Opinion on watch dogs

Halbo

What do you guys think of watch dogs..?

Should I pick it up?

If you can run everywhere in that game sure. Driving makes me puke.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Its awesome!!!!!!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

What's so bad? I think it's actually pretty nice driving. More arcade-style crashes without much damage, but still very good.

Install just ended, I'll tell you what I think in a few hours, if it runs smoothly...

The driving is meh, it's does what it needs to do, but it isn't something I'd be spending my time playing around with in the game. If it was more realistic handling wise I'd be happy. Nothing comes close to the driving in GTA:IV though.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

Give it a week so you dont frustrate yourself with getting it to work. ive managed about 3 hrs of gameplay so far and i enjoying it.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

What's so bad? I think it's actually pretty nice driving. More arcade-style crashes without much damage, but still very good.

Cars impossible to crash, every little shit car has 3000 kW of power, feels like a tank.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Cars impossible to crash, every little shit car has 3000 kW of power, feels like a tank.

Yeah, they have way too much power at launch. I tap the accelerator and I'm immediately doing burnouts.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

I like it. I just wish uplay wasn't so shitty. I wish it was better optimized for AMD cards. I have a 7990 and get very low FPS on Ultra and only gain MAYBE 5 max going to low. That's complete bullshit. 

I just posted my experience but man the game engine really sucks at downscaling textures!  If you're only planning to run at 1080p on ultra be prepared to be dissapointed, just do a custom resolution for 2560x1440 and run it on high and at least dark colors will actually be light to dark shades of grey and all the way up to black, with 1080p I've noticed that it's a medium-light grey.    

The game itself is a blast, do yourself a favor and at least try the game. 

@Psykomantis00 - I do here you man and this is one reason why I stay with Nvidia just because of this shit, it's either optimized or it's not and even unoptimized games for Nvidia run great but not the other way around and I wish developers would try and create an equal experience between amd and nvidia even if some features like txaa, physX, are not on AMD(PhysX will work but I only recommend it with dual cpus...) and still have a great experience regardless of cards.  But what really gripes me is that you actually need a high end card for this game, and it also sucks that you need 6gb of vram for Ultra but that's to be expected I guess.  I can't wait to get 2x titan blacks this year for my new build but thankfully I can still use my 680 until then "game still looks great even at high and amazing at night". 

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

The driving reminds me of TDU2 Unlimited. I would have preferred it to be closer to the one of GTA IV myself. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/158537-pc-version-watch-dogs-review-by-thalandros/ Just posted a review. I like it. It's not brilliant, but it's good and recommended for those who can run it without too much problems and like open world games.

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844

I like it. I just wish uplay wasn't so shitty. I wish it was better optimized for AMD cards. I have a 7990 and get very low FPS on Ultra and only gain MAYBE 5 max going to low. That's complete bullshit. 

That's really weird, sure it's the drivers/AMD cards in general? I'm running quite an old HD 6950 and get 50 FPS on everything medium, 60 if I put anything lower. 

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844

PC controls are truly, truly awful. Even with the mouse fix thing Polygon mentioned I'm finding it ruining the experience for me. I've only played an hour so far so it's way too early to cast judgement, but it hasn't been a good hour of my life.

The game itself is extremely good. Performance wise it's fiddled with issues. Wait at least one more driver update before getting it. At this point there is no point of playing it with all the stuttering. Driving mechanics suck though.

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

It's going for more fun than realistic. I can get behind that. But some cars do feel REALLY slow. But yes, they're all supertanks. You can even ram other cars with the motorcycles. I guess it's just that there's so much traffic, that a car that crashed easily would force you to drive slowly, ruining the fun.

PC controls are truly, truly awful. Even with the mouse fix thing Polygon mentioned I'm finding it ruining the experience for me. I've only played an hour so far so it's way too early to cast judgement, but it hasn't been a good hour of my life.

This is one of those games that is a breeze to play on controller. It's no question.

This is one of those games that is a breeze to play on controller. It's no question.

Yea, this game was made for controller. Navigating the menu system with a mouse and k/b is horrible. It forces me to use plebbox controllers. 

Yea, this game was made for controller. Navigating the menu system with a mouse and k/b is horrible. It forces me to use plebbox controllers.

I actually really like the xbox controller. I'll be vocally abused by this, but even for many FPSs, I hate keyboard and mouse.

I like a controller for driving games. FPS or third person shooters I prefer keyboard and mouse. Aiming on a controller feels silly and sloppy.