How i feel about slow download of Star Citizen

Wesley

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

WAit, dogfighting is out? or did you mean the hanger? 

Diamond 5 in League :)

Dog fight module is out and the entire planet is downloading it lol check the website

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

DFM is out.

also i got 2MB im not complaining

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

download speeds for me is around 100Kb/s

those guys need to get their act together  my net can handle 3000KB/s !

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I downloaded at 835KB/s, and I consider this good! BTW, the game is awesome....but keyboard and mouse sucks guys. Get a 360 controller if you want a nice experience. Just a heads up though, there are still a lot of issues, just in-case any of you were expecting a finished product.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I'm downloading at around 500KB/s. Actually, it's probably already done since I started last night at 3 AM (all-nighters FTW). 

The client is both downloading it from the website's servers and it has P2P going as well, so bottlenecks should be alleviated unless you live far away from the servers and anyone else downloading it.

I love P2P. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I downloaded at the same speed as normal, around 6 MB/s and DFM seems pretty smooth and good overall although I did have an issue starting Arena Commander the first couple of times I launched it

[spoiler=Current Rig:]i5-4670K @ 4.4 Ghz on 1.3v | MSI Z87I | GTX 780 @ 1150 Mhz | 2x8GB ADATA XPG | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | CM V700 PSU | Custom Watercooled in a Caselabs S3

[spoiler=Peripherals:]Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair K70 | Sennheiser Urbanite headphones | Corsair Vengeance MM200 | Asus PB278Q + Samsung 22"

pfff its better than dial up speeds I am happy...

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

my peak

sBlvuHN.jpg

not too bad not to bad haha :P (but average was 2MB)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

my peak

sBlvuHN.jpg

not too bad not to bad haha :P (but average was 2MB)

18.20 MB/s for like 5 seconds. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

18.20 MB/s for like 5 seconds.

it came up like 4 times. Managed to screenshot it once. It stayed for 2-3s

Downloading at 30-50kbps. It's going to take 2 days of continuous downloading at this rate. Anyone got any solutions for this? (It's not my net, I can get over 20 mbps with steam)

um it wont down load getting a "unable to load metafile" help!!!

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

nm i think i got it

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Downloading at 30-50kbps. It's going to take 2 days of continuous downloading at this rate. Anyone got any solutions for this? (It's not my net, I can get over 20 mbps with steam)

Go into the settings and make sure your upload/download is set to unlimited, a few ISPs block/limit P2P useage so try it with and without.

Go into the settings and make sure your upload/download is set to unlimited, a few ISPs block/limit P2P useage so try it with and without.

Thanks, I already selected those. Apparently p2p isn't enabled cos of some legal issues.

I think it has to do with my isp's route to the CIG servers. Anyone know how to go about solving that?

I downloaded at 835KB/s, and I consider this good! BTW, the game is awesome....but keyboard and mouse sucks guys. Get a 360 controller if you want a nice experience. Just a heads up though, there are still a lot of issues, just in-case any of you were expecting a finished product.

I look forward to killing everyone who uses a controller. It isn't that hard to fly with a keyboard and the aiming benefit of using a mouse is an advantage. Currently the game has some near auto aim once you lock on enough which I hope they remove.