I couldn't do it...

BustinJustin

Yesterday, I went to a comic book/gaming store in White Hall (Pine Bluff) Arkansas, which is the best closest place I can go, with the intent of buying either a Wii U or Xbone. I do have a PC that I game on and it is capable of running most modern games at 1080p high settings.

They had both new and used versions of of the Xbone and a used Wii U. To make a long story short, I chose the used Xbone for $369 (with Kinect, controller, whatevs) and use the money I saved on games.

When the cashier told me the total was $512 and some change, I took the money out of my wallet and handed it over. Then it hit me. The deepest regret ever. He had my change out in his hand and I was like "Man, I changed my mind."

I was so sure until I let go of the money. Then I knew that I really didn't want it.

I game on my PC. I have a Roku for Netflix and stuff. I don't even have TV service. I couldn't let myself spend that much money on something that is so unnecessary. If I had friends who came over all the time or that had Xbones and I could play with online, it may have been a different story.

If you can come up with reasons why I should buy one, I'll listen and consider.

If it can mean anything to anybody at any time, it means nothing.

you shouldn't if you want a next gen console go with the PS4 it has better specs!

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

There are some cases when Consoles > PC, like when mates come over to watch the footy, we play FIFA at halftime on the PS4. PC really can't do that. Plus some of my favourite games (yes you MLB The Show) are only on console, so....yeah, gotta cough up the dough.

you shouldn't if you want a next gen console go with the PS4 it has better specs!

I know it has better specs but I like the Xbone's software features better.

Was there any aspect of the Xbone that made you buy it? I feel like the current gen consoles were a disappointment. I preferred my experiences with my PS1/PS2 than with any other console. I don't care about the whole "PC > Console" idea. I feel like Consoles are taking a much more online approach to gaming (as we see through the lack of split screen games) and that could be done a PC for free. I miss the fun local co-op games on the PS2, such as Champions of Norrath and Def Jam. It doesn't seem like a console for playing locally now.

I'd get a Wii U. PS4 and Xbone are both low-mid end PCs with a handful of exclusives that to me don't justify the cost considering they don't offer anything else that you couldn't do with a PC of the same price, or the PC you already have. The Wii U is a different approach and isn't really comparable with PC gaming in any way so it me it's the only console that justifies its own existence.

Reasons.

1. Exclusive games.
  2. You can play your games, then trade them in.

What do you think the reason was that stopped you from buying??

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Reasons.

1. Exclusive games.
  2. You can play your games, then trade them in.

What do you think the reason was that stopped you from buying??

What stopped me from buying it was letting go of $500 when I have a perfectly good PC at home to play games. I could spend that money on upgrades...which I can't bring myself to do either since all my games run great. Like I said before, if I had friends who also played on Xbone, I may have bought it.

I was a PS3 guy before I built a PC. I do love all the PS3 excluseives, especailly God of War, Ratchet and Clank, and Uncharted.

The only console I would buy is the WiiU. You have a gaming PC, so the only thing you should care about if exclusives.

/EDIT: As I was writing this, I realised that WiiU is not the console I would buy.

I would get a PS Vita. Good games and pretty good for portability, unlike a gaming PC. Don't buy something you already have.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

You should buy it if you want it, you obviously don't so you shouldn't. In terms of reasons why I think they are both worth it -

I personally have a PC for cross platform games and indies, an Xbox One as my entertainment centre. I like how the Xbox One ties together everything into a single ecosystem - whether I'm watching TV, Netflix, a Bluray, I can always receive a game invite and jump right in, play a quick round of Killer Instinct in an advertisement break. Voice controlling everything with my voice has become totally second nature to me as well.

On the side of the Wii U, it has Nintendo games which are always going to be among the best, and the Gamepad making it essentially a "home handheld". You can play full games with proper controls while your other half watches TV or whatever. I'm planning on getting one soon.

They both offer something PC doesn't. The PS4, on the other hand, so far does not. It's less powerful than my PC and doesn't gave enough exclusives to justify itself. It's one I'll be picking up in a couple of years when the catalogue fills up.

