This are the components:

Case: CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Formula

CPU: Intel core i7 4770k

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2x8GB) 1866MHz

Optical Drive: Asus DVD-RW

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung SSD 120GB

Graphic Card: Asus GTX 780 DirectCU2 OC 3GB

I was thinking to take the Corsair AX760i, but i don't if i need more watts, or less.

Thanks for your answer!

upwards from 500. ~600-700w sweetspot. ax760i will be plenty.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

You could go with a 650watt should give you enough room for overclocking as well.

Edit: That 760 should be enough if you went with 2 gpu's

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

A good 550W will be fine. If you plan on adding two cards then an 850W would be ideal. If you can get hold of a Superflower Leadex Gold this would be a cheaper alternative over the AXi. I also think the Seasonic made AX would be a better choice over the Flextronics made AXi.

650W is fine

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Check this Youtube video out

You could go with a 650watt should give you enough room for overclocking as well.

Edit: That 760 should be enough if you went with 2 gpu's

I agree on the 650W supply. Though won't a 750 a tiny bit low for two 780s? I've got SLI 770s with a 750W PSU and I think that's cutting it a little close

i5 4670k @ 4.4 GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 770 SLI | 256GB Evo Pro SSD | 2TB WD Blue | Corsair 350D | Windows 8.1 |

Asus VG248QE 144Hz Monitor | Roland Quad Capture Interface | Krk Rokit 6 Monitors |

I agree on the 650W supply. Though won't a 750 a tiny bit low for two 780s? I've got SLI 770s with a 750W PSU and I think that's cutting it a little close

hes only running one 780

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

hes only running one 780

I know, the post I quoted suggested running two on a 750W though

i5 4670k @ 4.4 GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 770 SLI | 256GB Evo Pro SSD | 2TB WD Blue | Corsair 350D | Windows 8.1 |

Asus VG248QE 144Hz Monitor | Roland Quad Capture Interface | Krk Rokit 6 Monitors |

I know, the post I quoted suggested running two on a 750W though

ok, sorry. but actually two 780s wont consume more than 700W, so thats just fine

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

ok, sorry. but actually two 780s wont consume more than 700W, so thats just fine

Thats okay then, the only reason I said that was because plenty of people have said i'm pushing it with my gpu-psu setup :)

Thats okay then, the only reason I said that was because plenty of people have said i'm pushing it with my gpu-psu setup :)

yeah, most people always go 100-200W over the actual sweetspot.

yeah, most people always go 100-200W over the actual sweetspot.

Is it worse to go over? Or is it more beneficial to not have your PSU at full tilt alll the time?

Is it worse to go over? Or is it more beneficial to not have your PSU at full tilt alll the time?

The PSU will eventually last longer when it's on a lighter load

Lord Pantaloons, on 30 Nov 2014 - 7:32 PM, said: If Lawrence leaves his house and travels at a constant 40 MPH. How long will it take Bill from next door to shove a banana up his mom's rectum?

FX-6300Gigabyte R9 270X 4 GB OCWD Blue 1 TBCorsair Carbide 300RArctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2Silverstone Strider Essential 500WAsus M5A97 R2.0Dell P2314HYamaha HTR-5740Mordaunt-Short Avant 309iSuperlux HD-668 BCooler Master CM Storm Quickfire UltimateGigabyte M6900Oneplus One 64 GB

The PSU will eventually last longer when it's on a lighter load

Thats what I thought :). Thing is, does it actually make that much of a difference? Unless of course you're trying to run the same system for years and years on end

650 watt is way to go ask me if you want a specific power supply for 650 watts

Thats what I thought :). Thing is, does it actually make that much of a difference? Unless of course you're trying to run the same system for years and years on end

not from my experience

Little difference. The system would easily run on a decent 550w. The 760w is overkill unless you were running sli.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

it's at peak efficiency around the middle range. check the specific psu you are looking at for the details.

for example the rm 750

efficiency.jpg

of course the difference is within a few percentages usually.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Can also bump it up to 800 - 850

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

it's at peak efficiency around the middle range. check the specific psu you are looking at for the details.

for example the rm 750

efficiency.jpg

of course the difference is within a few percentages usually.

Efficiency is generally worse below the peak than above it though. It would be better to get a psu just as big as you need since the system will likely spend most of its time not at load.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Little difference. The system would easily run on a decent 550w. The 760w is overkill unless you were running sli.

How do you know these things man?

How do you know these things man?

Research from benchmarks and experience. The internet helps.

Efficiency is generally worse below the peak than above it though. It would be better to get a psu just as big as you need since the system will likely spend most of its time not at load.

thats true but since it's 80+ rated which means if it's between 20-50% load, it's not that bad isn't it?

aiming for idle/light use at around the 50% mark would be best i guess?  :P

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB