cool "penetration" features, virtually no fucking players on voice chat and people just killing you much faster than this "shh! quiet! lets sloooowly walk down the stairs" yeah right, you're fucking dreaming if you think you'll ever find people who play like that online in reality people would be camping the fucking stairs and shoot your ass 60ms after you peak to take a look.

It will be a run of the mill, not that much better looking Counter Strike clone.

-------

Current Rig

-------

MP game play looked awesome but man the graphics on the game need to be better.  

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Rainbow Six: Vegas was probably my favorite shooter of all time next to CoD4 (and Halo:CE I guess since RSV had fun singleplayer).

If this lives up to that expectation with solid multiplayer, I'd buy it. 

Awesome i played ranbow six vegas 2 for like 3 years straight been waiting for a new one for sooo long.