Fallout 4 may be Xbox One exclusive

Go to solution Solved by Misanthrope,

Hardly.

Right, enjoy your now useless $100 kinect that will soon be forgotten and dumped from all future game support. 

Xbox, On. Xbox, turn off. Xbox, watch discovery channel. Xbox, mute. Xbox, go to twitch. Xbox go to youtube. Xbox go to battlefield 4. Xbox volume up. Etc etc etc

So you use it for the mic, not the motion controls it was designed for. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

So you use it for the mic, not the motion controls it was designed for.

Correct. I use it. That was the point. At some point I might use the motion controls but I have no interest in them right now.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Dude... That is possibly the best Kinect game ever, and it's 100% because of that mode.

They did a great job with the songs and naming the moves as well.

I haven't played it, but I think it looks really fun. Dance games is the one thing I think the Kinect is great for.

I'm not sure if I should attribute that to you being a Star Wars geek or just generally into dance game like most Otakus I know. But since you're cool in lots of other areas I don't really care which one, what it should be made clear that it is pretty uncommon for gamers to also be into dancing and I think you wouldn't disagree on how this game was mostly meant for the casual crowd and you're some sort of weird exception to that rule.

-------

Current Rig

-------

This shall not happen (of I have anything to say about it at least)

I have an Xbox One and it'll be in a burning trash can if this is true.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

This will not happen. Bethesda always releases on pc. Oblivion and fallout 3 were Bethesdas first mainstream console games I think. Besides IIRC Bethesda games sell better on pc than console... Don't they?

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

This will not happen. Bethesda always releases on pc. Oblivion and fallout 3 were Bethesdas first mainstream console games I think. Besides IIRC Bethesda games sell better on pc than console... Don't they?

nope and most of them are ports, though they do make it over to the PC.

I'm not sure if I should attribute that to you being a Star Wars geek or just generally into dance game like most Otakus I know. But since you're cool in lots of other areas I don't really care which one, what it should be made clear that it is pretty uncommon for gamers to also be into dancing and I think you wouldn't disagree on how this game was mostly meant for the casual crowd and you're some sort of weird exception to that rule.

I'm not really into either to be honest.

Yes the game is definitely not some hardcore game but I don't think it has to be. Fun things are fun.

Don't get me wrong, the Kinect sucks and most of the Star Wars Kinect game is garbage, but the dance part is just so silly, and seems to function really well, that I just can't hate on it.

It's silly and stupid, but in a fun way. Not like some Kinect games that are silly and stupid in awful ways...

Why is everyone having such a huge beef at the xbone. The xbone and ps4 and pc all have their different merits, however the one you buy is always going to be the best to you, as it is your preference.

Take the PC for example, you have much superior graphics, modding potential and the option to multi task along with other things.

The PS4, it can be argued that it is more powerful than the xbone and it offers a good price/performance value for more casual gamers who don't want to break the bank on pc. Also, there are people who have had playstations since the beginning and want to stay loyal.

The xbone is very similar, however it offers slightly worse graphics, yet an experience friendly for a larger market than other platforms. The kinect is good for casual use and voice commands however it is also fun for party games and some motion commands. Also, the xbox one is generally the platform for competitive call of duty.

Finally, people can pick platforms based on the controllers too. What I'm saying is its all stupid saying something is superior to another as it is simply just preference. Sure, have a joke about it but whats the point in getting into a full blown argument about it. Surely the xbox one having fallout 4 as an exclusive may just be a marketing ploy to get people to buy the xbox one before fallout comes out in order to raise sales, who knows?

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

I rarely leave the build logs section.

Everyone is so worried. I laughed. No way in heaven and/or hell will they be stupid enough to do this. This would be like the Fallout franchise commiting suicide.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

you bethesda, if you do this you will feel the wrath of the reddit and fedora loving community.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

I will be extremely dissapointed if this is the case

But I do not see them not release it on PC. I think that would be very weird for Bethesda since Fallout and Elder scrolls are such popular PC games

If it is just exclusive on console to Xbox One then whatever, it still sucks but I want the PC Version

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Why is everyone having such a huge beef at the xbone.

1) It almost had always-online DRM. Yes they removed them, no that is not good enough they showed us how fucking greedy they wanted to be

2) It forces the stupid fucking kinect on people.

