Internet speed

I pay for 60Mb but I get a 10th of that most of the time, which is 6Mb.

Why?

post-82500-0-54903800-1401193268_thumb.j

post-82500-0-54903800-1401193268_thumb.j

60mbps = 6mb per second.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Welcome to the world of being screwed by the cable company what you actually think they will give you what you pay for hell no. (That is if you pay for 60MB not 60mbps)

8 bits  = 1 Byte 
60Mbps = 60/8 MBps = 7,5 MBps

and that nvidia update does not show your actual speed, data must be compressed as i had same download speed with 50 Mbps

GPU: MSI GTX 770 gaming || CPU: Intel 4670k @ 4.4Ghz || RAM: 4x4GB 1600mhz Corsair vengeance pro || MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming || CPU cooler: Corsair H105 || PSU: Corsair RM650 || SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, Crucial M4 128GB || Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 || Monitor: ASUS PA238Q

I pay for 100/50 and get max of 102/53

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

You get an 8th of that most of the time. As others have said, ISPs measure speed in bits whereas most people see a speed in bytes and assume their being ripped off. B = bytes. b = bits. There are 8 bits in every byte. If that speed was a direct download and not a compressed file being uncompressed on the fly, you would be at an impressive 157Mbps right now.

Yeah man, let's compare internet speeds....

3bd5fc3efc.png

I bet you will shocked to learn that I pay over $100 to get these sick speeds yo

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I have had 10gb game downloads take over 8 hours, your not the only one struggling unfortunatly.

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

My speeds:

3527030922.png

Does what it says on the proverbial tin, so can't complain.

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

Welcome to the world of being screwed by the cable company what you actually think they will give you what you pay for hell no. (That is if you pay for 60MB not 60mbps)

If you live in the US, I'd take it to the Supreme Court xD 

• 2 months later...

My Internet speed test results are,

Download Speed: 18.89 Mbps

Upload Speed:0.795 Mbps.

I check my internet speed from ScanMySpeed.com

What you think about this speed?

Is this good or bad?

At this day and age living just a block away from one of AT&T main lines going into town I am still living in a neighborhood where there is no internet... Verizon 4g Hotspot  :unsure:

I have a Shaw 25/3 Plan for Mbps , most of the time it runs at 26-30 if the load on the server is low (normally is) Upload sucks though and even the Best plan (100Mbps) gets 5 mbps!

Edit: Double checked , even the Highest BUISNESS GRADE has 5 mbps (facepalm)

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

I pay for 60Mb but I get a 10th of that most of the time, which is 6Mb.

Why?

thats mega bites, not mega bits. bits are smaller and you pay for bits not bites. i pay for 50 and i get 6.25 downloads, so yea that looks about right. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good.Speed.Mine  Download speed-20.047mbps Upload speed-6.043mbps I checked my internet speed using ScanmySpeed.com What do you think about my internet speed?

3689017120.png

[CPU] Intel i5 4690k @ stock w/ Corsair H100i [Motherboard] Asus Z97-AR [RAM] 16GB Corsair Vengeance [GPU] Asus Strix GTX 970 OC 4GB [Case] Corsair Obsidian Series 750D [Storage] 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1TB Western Digital Cavier Green HDD [PSU] Corsair CX Series 750M [Display] Dell U2412M [Keyboard] Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Red) [Mouse] Zowie FK1 w/ Corsair MM600 Mouse Mat [Sound] Asus Xonar Essence STX, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1, Sennheiser HD558 w/ ModMic [OS] Windows 8.1 64-bit

Paying For 30Mbps

4.1 MB Down

0.2MB UP