And the "AAA Industry" disappoints us, AGAIN! GG, Ubisoft, GG!

So I looked a bit into the world of WATCH_DOGS>>>> thru other people's eyes. What I saw the last day, and this day about the Watch Dog(e)s, you know what I'm doing here right?

post-31974-0-98160600-1401223726.jpg

Was just a diassapointing and unfinished product. What I expected from a company that had a good reputation and still has it, is, a more polished product. As the Ubisoft staff said themselves:

"We are postponing this game because whenever we looked we all saw the same thing (unfinished product) so we want to improve the game"

And when they said that, I really, really, and once again, REALLY, believed them. It was just a beLIEf. So this is a post that shows everything that is wrong with AAA industry, or so they call it, and the game that i'm mentioning here. Sorry Ubisoft, you dissapointed me.

Now what i'm going to say about this game is all TRUTH, and this isn't supposed to be BULL****ing by some 12 year old, many people that read this will either agree or say that this has already been posted (i hate that).

Firstly: The Unoptimization of the game

The game Isn't optimized, actually, not in any way possible. The thing that they called polishing is probably making Aiden's shoe shinier. NO ONE CARES FOR THAT. WE WANT PERFORMANCE. I wanted to buy an AMD R9 265 OC Edition to play every game, and when the mighty WATCH_DOGS>>>> came out i had to change ALL MY COMPUTER BUILDING PLANS (please note ,that, that will be my first build)

So lets first say that  Jason Evan Gelho did a benchmark on this game on Forbes.com, and it will blow your Brains and Balls equally strong.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/05/26/watch-dogs-pc-benchmark-results-multiple-amd-and-nvidia-cards-tested/

So if you go and view that, you'll first see that there isn't barely any difference between R9 280X and R9 290X, and that CROSSFIRE/SLI scaling is none, I kinda expected this with AMD cards, but since they worked with NVIDIA, why?

Second: Weird Graphics Options

Suprise, huh? No, not in any way, the lowest AO option (MHBAO which is a console half resolution AO) compares and looks better than HBAO+ (imo). HBAO+ High just makes everything a lot more darker, but MHBAO removes that darkness, but still EMBOSSES lots of elements ingame to make it look realistic.

So also there is almost no difference between FXAA and 2xMSAA. Yep, And in every option there is no difference between ULTRA and HIGH but it degrades performance alot!

Third: Graphics don't look amazing in any way

On full ultra you can see things Pop in into the distance? What, we're in 2002 here? Decreasing texture quality actually can remove full polygons and most of the times you can see jaggies everywhere, and i don't need to say that foliage looks like a chewed then puked green sh!T.

Fourth: No Multiple GPU's Scaling

Fifth: Stuck with NVIDIA!

It's really complicated for ME to explain it, but someone already posted it on the forums. And here's the link:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/05/26/why-watch-dogs-is-bad-news-for-amd-users-and-potentially-the-entire-pc-gaming-ecosystem/

Sixth: Stuck with UPLAY!

We have right to use anything we want.. To play games with any software on any platform? Throw that out of the window and add UPLAY, you're forced to have it, just because Ubisoft wants you because it's their software. So why should it be yours? Many people won't give two fuc.. I meant firetrucks about this, but seriously?

AND THE FINAL THING THAT MADE US BELIEVE THAT WATCH DOGS WILL BE ONE OF A KIND TITLE (story wise and component wise it is, this isn't COD ffs) THE TITLE THAT WOULD THROW ALL THESE BAD THINGS OUT OF THE WINDOW, WAS BULLSHIT MARKETING...

Compare the 2012 trailer with the 2014 trailer, and you will see a huge degradation in quality over the past years. Isn't the title needing to be IMPROVED by how the time goes forward? FK THAT, UBISOFT MUST DO IT THE OTHER WAY. Top to the Bottom.

So if you preordered, you got a half finished product that was even up to this day, even if it was delayed, rushed to market, and even with delaying, it wasn't optimized, and when you preorder, you support the developer for doing the same thing over and over again. So never preorder, and never buy the game as soon as it comes out! You people, just got trolled!

post-31974-0-98160600-1401223726.jpg

Got something that bothered you in the post? You agree with something from here? Lemme know

BY WANTING THE GAME TOO MUCH, YOU SUPPORT THE DEVELOPER, AND RUIN THE AAA INDUSTRY, WANT THEM TO GIVE YOU A UNFINISHED PRODUCT, LETS SHOW THEM, THAT, WE DON'T WANT THAT. WE WANT TO BE HAPPY ABOUT OUR GAMES!

post-31974-0-10919300-1401223770.jpg

i stopped being surprised by this since around 2007

didnt even bother buying bf4

sick and tired of all this BS

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I personally didn't really care for WD, BF3/4 is more of my thing or fps third person.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

your sixth problem can be solved as watchdogs is also available on steam...

Bought it today. Frame rate drops to like 10 fps on Ultra with a GTX 780 and a i7 4770k(?) mouse acceleration has made it unusable so I've had to play with a controller.

Don't even get me started on uPlay. Worked fine with AC4 yesterday. Now after downloading watchdogs it crashes a hell of a lot, and won't even sign me in. Also nVidia's 'Watch Dogs' drivers have crashed twice in the last 2 hours.

