H100 not cooling properly

Hey all, first time posting on the forum so bare with me.

Previously had an AMD Phenom X4 cpu at 3.2 ghz, cooled by an H100. Got very good temps, basically ambient at idle.

Have now upgraded to a 4770k, but I'm getting atrocious temps on it with the H100

I have it running at stock speeds but when at idle the temperature fluctuates anywhere from 30-50c, and I've hit 100c while under 100% load. BIOS even reports 50c. Corsair Link and OpenHardwareMoniter both show same temp, Link says radiator temps are anywhere from 26c at idle to 37c underload. So something is up with the H100.

The fans are working

The pump is working

Everything is clean

Water block is seated properly, just how Linus taught me.

I've been looking for a cure for hours now. I've reseated the block 4 or five times, each time producing the same results.

Specs:

Mobo: gigabyte z87x-d3h

cpu: 4770k @ 3.5ghz

Cooler: H100

Cooler fans: Corsair SP120 X2

Case fans: Noctua NFS-12B X2, and stock case fans X2

Case: Bitfenix ghost

Storage: 3 SSDs and 1 HDD

Memory: Corsair venegeance 8gb

GPU: AMD 7850

PSU: Antec 620W

If anyone has some advice, or solution, or questions I'd love to hear it.

Thermal paste applied correctly?

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Yes, just like how linus taught me.Tried different methods and amounts, basically same result.

What RPM is the pump running at? The only thing that could account for temps that high with a h100 is lack of contact with CPU, or lack of coolant flow. Hitting 100 degrees C just shouldn't be possible at stock with a h100.

Put the stock cooler on it and see what the temps are. If they're better, your h100 is broken. If not, you have a bad chip.

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Alright, I hoped it wouldnt come to that, brb

stock cooler is on, temps at idle right now are 52c

52 deg and cpu usage is near zero? That's not good

Corsair C70 case - i7 4790k - Corsair H100i - Asus Maximus Hero VII - EVGA 780 Ti SC x2 SLI - Samsung 250GB SSD - 2TB Seagate HHD - Corsair Vengeance 32GB RAM - Corsair RM1000 PSU - Asus VG248QE - Logitech G700s Mouse<p>MSI GT60 0NE-403US Laptop - i7 3630QM - GTX 680M 4GB - Toshiba 128GB SSD - 750GB HHD - Corsair Vengeance 32GB RAM

I assume I can blame the cpu then? It's brand spanking new, just my luck

I assume I can blame the cpu then? It's brand spanking new, just my luck

you got to use the quote button so people know your talking to them it gives you a message 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

you got to use the quote button so people know your talking to them it gives you a message 

Sorry, new to the whole forum thing

Sorry, new to the whole forum thing

its fine we dont expect you to know everything :P 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

its fine we dont expect you to know everything :P

Aprreciate the love <3

Anyway, just emailed intel requesting RMA, we'll see what happens.

Aprreciate the love <3

Anyway, just emailed intel requesting RMA, we'll see what happens.

I guess Intel will respond something like: "It works, no point in RMAing it." :/

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

is the pump running at full speed?

yes, as i said earlier

Had the same issue with mine. I found the back plate of the CPU cooler was not tight on the motherboard. I bought some rubber o-rings and placed them on the part where they touch the motherboard. This allowed the block to be tighten properly and dropped my temps heavily.

I used size (5/16th O.D. x 3/16" I.D. x 1/16") o-rings, also found them at Lowe's Home improvement

Just like this - ( picture from this build - http://linustechtips...nd-a-small-mod/  )

post-955-0-75889100-1397748942_thumb.jpg

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks 

Had the same issue with mine. I found the back plate of the CPU cooler was not tight on the motherboard. I bought some rubber o-rings and placed them on the part where they touch the motherboard. This allowed the block to be tighten properly and dropped my temps heavily.

I used size (5/16th O.D. x 3/16" I.D. x 1/16") o-rings, also found them at Lowe's Home improvement

Just like this - ( picture from this build - http://linustechtips...nd-a-small-mod/  )

post-955-0-75889100-1397748942_thumb.jpg

I have just added some rubber washers.

It appears to have worked. load temps are now in the low 60s