AMD FX 8350 newly installed but I can't run any games!

I believe this to still be a voltage problem. Move the voltage on cpu/nb 1.3 volts and try that. It will be fine. I'm at 1.34 on mine with llc set to extreme it goes 1.4.

I tried it and it did not make a difference.

I tried it and it did not make a difference.

going to take a long shot : try using FurMark to stress test your gpu and see if it freezes

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

After reviewing your Screen Captures again, I noticed a few things. Additionally, there are a lot of missing information.

This is your second FX-8350. Your first had the same issue and you initially believed it was a defective CPU.

Have you tried swapping your Phenom II X4 965 with your FX-8350 (second, replacement one) only once, or several times?

Did you noticed any bent / damaged CPU pins when installing the FX-8350?

1) CPU temperature of 51*C when in BIOS does not seem right

What is your room temperature during these days (typically)?

2) CPU cooler being used.

I asked you before in my other post, but you never provided the information. Neither did you indicate it in any of your posts thus far.

What CPU cooler are you currently using?

What thermal paste did you use, and how did you apply it (i.e. pea size in the middle, spread, X pattern, etc)?

Is the CPU cooler mounted properly? Is it possible to post a picture of how the cooler is mounted?

If you are re-using your existing heatsink / CPU cooler, did you clean off the old paste before applying a new amount?

3) VRM / Northbridge / Southbridge temperatures?

Looking at your BIOS screen captures, there are not NB and SB temperature readings. Only CPU and motherboard

Did you see any temperature readings for the NB and SB when using a temperature monitoring software (i.e. HWMonitor, AIDA64)?

If so, what are the temperature reagins for them? During idle? During load?

If you need help determining which temperature reading is which, please post a screen shot.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

going to take a long shot : try using FurMark to stress test your gpu and see if it freezes

Here's the thing. Every time I try testing my GPU or my RAM, my computer freezes or restarts. It froze before when I ran FurMark, Unigine Heaven, and a RAM intensive test. The thing about it is that when I had my previous CPU installed, none of these problems arose so I know that it can't be an issue with my GPU or RAM. However, it is still odd to me that my pc freezes when I try to test them or run a graphically intense game.

After reviewing your Screen Captures again, I noticed a few things. Additionally, there are a lot of missing information.

This is your second FX-8350. Your first had the same issue and you initially believed it was a defective CPU.

Have you tried swapping your Phenom II X4 965 with your FX-8350 (second, replacement one) only once, or several times?

Did you noticed any bent / damaged CPU pins when installing the FX-8350?

1) CPU temperature of 51*C when in BIOS does not seem right

What is your room temperature during these days (typically)?

2) CPU cooler being used.

I asked you before in my other post, but you never provided the information. Neither did you indicate it in any of your posts thus far.

What CPU cooler are you currently using?

What thermal paste did you use, and how did you apply it (i.e. pea size in the middle, spread, X pattern, etc)?

Is the CPU cooler mounted properly? Is it possible to post a picture of how the cooler is mounted?

If you are re-using your existing heatsink / CPU cooler, did you clean off the old paste before applying a new amount?

3) VRM / Northbridge / Southbridge temperatures?

Looking at your BIOS screen captures, there are not NB and SB temperature readings. Only CPU and motherboard

Did you see any temperature readings for the NB and SB when using a temperature monitoring software (i.e. HWMonitor, AIDA64)?

If so, what are the temperature reagins for them? During idle? During load?

If you need help determining which temperature reading is which, please post a screen shot.

I swapped out my first 8350 with my Phenom II but I have not yet tried swapping my current one out with my old CPU for I feel that it will run completely fine just as before. I did not see any problems with the new CPU itself when I was installing it and I also took great care when installing it so I do not think that it is damaged. My room temperature on average is between 70-72 F. As far as my CPU cooler, I am using the heatsink that came with it with the pre-applied thermal paste. I can also assure you that the heatsink is mounted correctly for I have had to mount them frequently in these past few weeks. As far as the temperature readings for my NB and SB, I will figure those out when I'm around my pc a little later.

Your temps are wayyyyyyyy too hot, the fx8350 throttles at 61c. Make sure you have a decent cooler and have applied thermal paste correctly. Your temps should be no higher than 40c at idle and 55c at full load. That's what I get at a 5ghz over clock, so set up correctly with a good cooler you should achieve those temps at stock easily.