What a disappointment.

"BY MITCH DYERUplay will be required for the PC version of Watch Dogs, Ubisoft has confirmed to IGN.

"Like some of our other AAA releases, including Far Cry 3, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag," a Ubisoft representative told us, "Watch Dogs will be available on Steam and will leverage Uplay to support the games services."

Best settings for this game!

EVERYTHING TO HIGH! (Shadows you can set to ultra (for sharp shadows) or high for soft shadows)

You can set shaders to Medium if you want a darker game.

Set the AA to FXAA, there really isn't any differences between AA's, but this one is lightest of them all.

And finally which will save you 15 fps, set your AO to MHBAO!

LOL I can't log into Uplay to download the game. -10/10 would not buy again. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

"BY MITCH DYERUplay will be required for the PC version of Watch Dogs, Ubisoft has confirmed to IGN.

"Like some of our other AAA releases, including Far Cry 3, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag," a Ubisoft representative told us, "Watch Dogs will be available on Steam and will leverage Uplay to support the games services."

still it is better to have the game on steam

Available through Steam but it comes with dram and you must install uPlay too.

LOL I can't log into Uplay to download the game. -10/10 would not buy again. 

that leads us to the eight fact which relates to bullshit marketing. TOO MUCH HYPE, because this game was so much hyped many people logged on at the same time and crashed the servers... Dissapointment.

Yeahhh,, I read the Verge's review of it and they were unimpressed with the gameplay more than anything else.. They came to the conclusion that it was pretty much a generic GTA clone, just with "hacking"-based QTEs.

Far Cry 3 is "on Steam", but it both forces you to download Uplay and it launches Uplay every time you launch the game.. This will most likely be the same..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Yeahhh,, I read the Verge's review of it and they were unimpressed with the gameplay more than anything else.. They came to the conclusion that it was pretty much a generic GTA clone, just with "hacking"-based QTEs.

Far Cry 3 is "on Steam", but it both forces you to download Uplay and it launches Uplay every time you launch the game.. This will most likely be the same..

And there goes my whole review into the one sentence, thanks mate ;)

So guys, let's turn this one a hottie. What do you think about watchdogs, and the AAA industry? Linus could even get in here :D

Watch_Dogs is worse than i thought... It looks so cheap.

Ubisoft really wasted money on marketing.

Please Rockstar... Do a good job on GTA V for PC.

So guys, let's turn this one a hottie. What do you think about watchdogs, and the AAA industry? Linus could even get in here :D

Going back to my indie games...

Watch_Dogs is worse than i thought... It looks so cheap.

Ubisoft really wasted money on marketing.

Please Rockstar... Do a good job on GTA V for PC.

Even graphics on PS3 look good for that game!

Wohohohoho mate, i noticed Illuminati in the game, haha xD, pathetic, go into the game or 101 trailer and look at that short haired girl's chest, the triangle and the eye, so classic.

I also see many posts regarding RivaTuner and Dxtory not working with the game........

Such disappointment everywhere

Just like when GTA4 came to PC

The AAA industry is ruined, that's not new

I'm sick and tired of this bullshit I just want to play something nice to justify myself the point of building my rig

I have to admit that, even if i absolutely hate consoles, i'm playing Watch_Dogs right now on my 360. I don't fucking care about resolution or graphics, i just wanna play the damn game, and it's playable.

This is why I always reserve my judgement on a game until I actually play it instead of buying in to BS marketing and jumping onto hype trains 2-3 years before it's released. 

Seriously. This shit is preached all over the place, then when a game comes around with slightly sub-par graphics compared to the current competition, everyone goes full on hypocrite. 

I play this on low and I still love the living shit out of it.

I think if the game was revealed with the 2014 graphics back in 2012 then people wouldn't have been so angry. 

The problem is that we were originally promised this gorgeous "next-gen" looking game and then when it was time to deliver, we were given a downgraded mess. You could almost call it false advertising. 

I think if the game was revealed with the 2014 graphics back in 2012 then people wouldn't have been so angry. 

The problem is that we were originally promised this gorgeous "next-gen" looking game and then when it was time to deliver, we were given a downgraded mess. You could almost call it false advertising. 

thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis

Anyone who expected anything good from this game should have their money taken from them.

We live in the age of entertainment where you don't have to have any substance or standards, you just need the few minutes of bullshit that will draw people in whilst you siphon the money from their pockets.

A movie can be absolutely horrid but still rake in millions on it's opening weekend, we live in an age where we hype things up to be incredibly more than what they are so people will go out and buy these products and pre-order them without even seeing the product in true form. We get all these trailers and gameplay previews from the developers but these would be picked with a fine tooth comb by marketing teams to make sure that we see the 'best' and we get this idea in our heads that the entire game would be like that. Not to fucking mention pre-rendered trailers which are fucking pointless but people still buy into them like fucking retards.

The gaming industry and the entire entertainment business as a whole is a bloody joke and I can't wait until I get my hands on a nuclear bomb because I'm sick of stupid people living on my planet.

/end rant

*cough*

it can't be as bad as the BF4 release, that takes real effort. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT?