Ask About a Product

xrex64

Here's how this thread works:

1. You post various products you use on a daily/weekly/monthly basis (You can make a list if you want).

2. Ask questions about products you are interested in and get ideas of whether you like it or not. 

If the thread gets big enough, people should be able to search for a product and get a review of it, and if not, they can ask about it.

Just to keep the thread full of stuff, for every question you ask, post 5 of your own products.

(This may or may not work, but if it does, it should be interesting)

I'll make the first reply to the topic as it should be. You can ask question about it if you want.

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

• LG Optimus L9 (T-Mobile)

Coolermaster Quickfire TK (Cherry MX Red)

Logitech G602 (Wireless Gaming Mouse)

Dell S2240M 21.5" Monitor

Asus DCUII GTX 560 TI

Audio Technica ATH-M50's (Headphones)

† TTCF Member †

I don't have any questions but here are some stuff i use daily and i can answer a few questions about.

Dell UH2713HM 2560x1440 monitor

Razer Abyssus mouse

Corsair K95 Keyboard

Samsung galaxy tab Pro 32gig

M-Audio producer usb microphone

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Corsair K70

Steelseries Sensei

Aorus X7

Blue Snowball

HTC One M7

BenQ XL2420T

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Your signature is violating the CoC.

You are not allowed any links that are not the LTT forum.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

HTC One M7

Did you pay for it at full price? (Unlocked) Was it worth it?

† TTCF Member †

Your signature is violating the CoC.

You are not allowed any links that are not the LTT forum.

"The only links allowed are those pertaining to Linus Tech Tips" 

I'm pretty sure a setup video is relevant in a tech forum. Anyway I've had this signature for like a year, this is the first complaint I've gotten. If the mods don't like it, I'll happily change it. I don't see why it should bother you though?

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Did you pay for it at full price? (Unlocked) Was it worth it?

Yes, I payed full price for it. I always do with phones. I definitely enjoy it, really the only thing I can complain about is the battery life, which kind of sucks. Other than that it really suits my needs: great display, amazing build quality and amazing audio. Media consumption (my main use for a smartphone) is an awesome experience. I really have no reason to upgrade to the latest gen phones either, so I'm quite happy with it (if only the battery life was better).

• Audio Technica ATH-M50's (Headphones)

Do you use the M50's for gaming and do you think they're any good compared to gaming headsets in that price range?

Case: Silverstone TJ07 CPU: i5 3570K Motherboard: Asus Z77 Sabertooth RAM: Dominator Platinum 8GB GPU: SLI GTX 970 G1 Storage256GB Samsung 840 Pro + 3TB WD Green PSU: Corsair RM850 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Cooling: Water cooling with acrylic tubes HeadphonesPhilips Fidelio X2 DAC: Schiit Modi Amp: Schiit Vali

"The only links allowed are those pertaining to Linus Tech Tips" 

I'm pretty sure a setup video is relevant in a tech forum. Anyway I've had this signature for like a year, this is the first complaint I've gotten. If the mods don't like it, I'll happily change it. I don't see why it should bother you though?

Because it is advertising your youtube channel...

If you really want people to see that video just embed it in your build log topic.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Do you use the M50's for gaming and do you think they're any good compared to gaming headsets in that price range?

I do use them for everything, including gaming. However, I would take a surround headset over these, because I value that more for gaming. Another problem is that you can't hear yourself talk. Some gaming headsets (like turtle beaches) play your voice back to you and it make it more endurable. 

I would get them if you care about audio quality as well as gaming, but not if you just want them for gaming. 

† TTCF Member †

• Asus PB278Q 1440p 27" Monitor

EVGA GTX 780 Ti (Watercooled)

HTC One M7

iPad Mini

Klipsch Image S4i II

Case: Silverstone TJ07 CPU: i5 3570K Motherboard: Asus Z77 Sabertooth RAM: Dominator Platinum 8GB GPU: SLI GTX 970 G1 Storage256GB Samsung 840 Pro + 3TB WD Green PSU: Corsair RM850 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Cooling: Water cooling with acrylic tubes HeadphonesPhilips Fidelio X2 DAC: Schiit Modi Amp: Schiit Vali

No questions, but...

iMac G4 (so older PPC Mac/ OS X Tiger)

MacBook

iPad

iPhone

Samsung S390G

ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z

ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0

Seasonic SS-860XP2

Corsair CX 500M

Sony MDR-7506

Logitech C920 HD PRO

Plus I have additional pc parts listed in my signature if you have any questions about those.

My rig =SCOUT2= 

I do use them for everything, including gaming. However, I would take a surround headset over these, because I value that more for gaming. Another problem is that you can't hear yourself talk. Some gaming headsets (like turtle beaches) play your voice back to you and it make it more endurable. 

I would get them if you care about audio quality as well as gaming, but not if you just want them for gaming. 

Well I actually own the M50's myself, but I've never owned any gaming headsets. I use them for everything just like you and I was just wondering if it would be worth getting a gaming headset as well.

Because it is advertising your youtube channel...

If you really want people to see that video just embed it in your build log topic.

Dude, one does not simply mess with the legendary @Cacao

On Topic:

I use the stuff in my Sig, also a S4 and i wear Pants on a daily basis.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Well I actually own the M50's myself, but I've never owned any gaming headsets. I use them for everything just like you and I was just wondering if it would be worth getting a gaming headset as well.

Ah... Yes, but put it on a very low priority. If you don't have other things in that price range yet (good monitor, SSD maybe, good mouse, good keyboard) I wouldn't bother getting a gaming headset. 

† TTCF Member †

Ah... Yes, but put it on a very low priority. If you don't have other things in that price range yet (good monitor, SSD maybe, good mouse, good keyboard) I wouldn't bother getting a gaming headset. 

Yeah, I think I'll just stick to the M50's for gaming. I use a Zalman ZM-MIC1 to talk to friends and it works great.

Dude, one does not simply mess with the legendary @Cacao

On Topic:

I use the stuff in my Sig, also a S4 and i wear Pants on a daily basis.

:D Thanks for the backup bro.

- Dell S2340L

- Asus G75

- Creative GigaWorks T40

- Logitech G400s

- Sony Xperia Z

• LG Optimus L9 (T-Mobile)
  • Coolermaster Quickfire TK (Cherry MX Red)
  • Logitech G602 (Wireless Gaming Mouse)
  • Dell S2240M 21.5" Monitor
  • Asus DCUII GTX 560 TI
  • Audio Technica ATH-M50's (Headphones)

*High five* i got the EVGA geforce gtx 560 ti superclocked

-Razer Naga Hex

-Ducky Shine 3 Browns

-Lenovo y510p

-Logitech G930 headset

-Evga Tegra note 7

Asus Nexus 7 (version 1) - I use this daily

Macbook Air 2013- school issued, use almost daily for schoolwork

My PC- use daily

M-audio m-track plus- used weekly for recording guitar

Question:

- What is a good android smartphone for light daily use?

Asus Nexus 7 (version 1) - I use this daily

Macbook Air 2013- school issued, use almost daily for schoolwork

My PC- use daily

M-audio m-track plus- used weekly for recording guitar

Question:

- What is a good android smartphone for light daily use?

Moto g/e

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

*High five* i got the EVGA geforce gtx 560 ti superclocked.

Mine is dying.

† TTCF Member †