3) It's severely underpowered because of 2) while trying to maintain a reasonable pricetag

4) It still tries to accommodate bullshit gimmicks like TV stuff in spite of 3)

-------

Current Rig

-------

1) It almost had always-online DRM. Yes they removed them, no that is not good enough they showed us how fucking greedy they wanted to be

3) It's severely underpowered because of 2) while trying to maintain a reasonable pricetag

You really are a cunt. Read the whole post please and stop trying to have an argument with everyone.

Please, get out of the house

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

I rarely leave the build logs section.

Aw come on, guys, are you silly ?

Bethesda know that great community is waiting for this game to come on PC.

And they know that xbox one is really a market dump.

Yea, they might been paid from microsoft to release it on xbox, but really, trust me. it just wont be an exclusive.

Propably it will come out on console, and then come out maybe 2 months later on PC.

I highly doubt this. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I've played the Fallout games for most of my life, but I've never experienced it at 792p.  The future is here!

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

If they would have never had the always on thing I think it might have had a chance of going though and sony would have done it as well. Its what the console industry wants and has wanted for some time.

i agreee that was stupid since well they didnt use it properly because all deve develop the same for every place they release it was never properly utilized.

its not all that much less powerful than the PS3 I mean the internals are relationally close. The issue is for what they are trying to do neither of the consoles are powerful enough compared to even a mid range gaming PC.

both sony and microsoft did this last time and it was particularly successful for microsoft, so why wouldnt they? You already have the box why wouldnt you want to be able to use it for more things so you dont have to go out and buy another box to do that. Also im surprised that they havnt done more I mean they have a xbox in how many peoples homes and their loosing money which mean their not properly utilizing their customers.

i was just about to post this.....

IF this happens. i wont get mad since EA took that out of me but i will just stop supporting them

I did that with ubisoft. I feel really, really smug since seeing watchdogs.

I will murder children and kittens and the french if this is true.

Fixed that for you.

Fractal Design R2 Define, Core i5-4670k@3.40Ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram

Zotac GTX 780 OC, BenQ XL2410T 1920x1080 120hz, LG 29EA73-P 29 Ultra wide

Crucial M4 250gb SSD, 2x3tb Western Digital Caviar Black partitioned into 1.36tb each, Razer Black Widow 2013 edition, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G13. 

Why is everyone having such a huge beef at the xbone. The xbone and ps4 and pc all have their different merits, however the one you buy is always going to be the best to you, as it is your preference.

Take the PC for example, you have much superior graphics, modding potential and the option to multi task along with other things.

The PS4, it can be argued that it is more powerful than the xbone and it offers a good price/performance value for more casual gamers who don't want to break the bank on pc. Also, there are people who have had playstations since the beginning and want to stay loyal.

The xbone is very similar, however it offers slightly worse graphics, yet an experience friendly for a larger market than other platforms. The kinect is good for casual use and voice commands however it is also fun for party games and some motion commands. Also, the xbox one is generally the platform for competitive call of duty.

Finally, people can pick platforms based on the controllers too. What I'm saying is its all stupid saying something is superior to another as it is simply just preference. Sure, have a joke about it but whats the point in getting into a full blown argument about it. Surely the xbox one having fallout 4 as an exclusive may just be a marketing ploy to get people to buy the xbox one before fallout comes out in order to raise sales, who knows?

1. Because the Xbox One went with a garbage ram solution and a garbage GPU in favor of a stupid kinect. PS4 is holding PC gaming back but Xbox One is keeping ports in the stone age. 1.31 TFLOPS? 2008 mid range GPU says hi. At least the PS4 is at 2010ish midrange...

2. Microsoft making DirectX 11.2 a Xbox One and Win 8 exclusive holding back games on PC, while their brick gets DX 11.2. Games like Watch Dogs on PC suffer because of MS's greed. MS has sold tons of copies of Windows 7 recently and there is no reason to not put 11.2 on PC, except to hold back PC gaming.  

3. MS holding back DX 12/low level for almost 2 years, even though a SMALL team ported Forza to the PC, on a low level API, on Nvidia cards in under a month. MS bragged about this, showed Forza running and then? Announced we had to wait 2 years for this crap. Video of Forza.

Summary. Supporting the Xbox One, is supporting the stagnation of PC gaming, and also screwing yourself over as a PC gamer for years. Every PC gamer should hope this thing dies a horrible death, MS pulls their head out of their behinds and gets behind PC gaming. MS is deliberately holding PC gaming back, and media is lauding them as pushing it forward, because our media is bought and paid for.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Meh, I hated fallout anyways

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8