HD 6990 owners unite (and watchdogs problems)

hiyayhi

Just wondering if I'm the only person with a HD 6990 left. surely someone else has one? No?

Also, I think it is a problem with the graphics card, Watchdogs does not launch. It loads the Ubisoft logo and then starts loading the screen that says that the games saves automatically and so on and then just hangs.

Not sure if that is just me or if it is the game just flat out refuses to work with the good ole 6990. Its not the driver, I installed the latest one after trying an old one first. And it is not the resolution, it starts in 720p for some reason.

So HD6990 owners, do you exist?

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

There are a few if I remember correctly

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

There are a few if I remember correctly

None on this forum apparently...

I actually would want a 6990, since it is better then my GPU, the 7990 though, is still my fav

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Just wondering if I'm the only person with a HD 6990 left. surely someone else has one? No?

Also, I think it is a problem with the graphics card, Watchdogs does not launch. It loads the Ubisoft logo and then starts loading the screen that says that the games saves automatically and so on and then just hangs.

Not sure if that is just me or if it is the game just flat out refuses to work with the good ole 6990. Its not the driver, I installed the latest one after trying an old one first. And it is not the resolution, it starts in 720p for some reason.

So HD6990 owners, do you exist?

I always wondered how that GPU performs in games. Do you have any benchmarks with your card? Can you show us? How good is it? How much fps do you get in games on 1080p? Which equivalent is it to Nvidia cards? I know I asked lots of questions, I'm just curious about 6990 :)

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I always wondered how that GPU performs in games. Do you have any benchmarks with your card? Can you show us? How good is it? How much fps do you get in games on 1080p? Which equivalent is it to Nvidia cards? I know I asked lots of questions, I'm just curious about 6990 :)

Well I don't, and never have played at 1080p with it. I play at 1440p in all of my games, I generally have to run newer games at medium to get a constant 60 in games like BF4, when I played BF3 I played on ultra. It runs pretty hot, sucks a bunch of power, it trades blows with the GTX 590 (pretty much EXACTLY the same).

I don't have any benchmarks of the card but I should probably make some, I found it impossible to find any benches of the card when I bought it. I would suggest though that anyone looking to buy one now, don't. there are better things for the money. and crossfire issues exist. Frame stutter is a thing.

Anything I missed?

And it looks like my suspicions were correct, the HD 6990 DOES NOT work with watchdogs, article here on Ubisoft's forums.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/882615-Watchdogs-crashes-at-loading-screen-with-3-coloured-items?p=9994414

Well I don't, and never have played at 1080p with it. I play at 1440p in all of my games, I generally have to run newer games at medium to get a constant 60 in games like BF4, when I played BF3 I played on ultra. It runs pretty hot, sucks a bunch of power, it trades blows with the GTX 590 (pretty much EXACTLY the same).

I don't have any benchmarks of the card but I should probably make some, I found it impossible to find any benches of the card when I bought it. I would suggest though that anyone looking to buy one now, don't. there are better things for the money. and crossfire issues exist. Frame stutter is a thing.

Anything I missed?

Oh okay. If you decide to make some benchmarks, just let us know & it will be cool if you do on 1080p too. Just wonder how it gonna perform on games like Tomb Raider, Hitman Absolution, Sniper Elite...

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Oh okay. If you decide to make some benchmarks, just let us know & it will be cool if you do on 1080p too. Just wonder how it gonna perform on games like Tomb Raider, Hitman Absolution, Sniper Elite...

Lol could you name any more games I don't own?

Lol could you name any more games I don't own?

Metro: Last Light, Thief, Resident Evil 6? :D

Metro: Last Light, Thief, Resident Evil 6? :D

lol yup. Hit the nail on the head.

I don't own any of those either.

From what I've heard, some multi-gpu solutions from AMD are still not supported. You'll have to wait for an other driver update. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

I dont know about dual gpu cards, but is it possible to disable one core and running single gpu ?

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

7990 owner checking in. Game works but I get terrible framerates. I'm going to try to disable crossfire and see if that helps any. 

7990 owner checking in. Game works but I get terrible framerates. I'm going to try to disable crossfire and see if that helps any. 

Good to know. Looks like the problem is just with HD 6xxxx series cards in crossfire. I can't work out how to disable crossfire though.

After some reading it looks like our cards are permanently in crossfire on a hardware level. Nothing to do now but sit back and wait for a new driver. 

this is a solution ....gamerprofile !!!

<GamerProfile bFirstUplayBoot="1" bFirstMPBoot="1" bNeverShowUplayFlow="0" bAskAgainLaterToS="0">
    <SoundProfile MusicEnabled="1" GlobalVolume="100" MusicVolume="100" LicencedMusicVolume="100" SFXVolume="100" VoiceVolume="100" AutoplayMusicInVehicles="1" VoiceChatEnabled="1" VoiceChatPlaybackVolume="50" />
    <RenderProfile PCCustomTextureQuality="medium" PCCustomAntialiasingQuality="fxaa" RAWCPUScore="1789.86" AlphaToCoverage="0" ResolutionX="1920" ResolutionY="1080" Quality="_runtime" QualityEditor="pc_editor" WindowMode="2" WindowPosX="-1" WindowPosY="-1" Force16_9="1" ForceWidescreen="0" WidescreenFOV="0" OutputScalingFactor="1" AspectRatio="0" VSync="1" MaxPrerenderedFrames="3" RefreshRate="60" MaxDriverBufferedFrames="0" ShowFPS="0" IsCalibrationSetup="1" ClustersZPassMaxLOD="1" NewBrightness="1" Contrast_v3="1" NewGammaRamp="1" GammaRampR="1" GammaRampG="1" GammaRampB="1" AllowAsynchShaderLoading="1">
        <CustomQuality>
            <quality ResolutionX="1280" ResolutionY="720" EnvironmentQuality="medium" AntiPortalQuality="pc" PostFxQuality="medium" TextureQuality="pc" TextureResolutionQuality="medium" WaterQuality="medium" ParaboloidReflectionQuality="medium" DepthPassQuality="pc" VegetationQuality="medium" TerrainQuality="medium" GeometryQuality="medium" LodDitheringQuality="pc" ShadowQuality="high" ShadingQuality="medium" RoadQuality="pc" EditorQuality="pc" ParticlesQuality="medium" DeferredFxQuality="console" HDR="1" SuperSampling="0" HighPrecisionNormal="1" RenderSplashes="1" RenderRain="0" MotionBlurQuality="off" SSAOQuality="off" DepthOfFieldQuality="off" AntiAliasingQuality="fxaa" id="_runtime" />
        </CustomQuality>
    </RenderProfile>
    <NetworkProfile EnableNatTraversal="1" VoiceChatEnabled="1" OnlineEnginePort="9000" OnlineServicePort="9001" LanHostBroadcastPort="9004" LanClientBroadcastPort="9005" ScanFreePorts="1" ScanPortRange="1000" ScanPortStart="9000" />
    <GameProfile Sensitivity="1" MouseLookSensitivityX="40" MouseLookSensitivityY="40" MouseInvertX="0" MouseInvertY="0" UseMouseSmooth="0" Smoothness="0" Sprint_UseToggle="0" Stroll_UseToggle="0" Gamepad_vibration="1" UseCompassMiniMap="1" UseRoadSignHilight="1" UseSubtitles="1" UseReticle="1" UseWaypoint="1" UseHintsAndTutorial="1" UsePdaNotification="1" UseMinimap="1" UseDynamicMission="1" UseItemAndRewards="1" UseMissionUpdate="1" UseFelony="1" UseEquipmentAndTools="1" UseAmbx="0" DifficultyLevel="1" IEn="1" NeutralFireEnabled="0" FriendlyFireEnabled="0" selGamepadControlScheme="0" CameraSpeedCoefficient="1" CameraSensitivityCoefficient="1" CameraInvertX="0" CameraInvertY="0" selAimAssist="1" selDifficulty="1">
        <FireConfig QualitySetting="VeryHigh" />
        <AutoConsoleCommands />
    </GameProfile>
    <RealTreeProfile />
    <EngineProfile>
        <PhysicConfig QualitySetting="Medium" />
    </EngineProfile>
    <ControlMapProfile>
        <Action_Hack Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$F500AE27" />
        <Action_Interact Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$EFDA7A5A" />
        <Tool_Profiler Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$62D277AF" />
        <Tool_Focus Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$B986C337" />
        <Tool_Smartphone Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$9FB08ED5" />
        <Map_Open Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$E101F268" />
        <SetWaypoint Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$8CDC1683" />
        <Inventory_Open Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$73E3430C" />
        <Inventory_EquipPrimary Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$83DCEFB7" />
        <Inventory_EquipSecondary Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$1AD5BE0D" />
        <Inventory_EquipTertiary Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$6DD28E9B" />
        <Inventory_EquipSpecial Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$F3B61B38" />
        <Inventory_CycleProjectiles Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$84B12BAE" />
        <Nav_Up Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$1C630B12" />
        <Nav_Down Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$1B0ECF0B" />
        <Nav_Left Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$E8B7BE43" />
        <Nav_Right Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$98DD4ACC" />
        <Nav_Stroll Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$8781A73E" />
        <Nav_Sprint Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$ADDDA2DA" />
        <Nav_Climb Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$2972C13A" />
        <Nav_EnterCover Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$06B9DF6F" />
        <Nav_ExitCover Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$6B643B84" />
        <Combat_DrawWeapon Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$856A5AA8" />
        <Combat_Aim Device="%$AF35B6ED" Control="%$FF6C09FF" />
        <Combat_Shoot Device="%$AF35B6ED" Control="%$2B2D3620" />
        <Combat_Projectile Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$01D41B76" />
        <Combat_Takedown Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$76D32BE0" />
        <Combat_Reload Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$6C09FF9D" />
        <Vehicle_Accelerate Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$1C630B12" />
        <Vehicle_Brake Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$1B0ECF0B" />
        <Vehicle_SteerLeft Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$E8B7BE43" />
        <Vehicle_SteerRight Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$98DD4ACC" />
        <Vehicle_ChangeCam Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$06B9DF6F" />
        <Vehicle_RadioOnOff Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$71BEEFF9" />
        <Vehicle_RadioSkip Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$7808A3D2" />
        <Vehicle_Handbrake Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$2972C13A" />
        <Vehicle_LookBack Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$ADDDA2DA" />
        <Vehicle_Horn Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$8781A73E" />
        <Vehicle_HideInCar Device="%$646CA0E7" Control="%$76D32BE0" />
    </ControlMapProfile>
    <AlternateControlMapProfile>
        <Action_Hack Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Action_Interact Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Tool_Profiler Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Tool_Focus Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Tool_Smartphone Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Map_Open Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <SetWaypoint Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Inventory_Open Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Inventory_EquipPrimary Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Inventory_EquipSecondary Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Inventory_EquipTertiary Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Inventory_EquipSpecial Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Inventory_CycleProjectiles Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Nav_Up Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Nav_Down Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Nav_Left Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Nav_Right Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Nav_Stroll Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Nav_Sprint Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Nav_Climb Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Nav_EnterCover Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Nav_ExitCover Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Combat_DrawWeapon Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Combat_Aim Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Combat_Shoot Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Combat_Projectile Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Combat_Takedown Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Combat_Reload Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Vehicle_Accelerate Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Vehicle_Brake Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Vehicle_SteerLeft Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Vehicle_SteerRight Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Vehicle_ChangeCam Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Vehicle_RadioOnOff Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Vehicle_RadioSkip Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Vehicle_Handbrake Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Vehicle_LookBack Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Vehicle_Horn Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
        <Vehicle_HideInCar Device="%$FFFFFFFF" Control="%$FFFFFFFF" />
    </AlternateControlMapProfile>
</GamerProfile>

GamerProfile.xml

GamerProfile.xml

Another 6990 Owner here. Watch dogs is not working at all. The game is lacking Sli and crossfire support, the HD 6990 got crossfire enabled in its hardware. 
As for how its performing I am also a 1440p gamer but I run BF4 Ultra settings with 2xAA and Medium shadows (I feel like the card don't like shadows idk why) 
I run CSGO stable 299fps and crysis 3 on High to Ultra with medium shadows. Its a great card and have been loyal for a long time now. But there is a few drawbacks: god its hot and noisy. 
The card was have been at a 90 to 95*C under load. And it sounds like a jet when firing up its fan. I feel its time for me to retire this card soon. But it has been a good companion and it still preforms like a boss. But I honestly want a card that does not sound as a leafblower and that does not have Onboard hardware crossfire or sli. Hoping the new Nvidia line comes soon because im going for a much more silent build now.