Nexus 4 cracked screen

Thalandros

Heya. I've been using my Nexus 4 without any significant scratches for about a year now. Whenever I use it at home I like not to use any covers because it feels much better to use. I was having dinner and I didn't realise how loose it sat in my pocket, and fell out, vertically, on the stone floor from about 30CM/a feet high. A small amount of the backscreen is cracked but about a CM of the front of the screen is scratched. (bottom left corner) Even though I don't have ANY scratches on the bottom right or middle right, I can't use ANY of the back, home, or applications buttons at all. Anything else works fine, even something that is half a centimeter above these three buttons.

I'm assuming I can't send my device in for warranty, so what should I do? I've looked online and I really cannot afford €140,- of repair costs at the moment for a repair of the screen, it's just too much especially for that small of a scratch. :/

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844

White text + White background = Bad

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

i stared at this for a minute until i realised its white text, and not just blank

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

i stared at this for a minute until i realised its white text, and not just blank

Yeah, sorry. I quoted it from another forum where I also posted it, and apparently the BBcode made it black. I use the night-version of LTT, so I didn't realise. :P

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1

see if you can get a replacement screen on ebay and swap it yourself.

Night theme master race

filthy day theme peasants

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Night theme master race

may the lord GabeN decide what the best theme is. praise GabeN

on topic:

i would watch some youtube vids about replacing the display, and see if you would be able to do that.

if you would, im sure you can find some cheap ones on ebay

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Night theme master race

I didn't even realise there was a night theme.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

on topic:

i would watch some youtube vids about replacing the display, and see if you would be able to do that.

The cheapest I can find is ~65$, not including import costs. :/ I'm very very very unhandy so I might try and watch some videos but I'll most likely mess up if I even try.

Is that really the only solution? A completely new screen? I've dropped it ONCE and it's just a small crack, and it's broken. I have friends who drop their phone every couple months and they're perfectly usable (although look completely dead).. :/

Another thing I've noticed is that I can seriously use EVERYTHING on screen, except these three buttons. The crack doesn't seem to impact these..?

I love StarCraft

on topic:

GabeN choose dark theme. HAVE YOU SEEN STEAM? 

Welp .. this has happened to my fauther twice now , 140$ Cad for repairs .Not great

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

The cheapest I can find is ~65$, not including import costs. :/ I'm very very very unhandy so I might try and watch some videos but I'll most likely mess up if I even try.

Is that really the only solution? A completely new screen? I've dropped it ONCE and it's just a small crack, and it's broken. I have friends who drop their phone every couple months and they're perfectly usable (although look completely dead).. :/

Another thing I've noticed is that I can seriously use EVERYTHING on screen, except these three buttons. The crack doesn't seem to impact these..?

im sorry, thats the only real way to fix it

GabeN choose dark theme. HAVE YOU SEEN STEAM? 

aye. i shall burn forever. i guess il have to use dark theme in that case.