Wii U .... different way to play games and allows you to play some decent old Wii games.  It also has some very nice looking graphics despite what people say about the machine that have actually never tried it.  I played Donkey Kong Tropical Breeze on it the other day as a rental and it was gorgeous and loads of fun.  The water details were outstanding btw.  In regards to really good games for the system ... Lego City Undercover (Bruce Willis style/GTA style game) and Rayman Legends, which of course is best on the Wii U with it being made to use the tablet game pad with it.

You should have gotten the Wii U op.  Just my two cents.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

If you don't have friends that play in the platform and you don't have interest in the exclusives/exclusive content then don't get it. Goes with ps4, wiiu, and even PC. I personally got an Xbox one because my friends play on it and I'm happy with the purchase. Im going to get a ps4 when there's more games on it because I also have friends that game on that platform.

I game on my PC. I have a Roku for Netflix and stuff. I don't even have TV service. I couldn't let myself spend that much money on something that is so unnecessary. If I had friends who came over all the time or that had Xbones and I could play with online, it may have been a different story.

Why are you considering purchasing one then? Do you just want to buy something new? Buy another monitor (you can never have enough monitors ;)), a mechanical keyboard, or build a small HTPC instead.

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

I bought an Xbone off Craigslist for 400 with a couple of games and don't regret it. If I'm really interested in a game, I'll get it for PC. But something like Need for Speed, I enjoy more on the Xbox, and there are some exclusives. I'm sure Halo 5 won't be on PC. Also Netflix and Youtube are so much faster/better quality going thought the Xbox than the TV.

I'm on LinusTechTips so don't hate me. I love upgrading and building new PCs (Witcher 3) but a console still has a purpose for now.

Yesterday, I went to a comic book/gaming store in White Hall (Pine Bluff) Arkansas, which is the best closest place I can go, with the intent of buying either a Wii U or Xbone. I do have a PC that I game on and it is capable of running most modern games at 1080p high settings.

They had both new and used versions of of the Xbone and a used Wii U. To make a long story short, I chose the used Xbone for $369 (with Kinect, controller, whatevs) and use the money I saved on games.

When the cashier told me the total was $512 and some change, I took the money out of my wallet and handed it over. Then it hit me. The deepest regret ever. He had my change out in his hand and I was like "Man, I changed my mind."

I was so sure until I let go of the money. Then I knew that I really didn't want it.

Most of the time when you're buying a console, you are looking at a handful of exclusive games that you'd want to buy and play. This is why I shelled out over $500 for my PS3 8 years ago, because I was ready to trade up and play GTA 4 and some other games I saw at E3.

Sure Xbone and PS4 have some nice bells and whistles, but what makes them ultimately worth it is the games. There are some games on them that aren't on PC, such as Dead Rising 3 and Infamous: Second Son. And even though they're not exclusive console titles, Watch Dogs and The Division looked amazing at E3. Check the games first and see if any catch your eye.

Gaming/Editing PC: AMD FX-8350 | CM Seidon 120V Liquid Cooler | Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600| Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE | PNY XLR8 240GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Corsair 600W ATX Semi-Modular PSU | Thermaltake Chaser A71 | LG 25UM64-S 25.0" 2560 x 1080 Display | CM Storm Devastator Gaming Keyboard & Mouse

One reason and only one reason. Luigi said. Do you really want to mess with Luigi?

Seriously though, look at the exclusives. If you're into Mario, Zelda, Metriod, Halo, Gears, Forza, Uncharted, God of War or Little Big Planet you know the answer already. If you only care about the stuffs guys like EA or Ubisoft make then you also know the answer.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Exclusives are about the only good reason (And this is mostly an argument in favor of Sony and Nintendo). The only other swaying factor would probably be PS Plus for the Playstation family. Or how much you value couch play (Which is seeing a resurgence in some aspects, though honestly, most of those same games do end up on Steam).

Other than that, you probably shouldn't spend money on something you don't need.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

I would definitely buy a Wii U. I had one shortly after launch, but I got rid of it b/c of the lack of good games.