Computer getting huge framerate drops in all games

Go to solution Solved by AMICLG,

I just got my second blue screen and It said System_Service_Exception What does that mean? I think that it might have something to do with the problem that I am having

Use bluescreenview and the failed service/s should be at the top of the list highlighted in grey. BSOD are usually caused by broken drivers, bad RAM, and bad overclocks.

Hey everyone I am having some huge problems with my computer that I have built 2 weeks ago. I am getting good framerates in my games and then the framerate drops 20 frames randomly and then it goes back to normal after 2 seconds of being low. I have no idea what is causing this and I was wondering if anyone of you know how to fix the issue. This is happening in any game that I play like League of Legends, Titanfall, Watchdogs etc.

My system specs are"

I5 4460

Gigabyte R9 270x OC video card

Gigabyte H87N motherboard

1 tb Seagate hard drive

8gb Hyper X red Ram

I have no idea what is causing this problem and if any of you know what is happening it would be very appreciated if you could help me. 

Thanks in advance

Sounds a little like what happens when you run out of RAM. Run a test on it and check how much of it is being used when the fps drops.

I found that my Gpu goes to 100% when the lag happens. I will check the ram later today because I have work now. Thans for the fast reply. Also what could be making my Gpu run at 100 percent? Gpu temp never gets past 40 degrees Celcius I have 8 gb of Hyper X red ram also so I doubt that ram will be the problem. But there is always a chance.

check your temperature and gpu usage % during the time that the frames rate drops and post it here.

Sounds a little like what happens when you run out of RAM. Run a test on it and check how much of it is being used when the fps drops.

I found that my Gpu goes to 100% when the lag happens. I will check the ram later today because I have work now. Thans for the fast reply. Also what could be making my Gpu run at 100 percent? Gpu temp never gets past 40 degrees Celcius I have 8 gb of Hyper X red ram also so I doubt that ram will be the problem. But there is always a chance.

also do one more thing, try one of those gpu benchmark programs and run it twice and see if u get the drop as well, just to make sure its not the game.

Make sure all your drivers are installed also it might be that your HDD is just too slow so it can't load eveything fast enough.

8GB of RAM is more than enough for games, I've never see any game use above 6GB on ultra settings.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

GPU at 100% isn't that unusual when gaming and shouldn't cause a 20 fps drop though... someother things you could try are to leave the task manager performance tab open while gaming, see if anything spikes up to 100% at any time. Also check for viruses/malware, anything that could be using up recources in the background. Finally, make sure you're on the latest beta drivers for the GPU, if you are try downgrading to older ones.

Make sure all your drivers are installed also it might be that your HDD is just too slow so it can't load eveything fast enough.

8GB of RAM is more than enough for games, I've never see any game use above 6GB on ultra settings.

I also have 8 GB of RAM and watch dogs will use it all up if I have only a few things such as spotify and origin open in the background.

I also have 8 GB of RAM and watch dogs will use it all up if I have only a few things such as spotify and origin open in the background.

If your using Chrome of course, Chrome uses more RAM than most games with only 15-20 tabs open.

If your using Chrome of course, Chrome uses more RAM than most games with only 15-20 tabs open.

Correct.

also do one more thing, try one of those gpu benchmark programs and run it twice and see if u get the drop as well, just to make sure its not the game.

I did Unigine heaven benchmark and my gpu was at max load and I did not see any random framerate drops.

Is that actually true. Cam a 7200 rpm be to slow for running games causing it to have frameraete drops?

GPU at 100% isn't that unusual when gaming and shouldn't cause a 20 fps drop though... someother things you could try are to leave the task manager performance tab open while gaming, see if anything spikes up to 100% at any time. Also check for viruses/malware, anything that could be using up recources in the background. Finally, make sure you're on the latest beta drivers for the GPU, if you are try downgrading to older ones.

Nothing is going on in the back but I did catch my processor was going to 100% on some of the cores but the package was only at max 80% usage

But I closed all browsers and it still happened

Correct.

Check CPU for thermal throttle?

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

How can I do that?

Cpu gets to max 50 degrees Celcius

How can I do that?

Cpu gets to max 50 degrees Celcius

no need to check it then, your CPU doesn't throttle before approaching 100°C.

My CPU was throttled from Vrm hitting 80c but he hasn't over clocked so can't be that

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

My CPU was throttled from Vrm hitting 80c but he hasn't over clocked so can't be that

I opened open Hardware monitor and it says that my Cpu load on core 3 is at 100 percent and I that I did was open the program. There are no games running in the background so I dont know what it is

Is that actually true. Cam a 7200 rpm be to slow for running games causing it to have frameraete drops?

If the game has to load a lot of crap yeah, ie: Battlefield, PlanetSide and that's the only thing I could think of other than drivers/OS that would cause it as the all the hardware is solid for performance.

If the game has to load a lot of crap yeah, ie: Battlefield, PlanetSide and that's the only thing I could think of other than drivers/OS that would cause it as the all the hardware is solid for performance

So do you think that if I got an SSD that would maybe fix the problem that I am getting?

So do you think that if I got an SSD that would maybe fix the problem that I am getting?

Not just yet. Is your GPU OC'd, anti-virus running in the background, are you downloading, and are the audio drivers installed (can cause large issues in some games)?

check your temperature and gpu usage % during the time that the frames rate drops and post it here.

Correct.

If the game has to load a lot of crap yeah, ie: Battlefield, PlanetSide and that's the only thing I could think of other than drivers/OS that would cause it as the all the hardware is solid for performance.

Not just yet. Is your GPU OC'd, anti-virus running in the background, are you downloading, and are the audio drivers installed (can cause large issues in some games)?

I just got my second blue screen and It said System_Service_Exception What does that mean? I think that it might have something to do with the problem that I am having

Use bluescreenview and the failed service/s should be at the top of the list highlighted in grey. BSOD are usually caused by broken drivers, bad RAM, and bad overclocks.