What's the weirdest thing you've done with tech?

terrytek

What is the weirdest thing you have ever done with tech? Here's my thing:

I took an old PSU, very old, but it still had a 20 pin and at least 1 Molex, I used the paper clip method to short out the 20 pin. I plugged in a dead but still spinning hard drive. I flipped the switch on. And this is when I was very, very bored. I felt the hard drive start spinning up in my hand. I decided to try to move it around. It actually felt like a gyroscope in my hand. When my hand's position is between sideways and straight up, you can feel the force of the spinning drive moving against your hand. I thought this was FUCKING WICKED SWEET! I just now realized that this kind of stuff can happen.

So what weird stuff have you done with tech? Share below! :D

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

NSFW stuff.

JK. a ghetto 8 pin extension.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

What is the weirdest thing you have ever done with tech? Here's my thing:

I took an old PSU, very old, but it still had a 20 pin and at least 1 Molex, I used the paper clip method to short out the 20 pin. I plugged in a dead but still spinning hard drive. I flipped the switch on. And this is when I was very, very bored. I felt the hard drive start spinning up in my hand. I decided to try to move it around. It actually felt like a gyroscope in my hand. When my hand's position is between sideways and straight up, you can feel the force of the spinning drive moving against your hand. I thought this was FUCKING WICKED SWEET! I just now realized that this kind of stuff can happen.

So what weird stuff have you done with tech? Share below! :D

I covered an old GPU in massage oil and rubbed it against my naked body. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I covered an old GPU in massage oil and rubbed it against my naked body. 

Ummmmm, a little NSFW here....

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Probably biting my RAM sticks

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

Ummmmm, a little NSFW here....

Don't worry. I had pants on at the time.

EDIT: The solder points on the back felt prickly...and stimulating.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Probably biting my RAM sticks

How did they taste?

Yeah, I licked a Lightning connector. Tasted bitter.

Cold

Mmmm...

Cold

Really? Nothing other than that?

it was a cheap G Skill RAM and it was just cold and tasted like metal. they were these ones my first half decent RAM8go_de_Ram_ddr3_1600mhz_G.SKILL.jpg

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

NSFW alert....I twerked a computer.

JK, I licked the PCB on an nVidia P117.

You ask the most random questions, I sware lol.

It's not exactly random. It's like the ratchet builds in GD.

They really are cold. I am having one in my mouth right now (not kidding)

But their taste generally is RANDOM.

HA! GET IT?!

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

They really are cold. I am having one in my mouth right now (not kidding)

But their taste generally is RANDOM.

HA! GET IT?!

No.. No I don't really get it... :/

No.. No I don't really get it... :/

RANDOM Access Memory.

I inhaled macerated 4960X remains.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I had a slim profile Dell PC and mounted a full profile graphics card into it.

I then used mechano to cover the holes, but a mouse got in it and started eating my mobo.  Wasn't aware of this but should have noticed all the green mouse droppings on my desk.

Anyway, that PC died and I learned

CPU: i7 4770K 4.2Ghz, Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty Z97x Killer, GFX: EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC ACX (x2 SLI), RAM: G.Skill 1600Mhz CAS 9 16GB, DSK Intel 530 120GB OS, Crucial M500 120GB, WD 1TB Blue, WD 1TB Green, PSU: Corsair AX1200i, Case: Obsidian 750D. 

SERVER HP ProLiant Microserver N54L, FreeNAS: ZFS, 8TB (4x 2TB WD Red), RAID Z2, 16GB ECC RAM, 1Gb/s Link Aggregated:  Running as NAS, Plex, & ownCloud

I inhaled macerated 4960X remains.

What did you do to it?

What did you do to it?

Put it in a grinder, chopped it up really small, pulverized any large fragments, and cooked it in the oven.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Put it in a grinder, chopped it up really small, pulverized any large fragments, and cooked it in the oven.

Did you seriously just waste 1000 bucks just to do that?

Did you seriously just waste 1000 bucks just to do that?

Yeah well I already ate a titan z for breakfast, so I figured this would be a nice condiment for lunch time.

Spoiler