What should I do to my old PC? :3

Hey guys!

So with Steams streaming option, I've decided that I'm going to turn my old pc in to a ''console''...kinda ;D it's gonna be for gaming with a controller on a big screen..

So now I'm just kinda cleaning some junk of the HDD, I added a rear Corsair AF series 120mm fan that I just had laying around, and I also ordered a 80mm fan for the side, and than I thought why stop ;D

So do you guys have ANY cool ideas abut what I should do? And this is and old PC so I don't really want to spend too much on it. Thanks!  :lol: 

Oh! And this PC has like a 4 year old Intel CPU that's cooled just by the stock cooler. Could I replace it with the stock cooler that came with my 4770k or would the mounts not match?post-3194-0-03069300-1401819017_thumb.jppost-3194-0-99829800-1401819026_thumb.jppost-3194-0-43616300-1401819049_thumb.jp

post-3194-0-03069300-1401819017_thumb.jp

post-3194-0-99829800-1401819026_thumb.jp

post-3194-0-43616300-1401819049_thumb.jp

specs? also you could do a sweet case mod, or take a SFF case and mod it so it fits the components.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

The mount for the stock cooler will not work unless its an 1155 or 1150 socket CPU I am assuming its either a first gen i series intel or a Core 2 era one.

@DTV998 -

First thing I would do is mod the case! Even a simple spray paint, in & out, would refresh it. (flat black, with glossy black accents, for example) Cuz we all know.. "Gray is sooo 1999"

As far as the cooler fitting - maybe, probably not.. It would have to be LGA 1150/1155 to fit properly. However, Intel hasn't changed their stock coolers in a loooooooong time... I highly doubt it's any different. If it is, I think the difference will be negligible.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

specs? also you could do a sweet case mod, or take a SFF case and mod it so it fits the components.

Hey fellow Slovenian ;D Hmm well...It has a Sapphire Radeon HD 6750 1GB, 500cgb Seagate Baracuda, 4gb RAM, Shitty LC Power PSU, and I don't really remember what the preocessor was..it's like a core-duo running at 2.33 Ghz ;)

The mount for the stock cooler will not work unless its an 1155 or 1150 socket CPU I am assuming its either a first gen i series intel or a Core 2 era one.

its P45 so its a core2duo or quad. so lga775. so a 115x cooler wont fit

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

@DTV998 -

First thing I would do is mod the case! Even a simple spray paint, in & out, would refresh it. (flat black, with glossy black accents, for example) Cuz we all know.. "Gray is sooo 1999"

As far as the cooler fitting - maybe, probably not.. It would have to be LGA 1150/1155 to fit properly. However, Intel hasn't changed their stock coolers in a loooooooong time... I highly doubt it's any different. If it is, I think the difference will be negligible.

Hmm...spray paint..I like the way your thinking  :D

its P45 so its a core2duo or quad. so lga775. so a 115x cooler wont fit

I am quite sure it's a 4 core.

Hmm...spray paint..I like the way your thinking  :D

Yesssssir. Always an option you can bank on. I did that with an old Dell, turned out amazingly. Got inspiration from the MNCPTech YT video where they PlastiDip'ed a Dell XPS.

I also gutted a 2006 HP Media PC and did the same, with neon green accents. Replaced with newer parts, now I call it the ninja. Looks 10 years old (because it nearly is..) but performs will with a 750 Ti and i7-3770K I had laying around, haha.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Hey fellow Slovenian ;D Hmm well...It has a Sapphire Radeon HD 6750 1GB, 500cgb Seagate Baracuda, 4gb RAM, Shitty LC Power PSU, and I don't really remember what the preocessor was..it's like a core-duo running at 2.33 Ghz ;)

id get a dremel and some acrylic and get rid of the front panel to replace it with something custom, then id paint it up and put it below my TV :) or get a nice cheap case from AGT and go form there. i wouldnt really change the insides much

I love the fancy Corsair fan :P  First of all i would match the RAM sticks to the colors of the motherboard. But other than that you might have to upgrade the cpu/mobo.

I love the fancy Corsair fan :P  First of all i would match the RAM sticks to the colors of the motherboard. But other than that you might have to upgrade the cpu/mobo.

Hehehe ty...yea I was thinking of some upgrades, but that would like actually ''cost'' something ;D I mean after all I do have an awesome gaming PC and this one is just gonna be used for some streaming...

Hehehe ty...yea I was thinking of some upgrades, but that would like actually ''cost'' something ;D I mean after all I do have an awesome gaming PC and this one is just gonna be used for some streaming...

If you want to stream with nice performance a hardware upgrade would be good. If you don't want to spend anything, then you can make it a server :P   Or if you are crazy enough you can create a PC - Router.

Get an ssd for it, just one big enough for os and steam so you don't have to wait 10minutes to use it