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHZ - Asus Sabertooth 990FX rev.2 - 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz - Sapphire Radeon HD7950 Vapor-X edition - Corsair Vengeance C70 - 64gb OCZ vector SSD, 500gb WD Blue - OCZ FAT4L1TY 750w psu - Coolermaster Seidon 240m with Coollab Liquid Pro

Here's the thing. Every time I try testing my GPU or my RAM, my computer freezes or restarts. It froze before when I ran FurMark, Unigine Heaven, and a RAM intensive test. The thing about it is that when I had my previous CPU installed, none of these problems arose so I know that it can't be an issue with my GPU or RAM. However, it is still odd to me that my pc freezes when I try to test them or run a graphically intense game.

well that's good because there only is 1 thing left: when doing one of those tests, run core temp on the side of the screen and look at the temp if going way above 65*C 149*F when it freezes /crashes

i will say it again the stock cooler for fx 8350 is absolutly junk it cannot run any game during summer, you could try going and getting silver arctic paste , removing the paste both from cpu and cooler adding the new paste and see if it loads the games,

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

I swapped out my first 8350 with my Phenom II but I have not yet tried swapping my current one out with my old CPU for I feel that it will run completely fine just as before. I did not see any problems with the new CPU itself when I was installing it and I also took great care when installing it so I do not think that it is damaged. My room temperature on average is between 70-72 F. As far as my CPU cooler, I am using the heatsink that came with it with the pre-applied thermal paste. I can also assure you that the heatsink is mounted correctly for I have had to mount them frequently in these past few weeks. As far as the temperature readings for my NB and SB, I will figure those out when I'm around my pc a little later.

If you have been taking off the heatsink and putting it back on you have likely messed up the thermal paste. Buy some new thermal paste, clean, reapply and try again.

Also, buy a good cooler. I have a cooler master seidon 240m, but a corsair h80 would do the trick

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHZ - Asus Sabertooth 990FX rev.2 - 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz - Sapphire Radeon HD7950 Vapor-X edition - Corsair Vengeance C70 - 64gb OCZ vector SSD, 500gb WD Blue - OCZ FAT4L1TY 750w psu - Coolermaster Seidon 240m with Coollab Liquid Pro

If you have been taking off the heatsink and putting it back on you have likely messed it up. Buy some new thermal paste, clean, reapply and try again.

@Darkvain this. you need to clean off the paste and re apply every remount.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Priller is correct. All of your voltages are way to low. When you get the voltages set correctly, and based off of your previous temperatures, that stock heat sink will have a hard time keeping it cool unless you get better air flow in your case.

No he's not and it isn't. Voltages are hardcoded in the cpu, bios reads that up ships it to the pwm chip and magic happens.

Also the board shows the current vcore, it's not boosted to its max clock in the bios so it's normal to see lower vcores than under load in windows. Eg I have 1.40V with LLC a 1:1 ratio to bios, in the bios it just reports 1.18V

No he's not and it isn't. Voltages are hardcoded in the cpu, bios reads that up ships it to the pwm chip and magic happens.

Also the board shows the current vcore, it's not boosted to its max clock in the bios so it's normal to see lower vcores than under load in windows. Eg I have 1.40V with LLC a 1:1 ratio to bios, in the bios it just reports 1.18V

Crap. He's using offset mode not manual. I looked at it wrong. Thinks for bring this to my attention. He probably is running over 1.4v

Try resetting the bios settings to default?

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Crap. He's using offset mode not manual. I looked at it wrong. Thinks for bring this to my attention. He probably is running over 1.4v

With default settings, change it to manual it should still undervolt when downclocking except if you change the multiplier manually then you have a fixed vcore even when downclocking. Point is the CPU's clock speed isn't max'ed when you're just browsing through your bios unless you disable turbo ratio/boost.

70*F - 72*F is equal to about 21*C - 22*C.

Your FX-8350 running at stock should idle much lower than 51*C / 124*F sitting in BIOS.

A temperature difference between room and idle of 30*C / 86*F doesn't seem "normal" - even with the stock cooler

Please post a picture(s) on how the CPU cooler is mounted.

The pre-applied thermal paste could be not making full 100% contact with the CPU. This is why people don't recommend spreading thermal paste out, and just use the "grain of rice in the center" method.

I mean frick, even with the THICK Antec Fromula 7 thermal paste I use, I just put a small amount on the center of the CPU, and let the pressure from the CPU heatsink mounting spread it out.

Here's something interesting for you to check out.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Most motherboards dont load the correct voltages off the bat. I have to reboot several times in order to get the correct voltages to appear in the bios. It even screws up the voltage I add to the CPU. So if I add 0.050 volts instead of it being 1.475 it turns up to be 1.385 volts. It happens almost every time a major reset is required. 

I recently just ordered a liquid cooler for my CPU which should arrive in a few days. I'm going to try using that and see if it fixes my problem. If not, then I will do everything you guys have been saying for the past 10+ comments. 

I recently just ordered a liquid cooler for my CPU which should arrive in a few days. I'm going to try using that and see if it fixes my problem. If not, then I will do everything you guys have been saying for the past 10+ comments. 

You should do everything they have recommended before spending any more money.  You are doing this backwards.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

if all else fails then I guess you'll have to get a new amd mobo.   If you're suspecting that cooling is the problem then why did you spend all that money on a liquid cooler?  You should have gotten yourself a Hyper 212 evo

which os are you using win 7 or 8?

also how many watts is your psu?

I was planning on purchasing a liquid cooler in the future so I might as well get it now. Besides that, it was only $60. I installed it and it didn't change a damn thing. I asked the IT at my school and he said it was probably an issue in dealing with AMD's equivalent of hyperthreading in their new CPU's. He told me to look for a setting for it in my BIOS but I didn't have time to check cause I had to leave my setup for a few weeks. So, I'm gonna try that when I get back.